• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Change Passport after submit DS-260

bibo

Hello,

I get a new passport after i submit the DS-260 with the old one, i want to know if my current situation will cause me problems in my interview?
My interview date has been set for next month.

I wish to thank you in advance for helping me

It shouldn't cause any problem as long as you attend the interview with both the old and the new passports.

Hello Mom,

Thank you for the quick response, but the problem is that i can't keep the old one, i have to give the old passport to the administration to get the new one :( .. can i just bring only a copy at the inertview.

You will be my second Mom :D

Which means you did a renewal and you still have the same Passport number right? You have no problem.

Hello Mom,

Thank you for the quick response, but the problem is that i can't keep the old one, i have to give the old passport to the administration to get the new one :( .. can i just bring only a copy at the inertview.

You will be my second Mom :D

Yes you can take the copy along and (if asked) explain the fact that you had to turn in the old one in order to get a new one.

Honored to be your second mom :p

Usually, authories cancel the old passport and give it back to you. it can never the same number again. new passport = new number.