***Confirmed*** - August Chennai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

German Transit Visa

Hi GC1,

German Consulate won't give the Visa's on the same day, they will ask you to come next day to collect the passports or if you pay $14 extra, they will mail the passports by fedex next day.

Hope this helps.

CPNVC

Guys,

Actually, there is no Packet 4 anymore. The Consulate has done away with this, so there is no additional paperwork. They only send a copy of appointment letter to your home address, and to your attorney's office. Need to take that attorney's official copy to the consulate for interview. If you dont get it in time then take a print out from the consulated web site. No more paper required.

At this point its just formalities...chill out.

G-28(Attorney Representation) & Sailing Permit

Hi Guys,

Is it mandatory to carry these two documents (G-28 & Sailing Permit) or it is just good to have these documents with us?

Thanks in advance.
CPNVC

Originally posted by sumathi_63
I have just the copy of I-140. Is the original of I-140 sent with packet 3?.

The original I-140 approval would be sent to your lawyer by INS
- he/she should still have it. You should carry that to the interview just to be safe.

u_me

Re: mine is on Aug 28th..

Originally posted by WhiteRose
CP Tracker: WhiteRose
POE: chicago

Hi there,

Glad to know urs appointment is on Aug 28. Can you please let me know when your I-140 approved and how long did it took for you to receive all so called "packets" and to schedule an appointment? Also, would be a great help from you if you could let me know the exact procedures while and after I-140 for scheduling an interview for CP.

Thanks,

P4/appt letter receipt

hi all,

I know you guys are busy preparing for the interview/travel, but do answer a couple of questions:

who all received P4 in US?

who all received P4 or Appt letter in an address in india earlier mailed to chennai ?

when did you receive it

was it sent by ordinary mail?

just trying to see when they send out P4/Appt letter, and how fast they reach.

thanks!!

Friends,

I have mentioned the value of stocks that I own in I-134?. Do we have to list the stocks and it's market value in a separate sheet and attch it to the I-134?. Or Is there any specific form to list it?.

Thanks.

Arrangement of the Documents

Hi Guys,

I am in the process of arranging documents for CP interview at Chennai. I would like to know which is the better way (or the consulate expects) between keeping the Originals and Copies together and make one complete set (OR) keeping the Originals and Copies seperately for each individual.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
CPNVC

Got Packet 4 documents at Chennai

Today I went to consulate and got the Pkt4 documents except appointment letter. they asked me to take a printouts from appointment page in cousulate website.

any physicians who have done cp after J-1 waiver?

please contact me , i want to see if any additional documents needed

Re: Arrangement of the Documents

Originally posted by cpNVC
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of arranging documents for CP interview at Chennai. I would like to know which is the better way (or the consulate expects) between keeping the Originals and Copies together and make one complete set (OR) keeping the Originals and Copies seperately for each individual.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
CPNVC

Just arrange Originals and Copies together(Next to each other). Consular officer will take the copies and return the originals. If you r married keep one copy for you with original and one copy alone for your spouse.

Re: Got Packet 4 documents at Chennai

Originally posted by faizee
Today I went to consulate and got the Pkt4 documents except appointment letter. they asked me to take a printouts from appointment page in cousulate website.

What is your consulate?

:)
Hi All,
It's GREEN all....
My interview at Chennai consulate today has been successful.It has been fairly simple. Those who follow the procedures as indicated in this portal, it is going to be fairly easy and simple.
I have met few of our fellow CPers of this chat group.
IRS 9003 is not required at all eventhough it is mentioned in packet 4. DS230 Part I is also not needed. They asked for 2001 W2 form and latest copy of pay stub.
I will post more details after I land in US in the first week of September 2002.
Good luck to all.

PUJPRAN

cp success on aug 22

:) Had a smooth cp today.have also posted this in a separate thread.
nothing much to add to Pujpran's experirence except that 2001 tax return is ok as well (instead of W2).
Form 9003 and DS 230 part 1 are not needed.
So Cp'ers , things are cool ..all the best !!

Last edited by a moderator: