***Confirmed*** - August Chennai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

Re: follow to join case

Your lawyer is correct, dont have to mention anything at the consulate. Primary sponsor needs to come in first, dependants can come in later. You'll can even enter different POE.

Hope this helps.
Originally posted by gc1seeker
Gurus : My wife is planning on coming back at a later stage after finishing our interview. I am coming back first. We have NOT mentioned anything about travelling back at different dates in our DS230 Part I.

My question is that are we supposed to mention anything during our interview to the consular officer about this?. Can we just collect our packets (2 in nos. I guess) and my wife comeback to US at a later date than I enter?. I know that the primary benificiary needs to enter first.

When I asked this to our attorney's they said that we DO NOT need to mention anything to consulate and my wife has upto 6 months to re-enter back to US.

I remember somewhere in this message board that someone had mentioned that we do need to tell this at the consulate so that they note it on their records or something like that.

What do you all think ?. Please share your thoughts

thanks

Packet 4 Help

Gurus,
I didn't receive my Pkt 4 to my local address till today and consulate saying that Pkt4 has been posted last week itself. anyone can tell me about the instructions are included in the PKT4

if it's possible can anyone send across to me a copy of instructions. I will be thankful to you guys....

OF230 I & II or DS 230 I & II?

What form does P4 have?. OF230 I & II or DS 230 I & II?.

If we need to download it from the web, there is only OF230 I & II. But the P4 has DS 230 I & II. Isn't that a concern?.

Follow-to-join ... gc1seeker

gc1seeker,

I am not quite sure of this, but decided to answer your question on follow-to-join... so please check up...

I think you have to inform the consulate about your spouse following you later to USA. If you were entering USA together, the consulate gives you one immigration package - which is NOT to be opened. If you were entering separately on different dates, they give separate individual immigration packages.

When you inform the consulate at the time of your interview, you may have to submit a new DS-230 (or OF 230) form which now reflects your travelling intentions.

Haven't received Pkt4.

Chennai operator told me my pkt4 is sent to US address, but till today I haven't received. Any body in the same boat waiting for pkt4 to be delivered at US address but not received yet, please post..

Thanks

Re: Haven't received Pkt4.

Originally posted by WhiteRose
Chennai operator told me my pkt4 is sent to US address, but till today I haven't received. Any body in the same boat waiting for pkt4 to be delivered at US address but not received yet, please post..

Thanks

We are in the same boat.My appt date is August 29th and I am waiting for P4.When is your appt date?

Thanks

Re: Haven't received Pkt4.

Haven't recieved my P4 at my US ADDRESS. Still waiting. Assuming that they have sent the p4 on Jul 15th, we need to give atleast 15 days to wait and see if we or our attorney's receive P4. In my case, eventough I had told them to send my p4 to Bangalore address they have sent it to my us address.

Anyway I will wait and see till monday I guess.

BTW: My interview is on Aug 29th.

Originally posted by WhiteRose

Thanks

Re: Re: Haven't received Pkt4.

Hi cpray: Even my interview date is on Aug 29th. Can you share your email address so that we can be in touch?.

thanks

Originally posted by cpray

We are in the same boat.My appt date is August 29th and I am waiting for P4.When is your appt date?

Thanks

P4 on chennai website

Hi All : When I try to download P4 from madras.sphynx.com website I get an error. Are you all facing the same problem?.

thanks

cpray, My Interview date is Aug 28th.

Hope we will receive P4 by next week.

gc1seeker, it looks like some problem in chennai website.

Thanks

Medicals at Chennai

Is it true that the medicals need to be done two working days before the CP interview ?
My interview is on the 22nd of August. I was hoping on getting the lab work at lister done on the 20th and the medical check done on the 21st .

shettyv

u can get it done anytime. however, if during lister labs if your chest xray is supsicious for Tuberculosis then you will have to get sputum samples for three consecutive days, which is why they recommend scheduling medical exams for two days prior to interview. However, the fact is if the chest xray is suspicious then it takes three days, so i dont see the logic behind two days

GC1Seeker

Yes, there is some problem with chennai website .. even appointment pages also not showing properly....

docs site

hi all,

I had collected some of the detailed posts regarding chennai CP experiences and CP documents list. The famous SRIFX list has been modified and updated of late, and I have what I believe the most recent post of it.

I also have several experience posts on this board, collected from about the start of this year, most of them detailed enough to serve as roadmaps. I had made Word docs out of them, and then to HTML.

I have posted these at the site

http://chennaicp.tripod.com

for the benefit of chennai CPers. Since chennai P4 downloads seem to be down, if they do not bring it up ina few days, I shall post my earlier downloaded versin of P4 (medicals instructions etc) too.

I shall add to the documents list and experience list as I format more of them.

good luck everyone. Hope we all get Sept interviews and success there.

Need Help

My kid is holding US Passport/citizenship, do we have to fill I-134 for him at the time of interview, Please advice if you guys have any info on this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Faizee

I had seen in some of the discussions on I134 for kids who are citizens..........The forum had suggested to get the same done as it is not a difficult thing to obtain.
Thank you
Pujpran

I-134 needed only if you are sponsoring somebody for an immigrant visa

i dont think you need it if your child is a citizen

Transit visa & sailing permit

Hi All : We are travelling by Lufthansa through Frankfurt to Chennai. Called up German consulate in Atlanta this morning.

Since we have a valid visa which was revalidated in St. Louis, and our I-94 which was given at the port of entry when we last entered had expired, wanted to clarify about transit visa requirement.

The lady at the german consulate told me that they DONT care about I-94 card. As long as we have a valid visa stamped on our passports then we do not require a transit visa. So we are not applying for the same.

Gurus, please let me know if you disagree.

BTW: Got our saliing permit on Friday. The IRS lady stapled a I-94 kind of card to our passport. I hope this is what sailing permit is.
She checked our tickets, passports,SSN/ITIN cards, drivers licence, various entry dates to US , all relevant visas on our passports and tax returns for pervious year before issuing the sailing permit.