Chicago DOL tracking part 8

hellogcc - CP to AOS

Cool userid.
I was also having all the questions about CP/AOS. then I was adviced by some of my friends to apply for AOS as all the INS service centers are targetting to give out 485 approvals in 6 months of application date. So I decided not to take the risk with CP. It seems CP interview calls are talking 4-6 months and then the trip back to homeland. Makes sense to stick with AOS. That\'s just my opinion. I may be completely wrong. Just thought I will add to the discussion. Thanks guys/gals

gupte
PS : My 140 has been applies from NSC just last week

No Title

Silly choice.

If you choose CP at the I-140 stage, you can always switch back to AOS just by filing your I-485 once your I-140 is approved, i.e. you can leave BOTH options open for now and NOT risk any negative consequences.

If you choose AOS at this point, then it can delay your case by 2-6 months or more to get the INS to switch to CP if that\'s what you decide later on because AOS processing gets worse. Your friends have a helluva lot more faith in the INS than the INS is due. When have they actually met their promised timelines and then KEPT to those? How many times have they got worse? If you want to believe they\'ll get better then why are so many leaders in the U.S. saying the INS is "broken" and "totally incompetent?"

LEAVE BOTH OPTIONS OPEN FOR NOW!!! Read the knowledgable opinions of Ron Gotcher\'s on CP vs. AOS and also the many informative postings in the CP forum. You\'ll see that CP is much more predictable and certain -- and the NVC, DOS and consulates are friendly, cooperative and easy to work with. You can track the progress of your case at every step. I completed it several years ago and have helped several friends with CP who followed me. The law firm who works for my employer advises many clients to go CP because of the recurring INS screw-ups and most do.

any updates/news/findings/obervations today

Friends,
please post any updates/news/findings/obervations that took place today

cheers

Certified!!!

My LC was certified today.
MI SESA RD 04/18/01.
DOL CHICAGO RD 12/04/01
Case No 0540351X
Approved 03/18/02
Dot code 030.167-014

Congrats Sivam

My DOL RD is 12/05 and Case No 372x. I hope I will get good news in a day or two. I am surprised how come case No jumped from 34xx to 37xx in just one day.

cases updated with received regional office 02/08/2002

The dol chicago has update some case on the system look\'s like case\'s received till 02/08/2002

Let\'s continue in Part 9

Hi All,

This thread has become too long and is taking time to load. Let\'s continue in Part 9. Please post your messages from now on wards in Part 9 only.

Thanks,

No Title

Priya,

Priority date is the date SESA received your application. This date is not used fo any purpose during Labor processing, but is a requirement when filing for 485.

Your case number would be different for SESA and DOL. It takes around 3-3.5 months for the chicago DOL to approve cases.