Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

Dear Elmeje, have they ever told you what kind of files need to be consolidated? Did they contact you between interview and final granted letter?

:confused:
IN JAN 9, 2008 I WENT TO BOSTON DISTRICT OFFICE FOR MY IL APPOINTMENT.. I WAS VERY PREPARED FOR THE TEST.. AND IT WAS SO EASY AND SIMPLE..

1-. WHEN I GOT TO THE WAITING ROOM FOR THE INTERVIEW IN 5 MINUTES THEY CALLED MY NAME A VERY NICE BLACK LADY CALLED ME, SHE TOLD ME DO NOT WORRY THE TEST IS VERY EASY, IT'S A COMPUTER WHICH SELECT THE QUESTION RANDONLY.. SOME THINK THAT WE DO, BUT WE DON'T..

2-. I WENT TO THE ROON AND IN 2 MINUTES I PASSED THE TEST WAS REALLY VERY EASY AND VERY SIMPLE.. SHE ASKE ME...

1. WHAT'S THE NAME OF THE NATIONAL ANTHEM OF THE U.S.?
2. WHO NOMINATES JUDGES FOR THE SUPREME COURT?
3. WHAT'S THE 49 STATES ADDED TO THE UNION US?
4. WHAT'S THE NAME OF THE CAPITAL OF THE STATE YOU ARE LIVING?
5.HOW MANY CHANGES OF ADMENTMENTS DOES THE CONSTITUTION HAS?
6.WHO IS THE HEAD OF STATE GOVERNMENT CALLED?

1. READING... I HAVE A BLUE CAR
1. FOR WRITTING: SHE DICTATED ... THE BIRD FLEW AWAY..

SHE TOLD ME CONGRATULATION YOU PASSED ... YOU WERE PERFECT.. THEN SHE TOLD ME GO BACK TO THE WAITING ROOM AND WAIT FOR ANOTHER OFFICER THAT WILL CALL YOU ABOUT 30 MINUTES, JUST TO ASK YOU GENERAL QUESTION ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION..

IN 15 MINUTES AN OFFICER CALLED MY NAME I FOLLOWED HIM.. ONCE WE GOT TO THE ROOM HE TOLD ME RISE YOUR RIGHT HAND AND SWEAR TO SAY THE TRHUTH AND ONLY THE TRUTH. I SAID I SWEAR.

THEN HE ASKED ME MY GREEN CARD, SOCIAL SECURITY, PASSPORT, STATE ID OR LICENSE.. I GAVE ALL HE ASKED..

FINAL... HE TOLD ME .. YOU PASSED THE CIVIC AND US HISTORY TEST, BUT I NEED TO CONSOLIDATE YOUR FILE, IT USUALLY TAKE 2 TO 3 MONTHS. THEN HE CHECK PART....B) A DECISION CANNOT YET BE MADE ON YOUR APPLICATION...

.BUT HE DID NOT TOLD ME TO SEND ANY DOCUMENT.. HE DID NOT ASKED TO SEND ANYTHING.
:(
WAS FRUSTRATED..IF SOMEBODY KNOWS ANYBODY WHO HAVE BEEN IN THIS KIND OF SITUATION , PLEASE JUST POST IT HERE.. I KNOW THAT I AM EXPECTING FROM THE OFFICER ..AN OATH LETTER WHICH WILL BE THE BEST, ANOTHER INTERVIEW LETTER OR A LETTER ASKING ANY DOCUMENT

You Will Be Fine

No, He Did Not Asked Me To Send Anything, My Case Was Not Really Doble A#, The Officer Just Wanted To Verify Some Personal Questions That He Asked Me During The Interview, I Told Him, Sir You Can Tell Your Time, And When You Have The Chance... Please Let Me Know.. Just Simple Like That..once You Tell Them The True You Have Nothing To Worry About It, Doble A#, It's Some Kind Of Mistake That They Understand That Sometimes Happen, We Are Human, So We Make Mistakes.

What They Usually Do Is To Locate Your File, Onces They Have It, They Will Verified Both Files To Make Sure That Everything Is Fine, Then They Are Going To Eliminate One File,, Just Simple Like Taht... Then You Will Get Your Oath Letter .

Give Them Like A Month Then Call To 1800-375-nnnn Immigration Cervices Center, Explain Your Situation, Give Then Your N400 Recipt Number,400 priority date, Name, Address, Phone Number, they will submit a status INQUIY ABOUT your case and they will mail it immediately to BOSTON DISTRICT OFFICE, And Boston District Office Will Answer You In 3 Weeks.

Don't Worry You Will Be Fine...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot, elmeje, I had been to school in RI, and had been working in Boston area, never been residing in other part of the country, how come they were saying that they need to get my files from Virginia? is Virginia the central office? I am worried because I lost my wallet last year, and had to get a new Green card.

Just Keep In Touch With Them

as You Know Immigration Process Have Been Really Busy From The Last 3 Years, Maybe They Have An Office In Virginia Processing some Type Of Applications, But Like I Said, Let Them To Take Their Time, Once They Verify Everything Is Ok. I'm Completaly Sure You Will Get A Letter Saying That Your Application Was Approved Then A Couples Days Later, You Will Get The Oath Letter, Which Wil Be The Best.

Just Keep The Faith...

GOT INTERVIEW LETTER - Date is April 24TH

ME TOO.

Got the interview letter yesterday (Feb 29,2008). Must be the charm of the leap year.

My PD is July 25th. 2 more months to go!!

My Interview is at 7:30am! I'm not too happy about that - People tend to be grumpy at such early hours, and mine is a fairly complicated case requiring all the latitude I can get.

Got interview letter

I got my interview letter last friday.

My details:
VSC, Boston DO
Priority date - 7/20/2007
Interview letter received -2/29/2008
Interview scheduled -4/16/2008

Could someone please explain about the difference between new test and old test? Can we choose either one? which one is recommended? Also, is there any link for this detail and Q&As? Please let me know. Thank you!

My Interview Experience at Boston DO:

I had my iterview today at Boston DO,my appointment time was 7.30AM. I reached JFK building around 7.10Am and went straight to the infopass room and put my interview letter at Window1. There are already 5 other members waiting in that area. 5 Minutes later one lady called all the names who submitted the interview letter at window1 and took to the Room1 and asked all of us to sit there and told an officer will be called each you for an interview. After 10 minutes IO called my name and took to his office. As soon as we entered his office he asked me to raise my right hand and say I will tell only truth which I did. Then he asked my Passport and Greencard. He then started verifying my file which took him around 5 minutes. Then he started going thru my N-400 application and asked all the questions in that form. Most of them or Yes or No. I got my GC around 26 years of old. So he asked my Selective service registration card which I already had and gave it him, he took a photo copy of that and gave the card back to me. After he finished all the questions in that N-400,He asked me to read and write one English sentence which I did. Later he asked 6 history questions.
1. How many states are in the union.
2. Who is the first president of united states
3. What is name of the ship that brought pilgrims to America.
4. What are 2 main partys in US.
5. What country did we fight during the Revolutionary war
6. What is name of the president’s official home.

I answered all the 6 questions correct. He stopped asking the rest of the questions. After that he said you passed the test and I am going to recommend your application for Approval and asked me to sign in my N-400. After that he asked me to wait outside someone will be with you shortly. Then he gave a shake hand and walked me to the waiting area. After 10 minutes my name called again in the waiting area and the lady asked me to sign my name in the photographs and handed my OATH letter with Oath Date on March 24th .

Can everyone also post passport apply/approval timelines?

For those of you who have completed your oath, would you be able to also post passport application / receipt timelines?

I'm planning a trip soon after my oath and want to get a feel for how long this process will take.

-ML

Application mailed - 7/3/2007
Application received - 7/9/2007
Priority date - 7/9/2007
Check cashed - 7/19/2007
Notice date - 7/27/2007
Notice received - 8/2/2007
Fingerprint appt notice - 8/2/2007
Fingerprint appt date - 8/23/2007
Interview letter received - 2/2/2008
Interview scheduled - 3/29/2008

Yeah, I'm hoping to go on cava in June...Int is 4/24...I figure oath in 2 weeks and then expedite PP in another 2 weeks.

Lets hope all goes well and I don't get DENIED :( due to failure to register for SSS or I choke on the test :D

finger printing in Boston question

hi

what needs to be taken during finger printing in Boston office.

How long it would take to finish finger printing.

Thanks for your input.
S

Support Senator Kennedy in his efforts to bring accountability to USCIS

All Bostonians and of course everyone in general, please send your support letter, email or even phone call to commend Senator Kennedy on his efforts to resolve this citizenship backlog quagmire!

http://kennedy.senate.gov/newsroom/press_release.cfm?id=e6ac4fcb-c344-4b98-9b87-d79d648d8f7d

"The senators are asking for information from the USCIS, specifically annual reports on immigration functions, including the average processing period of applications and detailing the quantity of backlogged applications and petitions, and the Department of Homeland Security’s estimate of the cost of clearing the application backlog by the end of FY 2008." Sen. Kennedy press release, Mar. 20, 2008."

It may be little late but it doesn't hurt to remind him of AOS backlog and include AOS stats in the report he is requesting from USCIS.