• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Congrats bulletin released and 2nd nl will soon

ray3your

Registered Users (C)
Hey frens, congrats September 2012 bulletin released, now it is not far from 2nd NL.

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER

For October, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2013 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 8,000 Except: Egypt 5,500
Ethiopia 5,500
Nigeria 5,500
ASIA 1,900
EUROPE 5,700
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2
OCEANIA 250
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 450

Surprising only 1,900 for Asia But Good for Africa and other region.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a surprising low number for Asia and even Europe the number is in the low average.

That's right, Asia is quite low this fiscal year. In general though, most other regions are equally low compared to the 2012 fiscal year with the exception of SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN which is up by 50. The breakdown for Africa is also low with the exception of Egypt which is up by about 500.

Hey frens, congrats September 2012 bulletin released,

Surprising only 1,900 for Asia But Good for Africa and other region.

Visa Bulletin for October?

Congratulations to all who are current. Can anybody guess current case numbers for Asia in November?
Thanks!

How exciting everyone! At long last, the slow process will be starting up. Good luck to everyone with interviews in October - that's not too far away, hope you'll be able to get ready in time. Even though having a very low number gets it over with sooner, it's almost too rushed. But I'm sure you'll all manage.

The number for OC is also a bit lower than previous years. It's at 250 this year whereas during the last 3 years it was: 300, 350, 375. In 2009, it started at 200.

So if my calculation is correct, my case number (low 700s) would likely be in March, perhaps April depending on how they progress through the cases. That will be very convenient for me.

Congratulations to all who are current. Can anybody guess current case numbers for Asia in November?
Thanks!

Do like I did - create a spreadsheet with all the current case numbers by month for your region, going back 5 or 6 years. I think you'll get a fairly good idea that way. :)

Surprising only 1,900 for Asia But Good for Africa and other region
Unsurprisingly, the number for Asia is much lower than before. Bangladesh is no longer a participant.