B1/B2 Denied and Now ESTA Denied. Any advice?

hibharai

Hi,

I have been refused a USA B1/B2 visa on 5 previous occasion, under INA section 214(b). Once in my birth country and 4 times in London when I was other country citizen.(19-Aug-2009, 11-Sep-2009,14-Sep-2009, 02Mar2010(India), 03-Sep-2010)

I am now a citizen of a country participating in the VWP- UK. I have researched alot about ESTA and how it works. I previously enquired about my qualification to travel to the US under VWP. I was informed that my ESTA application MIGHT be approved. I contacted the US embassy in London and I was informed to submit the ESTA application. I have submitted my ESTA application, had authorisation pending, then travel not authorised message on next day(22Mar2011). Now I was directed to apply for non immigrant visa by US embassy London.

On the US embassy in London website, this link actually says that u can travel under the VWP if u have been previously denied a visa under section 214(b). but will be subjected to additional questioning at the US port of entry.

My details as per below,
-In UK since Dec2005
-British Citizen since March2011
-Permenant employee
-Staying as a private tenant with spouse and child at HA0 4AF since Dec2009
-33yrs old

PLEASE ADVICE ME.

Thanks,

Regards,
Manish Bharai

Hi,

I have been refused a USA B1/B2 visa on 5 previous occasion, under INA section 214(b). Once in my birth country and 4 times in London when I was other country citizen.(19-Aug-2009, 11-Sep-2009,14-Sep-2009, 02Mar2010(India), 03-Sep-2010)

I am now a citizen of a country participating in the VWP- UK. I have researched alot about ESTA and how it works. I previously enquired about my qualification to travel to the US under VWP. I was informed that my ESTA application MIGHT be approved. I contacted the US embassy in London and I was informed to submit the ESTA application. I have submitted my ESTA application, had authorisation pending, then travel not authorised message on next day(22Mar2011). Now I was directed to apply for non immigrant visa by US embassy London.

On the US embassy in London website, this link actually says that u can travel under the VWP if u have been previously denied a visa under section 214(b). but will be subjected to additional questioning at the US port of entry.

My details as per below,
-In UK since Dec2005
-British Citizen since March2011
-Permenant employee
-Staying as a private tenant with spouse and child at HA0 4AF since Dec2009
-33yrs old

PLEASE ADVICE ME.

Thanks,

Regards,
Manish Bharai

You have a a strong history of trying to get to the U.S. You have already broken ties with your home country and naturalized in the UK. It seems that within days of becoming a UK citizen, you are still trying to get to the U.S. It is likely that you will be denied again.