***Confirmed*** - August Chennai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

akashvani

Registered Users (C)
Lets migrate from the "likely" August to "Confirmed" August .. for Chennai. Pl. post your details here...

My details:

CP Tracker ID : akashvani
Interview : Aug 23rd
POE : JFK

Receiving P4?

Any one receing it in US address?. What's the procedure if I want my P4 sent to my local address in chennai?. Should I already have specified it?.

Thanks.

My Details

Interview date : Aug 27
Cptracker ID : Mclyte2k
POE : Either Newark or Philly

Received Packet-4 at my local Address in India.

Guys.. any fundaes on the draft amounts ?

I also posted the same query in the "Confirmed July" thread.. and will post the results in this thread if I get any response there..

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If we went thru NVC, what are the amounts for drafts ?
Gurus,

My interview is in Aug.

1. What amounts do we need to take for drafts per person. I checked on the immihelp and consulate website. . but have a vague feeling that we already tendered $260 of it to NVC.

2. What are the recommended studios for photos (basically who are aware of consulate requirements) ? (preferably near or around consulate ).

3. I got my flight ticketing done.. and JFK would be my POE. Are there any known issues with this POE?

Can you guys throw some light on these.... Thanks a bunch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my details

Interview Date : 29th Aug
cptracker : malgudi-days
POE : chicago

Guys, Has anyone from Bangalore received P4 at the their local address??

Here are my details

My interview date is August 21st.
POE is Dallas.

I was told Packet 4 is still mentioning I864 affidavit of support. All other info says that we need I134 affidavit of support. Could anyone who got Packet4 docs clarify.
Whichone do we need to carry? Is it I864 or I134 or both to be on safer side.

Pujpran

defjam, did you receive P4 already for Aug

Interview. That's fast, Pls. confirm.

pujpan, you need to submit I134 only. I hope consulate sends I864 because it usually treats all individuals who are attending consulate interview are family based or first time visitors to US.

For employment based I134 has to be submitted.

Experienced CP'ers please confirm this.

Thanks

Yes Whiterose.......The interview is on August 21st

Well, if my question is if Pakcet 4 mentions about I864, it is better to take both I134 and I864 for the interview. Once we go to India,it will be a big problem if consulate asks for it. There is no harm if we take both.
One thing we should keep in mind that we should have all the documents with us when we go to India for the CP interview.
If we try to get documents from US when we are in India, it will be a much bigger problem.

CP gurus.... your comments please.........
Pujpran

folks, recvd pkt 4 at local address in Chennai

Interview : Aug 22
POE : SFO

to answer akashvani's questions :

1. What amounts do we need to take for drafts per person. I

one rupee equivalent of $75 draft for EACH person.
(My friend just came back from CP. It was Rs 3185)

one cosnolidated draft for the Courier (250 + 50*n) . Not sure if it is 250 or 300 now.

2. What are the recommended studios for photos (basically who are aware of consulate requirements) ? (preferably near or around consulate ).

Konica labs is the best and close to consulate.

Moulin, i am back ! when is your interview ?

Target GC.. Thankx.. however..

TargetGC,
Is the additional amount $65 or $75 ? I have searched few old posts and they say $65.

Everyone,
My attorney has requested for P4 to be mailed to him in US (He is a control freak with no initiative however.. ). Is the consulate accepting requests to fax / local pickup of the appointment letter ?

-Akashvani

Visa Fees

We need to pay $325 for visa issuance fee and 250+n*50 for delivery charges.
we would have paid $260 along with pkt3, we need to take draft for 65 only on Interview time, I think consulate won't accept higher value of draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi whiteRose

WhiteRose

Yours and mine is same day . Hopefully we may able to meet in Chennai consulate . I am planning to leave the country by aug8th.

Please Reply

I have received DS230 Part I along with packet 4 . When I send the packet 3 to NVC , I had already send DS230 Part I. But the document list in packet 4 says I have bring DS230 part 1 and part II for the interview. I am little confused .

1) Do I need to re fill DS 230 Part I for me and Family?

2) Can I use the Photocopy of DS230 Part I Which I sent to
NVC along with packet3 ?

Give me some advise

GC1Seeker
Appt Dt : Aug 29 8.00am

Did you get your Pkt4, I too waiting for Pkt4... give me your emailId.

MSKUM

1) Do I need to re fill DS 230 Part I for me and Family?
yes, we will have to fillup DS230 Part I also with Part II

2) Can I use the Photocopy of DS230 Part I Which I sent to
NVC along with packet3 ?

I think we can better to refill it .. what's the big deal on it...