Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

Help me

Hi all,

I am little confused, My LC has just cleared, I live in Wisconsin and I came to know that MY case will be filed in Nebraska service center.

My question is what is local INS proccessing, When my case will come to Local Wisconsin INS. I know some pepople are going to Local INS for FP and Stamping onthe passports.

And also, I am seeing different processing times for I485 at my local INS center.

Your input is highly appreciated

Regards

New Tracker for Concurrent Filing

I put tracker for concurrent Filing

The First Sheet is tracker for I-140

The Second Sheet is tracker for Concurrent Filing

Please let me know if there any need for improvement

Thanks

RD 08/21/2002 ND 08/23/2002

MY attorney filed my family's I-485/EAD/AP together on 08/20/2002 and we just got all receipts, though all the receipts were send to the attorney who forwarded to us on 08/30/2002.

Please post detail on Receipt

Please post detail on Receipt and EB type and
is it RIR or non RIR so I can update the tracker

Thanks

receipts

I filed i-485 on 8/9 and still haven't received receipts. Is this still normal? :confused:

Receipts and FP

I checked with my attorney and he said he has not yet received the reciept for my wife's 485 but we received the FP notices. Still waiting for EAD.

wxm8 - Did you get your EAD?

Thanks,
ssmk

Re : kdm

My Attorney sent it on August 7, 2002
my Attorney received the receipt by August 22, 2002

Give it about 2 to 3 weeks

Re : ssmk

I have not receive EAD yet
There is a rumor that for concurrent filing, INS will
go process I-140 first before EAD,

I think if the rumor is true, I should get EAD after two
months (INS process I-140 for EB3/RIR in two months)

ssmk, Please post your detail so I can add to tracker

Thanks

re:ssmk

wxm8,
I do not have any detail as such as I did not get the receipts yet. My attorney sent the I-140,I-485 and EAD application on Aug 14th. We received FP notices last week and FP is scheduled on 9/26. FP notice does not mention the LIN number anyhwhere.
I will let you know once I get the receipts from my attorney.

Thanks for your response.
ssmk

Need help

Gurus please help me- My I-140 was received by INS on April 8, 2002 (EB-2), its not been approved but I am ready to file I-485 as the new interim rule.
I have few questions it would be really helpful if some one know the answer.

1. In I-485 I don't know which item to check (PART 2) which ask

"I am applying for an adjustment of status to permanent resident status because"

Should I check item (a) in Part 2 (which states “an immigrant visa giving me an immediately available…) is that enough or I should also check (h) of Part 2 to quote the interim rule, 67FR 495721?
Or somethin else has to be done, since my I-140 has not yet approved...?

2. I know that the spouse has to file separate I-485 form (or any other form for that matter), but is it true that either the spouses should file (submit) separately, or it can go into same package?

3. In EAD application (item 11) one is suppose to attach all the document related to previous EAD. My wife when she was on J-2 (I was on J-12 that time), had an EAD (which expired once I moved to H-1B), does any one knows what are the documents she is suppose to attached besides the expired EAD and I-797 (i.e. notice of action)?

4. My last question is regarding form I-131 (travel document Item #7), where one has to mentione the eligibility criteria, my wife who has now a valid H1B visa but she is applying for an EAD; does the notice of action (I-797 for my I-140 petition) is good enough or something else is required?

Thanks a lot in advance.

you need AP -Advance Parole to travel

after you file 485, you need AP -Advance Parole to travel,
your lawyer is right. Either come back and then file 485 or better still file 485 , get your advance parole and then travel , at lest you will get in queue for 485 processing.

U cannot reenter US on H1 if you travel after 485 and dont have AP.

Insufficient Finger Printing Fee

I have filed for my I-485 on august 21st and on Sep-3rd recieved receipt notices for 485,ead,ap.

All the checks got cashed from my back account including two 50$ cecks for the finger printing fee.

However my wife's notice say's

"Insufficient Finger Printing Fee" , even on the AVM

My lawyer has asked for a front and back copy of the figer printing checks that got cleared from the bank.

Iam worried regarding this.....any insight will be helpful

Thanks
glakes

Last edited by a moderator:
I-485 while outside US

Hi,

1) With concurrent filing of I-140/ I-485, do I need to attach the I-140 recept notice with I-485 application? If so, how long does it take to get the I-140 receipt notice?

2) Can I file I-485 while I am outside the United States. Here is the argument, while outside the US, I don't have an I-94 and cannot adjust the status since I am not present in US.

3) Assuming that I filed I-485, do I need the I-485 receipt notice to re-enter US eventhough I have a valid H1/H4?

Thanks in Advance,
AMN

Hi,

I am copying the answers by Jaxen to the above questions from another thread.

1. Yes. U have to wait for the receipt notice if you have already filed I140. If you are planning to file I140, you can send I485 along with. See INS website for postal address for concurrent filings.

2. No You cannot. You have to be in the US at the time of filing 485- It is adjustment of status from H or similar status to permanent residency.

3. h visas can be concurrently held while I485 is pending. No need for an advance parole or i485 receipt. The information that a 485 is pending is irrelevant for a H visa holder entering US.

Thanks Jaxen

AMN

Hi wxm8, jbm

I have filed my I 140 & I 485 on Sept 6th.
Atlast I got my date of birth certificates from India!

I heard that people rae getting EAD and Finger prints within one month! Two of my friends got within 3 weeks from filing date.

Nanaji

RE:

HI Nanaji,
Do you know anyone who got EAD after filing I-140 and I-485 together and how long it took. I heard they are not issuing EADs so fast but only the FP notices.
Thanks,
ssmk

EAD & I-131

Hi: I am about to file I-140/I-485 concurrently in a week or two since I am waiting for my hard copy. My question is that am I able to file EAD and I-131 to local INS office after getting I-485 reciept. I heard it only take a couple of hour in getting the EAD. Is that right?

Thanks
:cool:

Does anybody still waiting for the Receipt/Notice case from NSC. ... mail date around 08/15.

Thanks,