Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Got my interview letter today . Will I be able to apply for my passport the same day or will I have to wait till the oath is completed?

PR2001Cit2007 said:
ChicagoBears,

It may mean that you cleared the FBI FP check and NSC transferred your file to Chicago District Office. This happened to me as well, so I wouldn't worry about it. Just watch for an Interview Notice letter in the mail.

---------------------
09/29/06: Mailed the application (USPS Priority w/ delivery confirmation)
10/02/06 (3 days): Received and Priority Date
10/05/06 (6 days): Check Cleared (1 check made to USCIS)
10/10/06 (11 days): Notice Date
10/11/06 (12 days): FP Notice (received in the mail on 10/16/06)
10/21/06 (22 days): FP Appt at ASC in Uptown, Chicago
11/07/06 (39 days): Received I-797C Notice to Appear for Natz Initial Interview
12/20/06 (82 days): Interviewed at USCIS Office at 101 W Congress Pkway, Chicago (Approved)
01/12/07 (105 days): Received Form N-445, Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony in the mail, dated 01/05/07.
01/25/07 (118 days): Oath Ceremony scheduled at 12:00pm

You can apply for the passport after the Oath Ceremony, they will give you the Naturalization Certificate, you need this to apply for the passport

wireless1 said:
You can apply for the passport after the Oath Ceremony, they will give you the Naturalization Certificate, you need this to apply for the passport

Wireless1,

Upon applying for a US passport, does the Passport Officer take away the Naturalization Certificate in order to process the the passport application or he/she just need to see and verify its authenticity?

Thanks,
PR2001Cit2007

Sole-proprietorship and N-400.

My husband has a small side business (as a sole-proprietor) along with his full time job. He has mentioned both in his N-400 application.

He has declared his income from the business in his income tax returns and paid taxes as applicable.

Our question is does anyone see any negative aspect to this situation?

Does he need to carry any proof besides his tax returns?

Can anyone think of any questions/issues that IO might ask/raise?

Feedback greatly appreciated.

Make an Infopass Appointment

I was in the same boat not receiving FP letter then made an appointment and checked with the immigration officer and with in 20 days got my FP notice for 01/09/2007 and received interview letter last week

hominid said:
I am in the same boat. Filed 08/17/06. Still waiting for FP appointment.

Passport info

scarlethawk said:
Any thoughts? Should I apply right away at the USPS or wait until I am in the two weeks window and apply at the passport office downtown?

Hi Scarlethawk,
I am in same boat as you were with an upcoming trip in 3 weeks after Oath and wondering whether apply for passport in USPS or wait until 14day window. How did you manage to get your passport?. I appreciate any feedback/suggestion form your experience? :)

Chicago downtown passport agency is not same day service but issues passports next day. Anyone know if they can fedEx it?

Case Status Disappeared

My case status disappeared last night. Does this mean an interview letter has been issued or NSC has transferred my file to the local Chicago district office?

Hi Naumank4273, I do see that our timelines are not that far apart, although ur PD is 4 days earlier than mine. Weird that I had my FP b/4 yours. (USCIS confuse the customer ploy at work :confused: ) If ur case disappeared last night then u should be getting an IL shorthly. Hopefully, my case will disappear real soon too.
Actually, I had taken an infopass yesterday to inquire if my backgroud check was in the clear. The immigration officer that attended to me was very kind as she asked how long since I filed. ;) I responded not very long and that I was just curious since I knew I had a clean slate and would be travelling outside of the country first week of March 07. Anyway, I knew that my FP cleared same day (Jan. 3rd) but I was not sure of what the name check outcome was!!! The officer said that my name check was completed Jan 5th and I should have patience for IL to arrive. :) I wish u all the best on what is left of ur journey.

Regards.
Tightcat.

Last edited by a moderator:
IL Received

Finally, I received my interview letter today 01/26. Dated 01/19 and interview date is 03/07/07. Now, I see the light at the end of the tunnel. :) By the way, my online case status did not disappear. I just checked it five minutes ago and it still says received & pending!!

Case Status.

ap74mo said:
Did your case status disappear on the USCIS website? Thanks and good luck.

No my case status has not disappeared. Perhaps, it will disappear after their batch process tonight.

Tightcat,

Congratulations! I have been traveling for the past 1.5 weeks and I am anxious to check my mail when I get back tomorrow.

Thx U !

Hi Naumank4273, Thanks, this has been truly a blessing from above cos I know others on this same board have been waiting for a long time to receive their respective interview letters. Prayerfully, everyone will receive the good news sooner than later. Be rest asssured that you'll have a nice report waiting for you when u get back tomorrow!!!

- Best Regards.
- Tightcat.