Boston DOL Region- - I tracker Part II

pikachu pokemon

Registered Users (C)
The old tracker > 500 messages.. Takes too much time to open.. How about a new tracker ? Part II ?

I\'ll kick it off with an attachment. Flames welcome.

No Title

Pikachu-can you please go through the last message in the 500+ discussion group and comment ?

Reply to the last two messages..

... read elsewhere, where you had said that if the business can demonstrate a reasonable business need then the application will fly.
I havn\'t heard of any such thing.. As far as I know, every business demonstrates a reasonable business requirement. However, there are certain special catgories for quicker processing if you belong to the academia..

(#503 of 503)
Could anyone make sure that DOL cannot certify applications from companies that have layed off or downsized... It is too bad!!!

You will probably get a NOF from the DOL.. Last we checked, numerous LC\'s were approved for EMC that had a NOF issued to them.. So, if your company can demonstrate that the laid off people could not do your job, then you should be fine..

Heard ....

..that DOL is taking some time to scrutinize the applications after the recent events. I feel the delay is justified if the reason mentioned above is true.

Did you see any approvals

after sept second week (including the special category apps)? If there are special category application approvals, then I agree with you. Its outright discrimination.

Its not progress.

They have been processing apps with RD feb 1st week forever. Progress is when they move on and not stay there.

Status Update.

Hi All,

After a long time , I was able to talk with somebody from Boston DOL. Thanks God. So here is the status of my case. Got DOL case no and DOT code also. The lady was so nice that I could not believe that I am talking with sombody from BOSTON DOL.

Received Regional office on March 21 2001. Expected to hear something within next month.

Thanks!

Is this possible?? Boston DOL.... Please help

I was trying to get my husbands Case status# from Boston DOL(His husbands office wouldnt give it to him) and the lady at Boston DOL told me that she couldnt locate the Case Status based on his first name and last name. The companys immigration attorney tells my husband that his case was forwarded on Feb 22nd. This is under EB2/Regular. They wouldnt give out any other information such as the SESA status number and so on. Could it be possible that BOSTON DOL might have made a mistake with trying to locate the case. Can someone help us here, Please???
  Thanks,
  Rama.

raset

Your husband\'s company should give him the case number. How else would they justify that his LC was filed?

I know the nice lady you talked with - unfortuantely, she told me the same thing 4 weeks ago and not

Boston DOL is still processing 02/01/2001, as they said they were working on that 8 months ago. Can you believe that?!

RI SESA

Anybody know how long it usually takes RI SESA to forward a non-RIR case to Boston? Thanks.

No Title

The company is under no obligation to give out case nos. I was fortunate in that I had the ETA case # (one of the filing documents was unknowingly forwarded to me). Based on this the DOL provided me with their case number when I called them. Since the labor certification is something that the company files for it stands relieved of any obligations to the sponsor regarding the same

This is outrageous!!!

Applications with minimum wages got approved way ahead of us high tech applications. Unbelievable!!!

Case # : 01306699
DOT Code : 782.684-058
DOT Description : Sewer, Hand
No. of Openings : 1
Wage / Base : $7.50 Hourly
Received Regional Office: 02/01/2001
Current Status : Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 09/04/2001.

Case # : 01306700
DOT Code : 030.162-014
DOT Description : Programmer Analyst
No. of Openings : 1
Wage / Base : $82846.00 Annually
Received Regional Office: 02/01/2001
Current Status : Received Regional Office On 02/01/2001.

pikachu

pikachu,

what is the average for number of cases cleared for the last month or so?
even if i assume 15 per day as average, it would take 40 working days
for DOL to clear all of feb\'s 600 cases..any expert opinion on this?

New Processing Times out..

@ immigration.com..

Boston DOL :
Oct. 10, 2001
RIR : 2/5/2001
Non-RIR : 1/2001

On 8/21 they had posted a time of 1/4 (RIR) and on 10/10 its 2/5..