Straight from the horse's mouth.

CHICAGO

BROADWAY ASC
4853 N. Broadway
Chicago, IL 60640

Open: Tues - Sat 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Closed: Sun, Mon and all Federal holidays

naumank4273 said:
Does anyone have the experience of walking in to take the FP at CIS Broadway, 4853 N Broadway, Chicago? How early do they open the location?

I got an FP notice today for Jan 11, (for some reason FP to be taken ant the USCIS office in Indianapolis, even though I live in central Illinois).

I will be travelling during that time. The FP notice says that, if I cannot come on Jan 11, I can get my FP done on any Wednesday following the appointment date, but no later than Apr 5, 2007.

It is actually more conventient for me to go there on the preceding Wednesday, Jan 3. Does anyone know if that sort of thing is allowed?
Thanks!

eo23

I went to the chicago office yesterday and the lady told me the FBI name check cleared recently( she was not sure when :confused: ). The file is still with NSC. She said if i don't receive IL by Jan end to come see them again.

I went to the application support center at Chicago Broadway and told an officer (not sure if he's just a security guard) about my trip. He said I could come back on any Saturdays and Wednesdays following my appointment. So apparently they don't want people to show up before their appointment dates, although there were not many people in the line.

My question is: as this rule is not written in the FP notice (the notice says I have to reschedule the appointment to Wed or Sat afternoons by mailing the notice back), am I safer to cut my trip short by 1 day (doable but there will be some explaining to do) to go for the original appointment or should I just show up on the 17th (they are closed on the Jan 13)? My concern is a different officer could tell me to mail in the FP notice and reschedule it.

Prep for IL

while I await the IL, is the booklet given to me at FP sufficient to answer civic questions at interview or do i need to read anything else ?

Thanks

Globeseer,
The booklet takes care of everything. The only additional information you need is your local house representative and IL's two senators.
Good luck!!!

IL received - NSC/Chicago

Here are the dates:

08/11/06 - application sent
8/14/06 - NSC received the application
8/24/06 - Finger print appt received
8/31/06 - Finger print appt done
12/26/06 - IL received
02/08/07 - interview schedulded in Federal Courthouse

Does anyone had interview schedulded in Federal Courthouse?? If so, could you please let me know where??

Thanks!!

Where to get the booklet

Where did you get the booklet? I didn't get any booklet during the FP. My interview is scheduled for 5th Feb.

Interview scheduled

Hello - Interview scheduled for Feb 14th. How long will the interview last and will the Oath be right after it. Its at Citizenship office on Congress Parkway.

What all documents should I take (pay stubs, employment letter, tax transcripts etc) as they don't mention anything other than green card, driver's license and passport. I did see the huge list but does everyone take all that?

thanks

Nov 15 2006: Application Sent
Nov 22 2006: Application Received
Nov 22 2006: Priority Date
Nov 22 2006:Application Processed/Case # Available
Nov 24 2006:Checks Cashed
Dec 6 2006:: Received Fingerprint Appointment Notice for 12/13/2006
Dec 13 2006:: Completed Fingerprints
Dec 29 2006 :: Interview notice (sent Dec 21st)
Feb 14th 2007 :: Interview
Others:: TBD

Shinytop,
Read my very first post ever on this portal. I have a very detailed Chicago interview experience posted on 11/21/06.
Good luck!!!

question

does interview mean my namecheck and fingerprinting results are in (or cleared) or do they issue interview date having namecheck and FP pending

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
shinytop said:
does interview mean my namecheck and fingerprinting results are in (or cleared) or do they issue interview date having namecheck and FP pending

thanks

That is the trend these days (starting around middle of 2006, almost all the cases have been of interview when name-check is clear).

selective service

One of the items they want me to bring to interview is selective service document. I did not become a permanent resident until I was 29 yrs of age. I was on F-1,EAD (PT),H-1B,GC. Do I need to still get that document? I don't have I-20 or PT or H1-B document with me now. Can I still get a document from selective service people? Any one with similar experience? What all would they need (also I was never illegal during any of the periods though I don't have documentation with me currently). I appreciate all your responses.

thanks

scarlethawk said:
That is the trend these days (starting around middle of 2006, almost all the cases have been of interview when name-check is clear).

Selective Service

I too received my IL to be held at 101 W. Congress Pkwy., and regarding SS registration - it does not say you MUST, but it says in my case "Any evidence of Selective Service Registration", AND at the bottom it says in bold "PLEASE keep this appointment, even if you do not have all the items indicated above." So having read these two, I wouldn't worry about Selective Service. I entered into the US at age 35.

shinytop said:
One of the items they want me to bring to interview is selective service document. I did not become a permanent resident until I was 29 yrs of age. I was on F-1,EAD (PT),H-1B,GC. Do I need to still get that document? I don't have I-20 or PT or H1-B document with me now. Can I still get a document from selective service people? Any one with similar experience? What all would they need (also I was never illegal during any of the periods though I don't have documentation with me currently). I appreciate all your responses.

thanks
Its good to have that letter in hand in case they ask.
They did ask me to provide the SS letter and luckily
I had it with me otherwise the IO was ready to
throw the book at me. Just search my name and you
will find lots of posts on this topic by my name.
goodluck and dont let others decide your destiny
this is the last most important step in fullfilling your American Dream.

FP Cleared same day!!

tightcat said:
Here is my timeline

Nebraska Service Center
Chicago District Office
12/14/06 Checks Cashed ( N400 & Biometrics).
12/21/06 Touched!!!
12/22/06 Touched by an angel
12/22/06 NOA Received, dated 12/19/06
12/23/06 FP NOA Received, dated 12/20/06
01/03/07 FP appt , completed
TBD IL.
TBD OL
:)

My finger print appointment was yesterday at 10:00 a.m. Anyway, I arrived at the appl support center at 9:00 am and one of the clerks attended to me immediately. It took only about 10 to 15 minutes to complete my prints. The clerk said my prints were excellent and I should be getting a letter shortly. I must say he was very professional and cordial. I went one step further, by calling FBI the next morning at 1-304-625-5590. I selected the customer service option. Within 5 minutes, a live voice came on and asked how she could help me. I told her I would like to know if my finger prints results were completed. She proceeded to ask what purpose was the FP for?, my A # and verified my name. She confirmed that the prints were done yesterday and the results were delivered to USCIS yesterday. However, she could not give me any details around prints.... whether it was good or bad. Prayerfully, I should be getting my interview letter shortly. By the way, my name is unique and I have never had any problems with the laws except for a few speeding tickets here there which I never mentioned on my N400 app. Hopefully this info will be helpful to others. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Selective Services

Wireless1,

What age were you when you entered the US? My guess probably less than 26yrs when you came to the US.