1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

B1/B2 Denied and Now ESTA Denied. Any advice?

Discussion in 'General B Visa and Related Issues' started by hibharai, Mar 28, 2011.

1. hibharai

hibharai New Member

Hi,

I have been refused a USA B1/B2 visa on 5 previous occasion, under INA section 214(b). Once in my birth country and 4 times in London when I was other country citizen.(19-Aug-2009, 11-Sep-2009,14-Sep-2009, 02Mar2010(India), 03-Sep-2010)

I am now a citizen of a country participating in the VWP- UK. I have researched alot about ESTA and how it works. I previously enquired about my qualification to travel to the US under VWP. I was informed that my ESTA application MIGHT be approved. I contacted the US embassy in London and I was informed to submit the ESTA application. I have submitted my ESTA application, had authorisation pending, then travel not authorised message on next day(22Mar2011). Now I was directed to apply for non immigrant visa by US embassy London.

On the US embassy in London website, this link actually says that u can travel under the VWP if u have been previously denied a visa under section 214(b). but will be subjected to additional questioning at the US port of entry.

My details as per below,
    -In UK since Dec2005
    -British Citizen since March2011
    -Permenant employee
    -Staying as a private tenant with spouse and child at HA0 4AF since Dec2009
    -33yrs old

PLEASE ADVICE ME.

Thanks,

Regards,
    Manish Bharai
  2. BigJoe5

BigJoe5 Registered Users (C)

You have a a strong history of trying to get to the U.S. You have already broken ties with your home country and naturalized in the UK. It seems that within days of becoming a UK citizen, you are still trying to get to the U.S. It is likely that you will be denied again.
  3. Triple Citizen

Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

Anyone, even US citizens, can be questioned at the POE. You might be sent to secondary, and in the worse case, denied entry. On the other hand, you might breeze through.

4. Concerned4us

Concerned4us Banned

Even VWP citizens may need to apply for B1/B2.