• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CEAC data

Hey buddy vlad I'm around just chilling nd waiting for the last 2 months
I've answered you about the pcc by the way!
Yeah same here man still waiting for the bloody VB :( and I can't get my self chilled lol
Btw what about danik have you hear from him?

Lol man, I saw the reply abt the pc, abt Dany k, the guy is now enjoying the good life in Chicago illinois if I'm not mistaken;)

Hello guys!

Sorry I'm still new to this, can someone tell me what "Ready" means in the CEAC data?

Thank you all for being so helpful!

Ready means the application is ready for an interview!
But than you will get some people that will never show up for the interview, so the status will stay ready ...

Means they are ready for interview as above, ie forms have been processed, interview has been scheduled and file sent to embassy.

It can apparently also mean that the principal had been refused and they haven't bothered updating the derivatives though... Moreover it appears that sometimes in the consulates where they give the guys chances to withdraw application before they pay due to a disqualifying factor, they will leave it as ready as well.

Means they are ready for interview as above, ie forms have been processed, interview has been scheduled and file sent to embassy.

It can apparently also mean that the principal had been refused and they haven't bothered updating the derivatives though... Moreover it appears that sometimes in the consulates where they give the guys chances to withdraw application before they pay due to a disqualifying factor, they will leave it as ready as well.

That second case must, I believe, be lazy or inaccurate updates to CEAC. Most embassies are updating all derivatives accurately - the cases that are not updated appear less often.

That second case must, I believe, be lazy or inaccurate updates to CEAC. Most embassies are updating all derivatives accurately - the cases that are not updated appear less often.

Refer aldoblack's posts.... I think it is where the derivatives do not get paid for, they technically have not been interviewed, there is technically no change from the ready status? I know it is not supposed to work this way, but if DoS has to actually state in the FAM they shouldn't do this then clearly some have been ;)

Refer aldoblack's posts.... I think it is where the derivatives do not get paid for, they technically have not been interviewed, there is technically no change from the ready status? I know it is not supposed to work this way, but if DoS has to actually state in the FAM they shouldn't do this then clearly some have been ;)

Nah! There are other cases (too many for it to be the logical examples that could exist) where the main applicant is issued or on AP and the derivatives are not updated. It is clearly a mistake and if it were an accounting issue (being tied to fees paid) the data would be way more reliable than it is, or than it was last year.