• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Change of address / sponsor (POE)

Npdvwinner1

Hello,
I am a DV2023 winner and I recently got my immigrant visa issued. On ds260, there was a question point of contact in US where I have written name and address of my uncle from Virginia who is basically called a sponsor in DV case. However, he did not send my any documents like welcome letter and tax file which i needed to present in the day of my interview. Thats why I messaged another Uncle in the US and asked him documents, he sent me it and I presented it to US embassy. I told them I have changed my sponsor but they said they cant change it on my DS260 and you need to inform CBP officer at POE of your new address or your green card will be lost. Now my question is should I give address of that very sponsor whose document I presented to the US embassy or I can give any address I like? My sister is in US on F1 visa and I am going to reside with her and not with my sponsor. So, giving my sister's address will be easier for me as I will have my green card and SSN also delivered there.

So, my question is can I give any address I want to the CBP officer or is it compulsory that I give them the address of the changed sponsor?
(I have given US embassy the copy of welcome letter and 1040 tax file (first two pages) to the consulate and I believe those documents are inside the yellow sealed immigration packet given to me)
Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you for your reply Brit Simon sir. It means I can land at the nearest airport to my sister's address and give them the address of my sister?
And I have one more question about Port of Entry? People with non immigrant visas are denied at POE because CBP officer thinks they are potential immigrant (in most cases). What are the odds of being denied at POE with immigrant visas?