Confirmed Mumbai Interviews from Apr 15-30

pro/desi007 - Letter from consulate

i am not from bombay proper too. how are u planning to get it. go yourself when u are in india ? i would still want desi007 or one of the others who have done this through proxy to let me know if a faxed letter will do as an authorization letter.

Regards

daffy/pro- I got packet IV..../ Demand draft...

1. With the experience of you guys, I had asked my friend to pick it up. He says, it took him 10 mins on the window before 11.00 am to pick it up. For authorization, I had sent my friend an email, stating I authorize bearer of this email to pick up my packet IV.

2. My lawyers received packet IV from consulate within 6 days. (I may be extremely lucky!!)

3. Demand Draft, as my earlier note states, DD from a bank having branch in Mumbai payble at Mumbai will do. That\'s what my Pkt IV states.

I hope this lessens yr pain... I suggest take one more day extra, reach Mumbai one day earlier than yr pre-planned for Medicals, get the P IV, go for medicals and then most coveted interview...

EkGCChahiye - What time did your friend reach the window ?

Was it 6 am in the morning , or he just walked there at 10 and got it

daffy , I am planning of scanning my auth letter & sending by e-mail

I know someone who did this .

Pro , Your friend has to reach the counter by 6:15 am.

My mom was there yesterday at 6:15 am. By 6:30 the line had grown in multiples. for all that you know , for someone who comes alte might have to make a second trip.

Fyi. my mom was 20th in line and got her chance at 9:20 am

Hope this helps

I got Packet -4 at Indian Address on Monday 8th

I had asked them to re-mail my PAcket-4 at Indian address, which they said they did on Apr 1st. I had lost hope of getting it , but got a phone call from home in India telling I got it.

I do not know about the DD stuff, but will talk today night & see what instructions are there.

where do they send P4

The consulate had emailed me with my interview date and mentioned that they had sent out P4 on April 2nd. However I don\'t know where they sent it. Any idea if lawyer gets it or will it be mailed to indian address?
thanks

Blugrass - They send it to US address of Attorney & you.

I know someone who go it last month

OK - Guys - Best Of Luck - I will be leaving for India this weekend

I will lookup this website , whenever I can .

Hope all of us guys are here next month , and talking about our experience of how things went.

I am sure to meet a few of you Guys in Mumbai , my appointment is on Apr-23, and there seem to be 12 EB cases that day.

All the best , and have fun !!

P.S: I will be accessing this site until friday.

Medicals are scheduled on Apr-16 at Hinduja

am planning of doing photos , on that day too

i m also leaving for India tomorrow

Have medicals at lilavati on 17th. will be at the consulate on 16th to get pkt-4. hope to see u

hi ! can u give more details abt how your friend got it in 10 mins

bcos all the people whom i talked to, are saying that they have to stand in line in the morning@6.00. Any info will be helpful. I am going to mumbai the day before the medicals to collect my apptmnt letter.

birth certificates

do anybody of you know about any change in the birth certificate rules about having all post 1970 births registered. i saw a post on the forum mentioning something to that effect. it seems the packet-3s they recevied explicity mentions that no affidavits would do for post 1970 births. but my packet-3, which was issued from the consulate last year has no such reference. i am going ahead with my affidavits.

just wanted to know if any of you were aware of anything like this. its possible that the rule has just been changed.

Regards