Confirmed Mumbai Interviews from Apr 15-30

AJ702

Registered Users (C)
This is a forum for discussion of all matters related to Consular Processing interviews scheduled in US Consulate, Mumbai between Apr 15 to 30.

The objective is to assist in planning and arranging the documents and the trip itself. (Tickets, stay, procedures involved, etc.)

PCC question

I applied for my Police Cert from the Indian Consulate in NYC on Feb 4. Called them up on Mar 13, and they had not received the PCC as yet.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the Consulate to get the PCC?

Medical exam appointments

Has anyone taken an appointment for the medical exam as yet?

PCC question

I applied for my Police Cert from the Indian Consulate in NYC on Feb 4. Called them up on Mar 13, and they had not received the PCC as yet.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the Consulate to get the PCC?

If the consulate doesn\'t receive the PCC from India within 45 days after your application, NY

consulate would issue the PCC by default after that date. My PCC was procured that way after 45 days.
You need to call them before you go there and they requested me to come on a Monday or Tuesday.I went in teh morning and collected my PCC alongwith the stamp in the passport by the end of the day.

Other option is to get the case number from the consulate and ask somebody to follow it up with the RPO (Reg Passport odoffice ) in India and ask them to send a fax to the Indian Consulate in NY. Then you can go and collect it in US. Some persons have done it this way.

PCC & Medicals...

Get your PCC after 30-45 days. Just go to consulate and tell them to give you the PCC. they will issue one.

Also take medical appointment by calling the hospital. i took medical appointments for two hospitals just in case the first appt does not work out. keep the two appts. separated by a day atleast. this is especially imp. considering the current situation in India due to those VHP, RSS idiots. you can always cancel the second appt later on. and don\'t worry, there are enough slots to satisfy everyone so don\'t hurt your conscience by having two appts. that you are wasting one appt. there are plenty of appts. and hospitals would love to have your business. perfect example of competition in indian market.

Thank you

Yes ... 45 days seems to be some sort of a rule. I called up the consulate today and the staff were quite rude in telling me that I should not call them up before \'45 days after application\'.

Thank you shri ganesh

How many days does a typical medical exam take? Is it true that they recommend keeping 3 days for that? I thought medical exams are done in just 1 day in most hospitals.

PCC & Medicals

I got PCC from Chicago Consulate in 2 weeks !!.
Although I have heard eve if your 45 days is not over( the days range from 30-45 depending on Consulate) , you can take your ticket to the Consulate & request that since you have to go , please issue a PCC if 30 days at least have passed. I read this on various forums. So this is the last report.

Medicals I have not yet set up an aoopintment, will do so soon.
Medicals take one day, however it is advisable to keep at least 3 days gap for your interview , as sometimes they may ask you to take further tests ,(e.g realted to TB ) if then find something suspicious)

My interview is on 23rd April at 10:30.

Good luck guys.

Why don\'t u guys add info in cptracker.com

good site to do data analysis. I have Apr 23 int date.

interview: April 29th

hi guys,

guess i can enter this group too now. first of all any idea why the mumbai website is not updating the appointment list for april yet. chennai seems to have done the same ages ago. all i have in terms of confirmation of my interview date is an email i received from the consulate stating the interview date and time.

i havent noticed anybody else here with a april 29th date yet ? if there are any please speak up.

PCC at the washington embassy can also be obtained in two weeks. they seemed to have settled down to some sort of a groove regarding PCCs. i got mine today.

that was an interesting note by sriganesh regarding dual medical appointments. does anybody else have any view or comments about it. dont we need to cancel our second appointment a few days before at least ? like how many days ...any idea ?

Regards.

Yellow form 9003

i have observer multiple references to the \'yellow form\' 9003. what is it and where do i get it from ? is it part of the packet 4 documents ?

Regards

IRS9003 is part of the packet 4. Can download it from immihelp.com

Regarding color, some people have used white paper also. Yellow color does not seem to be a necessary requirement.

Re: interview date

i think u do have the right link. its just that does not seem to have been updated yet for april. it still shows the march list. i hope they will update it on monday.

Regards.

No Title

My P3 was delieverd at mumbai consulate today. I have requested interview date prior to May 15 and if that is not possible after July 5.
1. What do you guys think? will I get a date before May 15?
2. Also I am thinking of sending my passport for PCC to CGNY. My passport was issued in US - so it will take only 2 days right? Should I get it done now or wait a bit incase I don\'t get May interview?? Please advice.
3. When should I call consulate to inquire about interview date?
thanks

Has anyone received Packet-4 yet ?

Mine was mailed on March 5th , they say. But neither my laywer or myself have received it.

Please post when you get your Packet-4 Guys.

Rec\'d Pkt 4

Daffy, I rec\'d my Packet 4 (for an Apr 23 interview) from the Mumbai Consulate over the weekend.

Sailing Permit

Immihelp says that \'Sailing Permit\' from the IRS could be asked for while leaving the country and also during CP interviews. What do you guys think?

Also, where can I lay my hands on the much-talked-about SRIFX document?