Birth Certificate Unavailable / Affidavit for I-485

Substitutes for Birth Certificates.

Hello guys:

I have a birth certificate with the following:
1. Its in my native Language (Marathi).
2. Does not have my name on it, but has my Father's name and date.

Meanwhile I also have a "Certificate of Age and Domicile" issued by the sate of Maharashtra which give my place and date of birth.

Q1 - Can I use Age/Domicile certificate instead of Birth Certificate ?
Q2 - If not ... I will have to translate my Birth Cert from Marathi to English - Can you suggest a reliable translator who can do it for me ?
Q3 - I am planning to get an affidavit from my parents - what are the important things that I should be careful of when preparing this affidavit ?

Thanks,

msd_gc said:
Hello guys:

I have a birth certificate with the following:
1. Its in my native Language (Marathi).
2. Does not have my name on it, but has my Father's name and date.

Meanwhile I also have a "Certificate of Age and Domicile" issued by the sate of Maharashtra which give my place and date of birth.

Q1 - Can I use Age/Domicile certificate instead of Birth Certificate ?
Q2 - If not ... I will have to translate my Birth Cert from Marathi to English - Can you suggest a reliable translator who can do it for me ?
Q3 - I am planning to get an affidavit from my parents - what are the important things that I should be careful of when preparing this affidavit ?

Thanks,

Somebody Please Answer ...

msd_gc said:
Somebody Please Answer ...

Certificate of age and domicile is NOT a birth certificate. You will need the official birth certificate issued by the birth registering authority.

Any notary in your hometown can do the translation.

If your birth certificate does not have your name on it you will need separate affidavits from both parents. The affidavits should specify your date and place of birth and their relationship to you (father, mother, etc.) and should be notarized.

I got my non availability of birth certificate from local municipal authorities of my birth city in India through www.yourmaninindia.com
It takes around 2 months to get it done.

waitin_toolong said:
u will go to the municipality of ur birth city, where u would have registered ur birth in normal case, and get the non-availability certificate from there.

www.yourmaninindia.com is a website that claims to do that for some fee. I have not used it neither do i know anyone who has, but have seen it cited on these forums.

but if ur parents live in or close to ur city of birth then it just involves 1-2 visits to the tehsil/municipality office.

bc does not have my name

I have BC, but it does not have my name anywhere. It has parents names, date of the birth.

As we all know, in India , we do not decide names at the birth time.

Will I get any rfe on this, or do you want me to submit any affidavits.

Question for Parent Name in Birth Certificate

Hi,

can someone please help me in this question, I got RFE for my wife and they need birth certificate with both father/mother name . We have original birth certificate with Father name only so what should be do ? Should we submit affidavit from mother & father side including both the name ?

birth certificate NOT in English

My birth certificate is not in English. It is in our regional language.
How do I get it translated here in the US ? Does it need to be notarized ?

Please advice.

Birth Certificate Issue

Hi. Me & my spouse submitted birth certificate from the local municipality where we were born. But now we got a query to submit hospital records with the child name and parents name. Also they asked us to submit medical records of the child with parents name. We do not have medical records in India. So how do I go about the process. They have asked me for school records for which i am submitting and also 2 affidavits of my relatives proving our birth. Kindly advise how to answer for the first 2 queries of birth records from hopital and medical records.

hi 485issue,
Did your birth certificate mention BOTH the fathers and mothers name ?

485issue said:
Hi. Me & my spouse submitted birth certificate from the local municipality where we were born. But now we got a query to submit hospital records with the child name and parents name. Also they asked us to submit medical records of the child with parents name. We do not have medical records in India. So how do I go about the process. They have asked me for school records for which i am submitting and also 2 affidavits of my relatives proving our birth. Kindly advise how to answer for the first 2 queries of birth records from hopital and medical records.

Birth certificate Issue

Hi green card.Yes the municipality birth certificate did mention both the parents name. But it was registered in 2004. Now they want a very old proof mentioning both parents name. Is there a way to acquire in India old medical records or how do i present medical records?

Request for evidence - Birth Certificate

I also got the rfp for same issue. It says "Since the birth certificate you have submitted was not executed at the time the event allegedly occurred the evidence has insufficient reliability and weight, alone. Therefore, you must supply the additional documentary evidence noted below."

I dont have hospital birth certificate or medical record. School records has name of father only not mother so what other documents can we submit. Affidavit is an option but can we submit affidavit from parents or it must be from a relative. rfe says
"You may also submit two written statements, sworn to or affirmed by at least two persons who were living at the time and who have personal knowledge of the events you are trying to prove, for example, the date and place of your birth. The persons making the statements (affidavits) may be your relatives and need not be citizens of the United States. However, affidavits written by you are not acceptable. Each affidavit should contain the following information regarding the persons making the affidavit; his/her full name and address; his/her date and place of birth; his/her relationship to you, of any; full information concerning the event; and complete details concerning how he/she acquired knowledge of the event. These affidavits should address the facts concerning your date of birth, place of birth, names of your biological mother and father."

Please reply what exactly should we send.

We had the exact same RFE.
This is what we submitted(Note I did it myself no lawyer)
1) Birth Certificates executed at later dates.
2) Affidavit of support (copy for my case and original for my wife) I submitted copy for my case because they did not ask me in the rfe.
Affidavit one by my mom and one by maternal uncle. Same for souse.
3)All school certificates(copies) each and every documetn which had my date of birth. Most of them did not have any parents names. Some had father name. (I am talking about docs like for ex in Third standard I changed a school and they gave some kind of certificate which had the date of birth. I put even documetns like that.)
4)Drivers license(My home country's)

Bottom line. Both parents name was in Birth certificate(executed at later date) and affidavit of support.

Wrote a cover letter and put the documetns in the order I put.

I got approval in about a week or 10 days after I sent.

B/C does not have my son's name...need advice

My son is sponsoring me for my Green Card. We submitted my son's BC from the embassy in NY and also the 2 affidavit's. Got a reply from immigration that this is not enough and they still need my son's BC. We have the certificates from India, but they do not have my son's name anywhere. We are trying to get the BC or non-availability certificate from India through our relatives.

Can anyone provide some direction in this matter? Thanks.

Can any provide a sample birth certificate affidivit for someone not having their name on the birth certificate. That would be very helpful to a lot of people in this forum. Thanks a lot!

BC question - Any help will be highly appreciated

All,

I got an RFE, asking to get the BC or non avail from the municiplaity.
Here is the scenario-

My name before marriage was - xxx ( First Name) and NO surname.
I got married to yyy ( First Name) zzz ( Last Name)

Now if i go to municipality to get the BC -

what should be the name on the BC.

1. Will it be xxx ?
2. Will it be xxx.zzz ( First and last name )

Pls help as i have only be given 2 weeks.

Thanks
abc

Birth certificate?

We are about to file 485. My husband (primary) doesn't have a birth certificate. There was some mistake in the dob he is using on his education certificates and passport. The municipality is refusing to give the birth certficate using the passport one. Anybody has this kind of experiece. Please share your experiece and thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Please HELP

I have a the following questions

a) For me I have a birth certificate from the Nursing Home where it has my Dad/mom name and my data of birth saying a male child was born. In the bottom in small font it says birth should be registered at corporation office.

My question is will INS will accept this certificate from Nursing home?
I am planning to give one affidavid from Dad and another from my Mom saying that time the name was not given.

b) For my wife she does not even have that kind of birth certificate. In her case I plan to have 2 affifdavits from her parents or relative. Now question is there any thing called not avilable certificate. Is that required? Who can give that kind of letter?

ADVANCE THANKS TO ALL WHO CAN ANSWER ME.

Can anyone confirm if the affidivit of birth needs to be executed on a Rs 10/- stamp paper? I asked my parents to execute an affidivit since my name was missing from the birth certificate. The notory officer told them that if the affidivit is to be submitted in the USA, then it should be on a Rs 150/- stamp paper, otherwise it may not be valid there.

I'm wondering if the notory dude is just trying to make a quick buck, or if he is actually right?

Thanks a lot,
Amit

My Birth certificate is in Hindi !!

All,

I have my BC made in Hindi language. Do you guys know if it would be accepted here ? If not then is there a way to translate it to English. I would appreciate if someone can help me with some information on this.

Thank you !!

atyagi73 said:
All,

I have my BC made in Hindi language. Do you guys know if it would be accepted here ? If not then is there a way to translate it to English. I would appreciate if someone can help me with some information on this.

Thank you !!
Of course, it is acceptable. I translated my family registry record (something like bc) by myself, signed the paper, and had it notarized. The CIS didn't complain that it was me who translated it. HOWEVER, I suggest you look for someone who knows your language. Translation service could cost a lot, and considering how easy it is to translate something like bc, I would recommend you just ask someone who knows your language to do the translation OR you do the translation and someone else sign the translation.

I don't believe notarization is required for translation by the CIS, but my lawyer suggested it to me because I was doing the translation by myself.