Mailed N-400 - 08/05/05 (Friday)
Priority date - 08/08/05 (Monday)
Check cashed - 08/15/05
Receipt notice - 08/22/05
FP notice date - 09/08/05
FP appointment date - 10/11/05
Interview - ?

FP in advance

I am just in the process of sending my N400 application end of the month (sept 2005 end). From posts it seems like it will take ~2 months for FP in Boston. I will be traveling out of the country for a few weeks during that period and am afraid it will conflict with the FP dates (assuming November end). Do you know if they would do finger printing prior to the appointment date in the Boston Office? Anyone with experience please do reply.

Thanks in advance!

I read in one of the posts that someone had a similar problem. He just went to the finger printing location before his departure and explained the situation and asked to get his finger printing done earlier. Maybe you can do the same. Good luck.

please continue to post updates

Hello netuser00

please continue to post updates to your application. I will be applying in the end of October 2005 in Boston and would like to know your timeline.

Thanks
Back

backroady said:
Hello netuser00

please continue to post updates to your application. I will be applying in the end of October 2005 in Boston and would like to know your timeline.

Thanks
Back

I plan to do that.

Folks:

Had the interview today and ended up with the most unexpected result. "Decision cannot be made at this time" as a result of awaiting A-file!

I have seen some posts related to this. Does this ever get resolved? Did anyone before get a favorable decision after this? How do we follow up on this? Can we do anything or just sit and wait?

Boston N-400 Timeline

Hi, Just wanted to let you know about my N-400 Timelines.

Post Date: 06/30/2005
Notice Date: 07/12/2005
Finger Print Done: 08/30/2005
Interview Date: 10/26/2005
Oath Date: ?????

Things are pretty quickly going in Boston as per the above schedule. Look like all together it is taking around 6 months from the start. That seems to be amazing considering the INS offices :)

Yes, things seem to be moving very quickly in Boston
Here is my timeline....

PD : 6/24
FP : 8/27
Interview : 10/24

I have read in some of the postings that we need to take IRS transcripts to the interview but as per the interview notice, the list of docs that need to be taken doesn't say anything about IRS transcripts. Mine is employment based one (filed after completing 5 years on GC).

Gurus, can you share your experience ?

rct01, Can you please give more details about your interview ? Did they give any reason ? Did you pass the civic test ?

Yes, done with everything including civics test etc. Only thing pending is the A file transfer involving petitions in the west coast. I had IRS transcripts but wasn't asked for them.

FP in Boston

Folks, I am seeing a lot more posts to this thread and seems like the time frame has been pretty consistant for all.
I am sending my N400 application Sept end. So I expect to see a FP date sometime end of Nov. I will be traveling. Do any of you know if I can go for FP in advance with the notice date showing another date? If no one had to experience this in Boston, can I have a number that you might have got with the notice? This way I can call the FP office in Boston and check directly on the possibility. If not possible, I will wait to send out my application.

Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks!

Hello RCT01,

I just had my interview today and I am in the same boat. A-File pending. Please keep my posted with any updates on yours and I will keep you posted as well.
I got my GC from Chicago. I think that is why my A-file is pending.

-rs0469

Sorry to hear that. Did they say anything about how long it's going to take, next steps etc.?

They said, they will initiate a search and it may take anywhere between 1 week to 6 months before they will locate it. If after six months they cannot locate it, then they will go with the line that they made a concious effort to locate it but they could not and go with whatever information they have and approve/deny based on that.

Hoepfully they will find it soon. Do you know how we can make them look at the right place. For example, I am wondering I can make them initiate appropriate actions to accomplish the location of the A-File.

What is your situation and what did they say for how long it would take etc? Any updates at your end on this front.

-rs0469

I think the files must be obtained from National Record Center in Missouri. When I asked if I should follow up with someone or some agency, they said that they will take care of it. The officer wan't clear at all in terms of the timelines for getting the file.

netuser00 said:
Boston, MA
Mailed N-400 - 08/05/05 (Friday)
Priority date - 08/08/05 (Monday)
Check cashed - 08/15/05
Receipt notice - 08/22/05
FP notice date - 09/08/05
FP appointment date - 10/11/05
Interview - ?

Just went for my FP yesterday. It was non-eventful. The whole thing took about 1 1/2 to 2 hours - most of the time was for waiting.

Oath frequency in Boston

What is the frequency of oath ceremonies in Boston. A 2.5 month wait seems quiet long I think. Is an oath ceremony held once per quarter or once every 6 months? Anyone know?

Thanks