biometrics appointment

Juanita Hewitt

After many months of waiting, I finally received a date for my biometrics appointment. I work at a school in Macon, Georgia, and today the principal told me that my request to honor that appointment has been denied. In other words, I may not use my personal days. Therefore, according to the superintendent of the district, I have to reschedule. The last ten days of school are our black out dates but I cannot understand why getting a day off for this important occurrence rates so poorly on their scale. Working at an inner city school is no joke and after almost ten years of service I cannot even get a day off to take care of official business? This doesn't sound right. Do you agree? It clearly states in bold that rescheduling will delay the application process. What would be my next step?

Thanks for the reply but a walk-in will also require me to take time off.

Since it seems like your bio appointment falls within the last 10 days of school which are your black out days, I was suggesting you go for a walk in before those blackout dates. Plus don't you guys get sick time off?