• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

August visa bulletin the final.

Simon ;
What about IF EU between 36300 and 40125 has a very low density ?!
I mean why would KFC slow down in june and july in EU and suddenly they throw 4k jump for august !
Maybe that can explain it !
So perhaps the quota for EU has grown a bit and they will use Nacara's visas for EU.
Because those extra 1xxx extra visas over 50k allocated for DV is still puzzling me.
Seems to high to be new borns and new weddings...
So may be each year they rellocate about 1k something for a region?
And the other regions will still get the same quotas that the bloody ''general attorney'' has already scheduled...
Its just a thought BTW

Yes, it is the liability date I am interested about, taxes wise, as I need to understand what this implies exactly. I have a general idea, but now that I know I would be a resident right away I can better research the matter. Thank you SusieQQQ so much.

Yeah there's a lot on the IRS website on this but some involves digging. For your first year, you can file dually as a non-resident for the part of the year before you get your GC and a resident thereafter. They actually suggest you get a tax consultant to help you with this.

So for example we entered last year, we were liable to file with the IRS in April this year for 2013.

Simon ;
I mean why would KFC slow down in june and july in EU and suddenly they throw 4k jump for august !
So perhaps the quota for EU has grown a bit and they will use Nacara's visas for EU.
Because those extra 1xxx extra visas over 50k allocated for DV is still puzzling me.
And the other regions will still get the same quotas that the bloody ''general attorney'' has already scheduled...
Its just a thought BTW
05/2014 - 06/2014: EU +2,250
06/2014 - 07/2014: EU +3,350
07/2014 - 08/2014: EU +3,850 ...

Simon ;
Its just a thought BTW

The density of selectees would change because of limited countries (those that were artificially limited during the drawing process) - agreed? Do you know of any other reason why density would change? I don't.

Once all limited countries have reached their limits the density should remain the same through to the end of the numbers - right? So - the only EU limited countries are Uzbekistan and Ukraine - once they are maxed, the density should then be constant, I would have thought. No?

Hi everybody I have question.
I have interview next mount (CN EU360xx) In my own country. I m the one been selected and with I m married after approve can I come alone to USA and after a week my wife will come as well. is it work in that way or we should come together???

Hi everybody I have question.
I have interview next mount (CN EU360xx) In my own country. I m the one been selected and with I m married after approve can I come alone to USA and after a week my wife will come as well. is it work in that way or we should come together???

Yes - you must both attend the interview together. Once you both have your visas approved you (as the principal selectee) can enter before her or with her. She could NOT enter without you being there first.

Right. The first thought on this is that while thinking about making the first entry at the end of the year (like Dec for example) I now would definitely postpone to the new year so I can gain another year as deadline to file taxes (eg. if I enter Dec 2014 need to file taxes Apr 2015, but if I enter Jan 2015 then have to file taxes not earlier than Apr 2016, so for a few days it is not worth it, I have more time to get info about it). The other thought (the main one) is that starting from the date I enter first any financial move I would make in my home country (like selling property for example) would impact the US taxes. So I would think I better do what I am supposed to do before entering (tough probably not in the position to get everything in order before). IRS site is my first source of info, but as you say, an accountant is most likely necessary.

Yeah, it's a bit painful. Generally you should be able to offset the taxes with tax treaties etc, there is also an exemption for a certain amount of foreign income. The main issue would be things like capital gains or dividend taxes that may be taxed at significantly different rates than the US. (Or if you have a country like mine that "punishes" you for emigrating.) This is one of those things that I'd rather pay a consultant and get it done properly than try wade through all the IRS requirements.

What was that song? killing me softly? yes, this wait is the new version, we can call it killing me slowly dear bulletin... :p
not to insist...but was thinking that the same group author of killing me softly also sang "ready or not"...just saying... ready or not, dear bulletin....I am gonna find you...lalalal...:rolleyes:

Hi simon & valdi , I have called KCC today to check about the cut off for Africa and they have said the city off for Egypt is 32.250 while it was 30.900 in July , the expectation for it was to be current ? What would be the situation in sep. Now will it reach 36xxx or there is no chance ?

Hi simon & valdi , I have called KCC today to check about the cut off for Africa and they have said the city off for Egypt is 32.250 while it was 30.900 in July , the expectation for it was to be current ? What would be the situation in sep. Now will it reach 36xxx or there is no chance ?

I don't think we expected Egypt to be current. Vladdy may have a different view, but here is mine.

Egypt will probably not hit the 7% limit. Given that, there is no need to keep the country limit in place in the last month. So - I would expect the country limit to be lifted - but it is all just guesswork. THe only thing you can do is wait...

Good luck.

I don't think we expected Egypt to be current. Vladdy may have a different view, but here is mine.

Egypt will probably not hit the 7% limit. Given that, there is no need to keep the country limit in place in the last month. So - I would expect the country limit to be lifted - but it is all just guesswork. THe only thing you can do is wait...

Good luck.

Hi simon, I wish what u say comes to be true during the next VB , cross fingers for that , although just wondering why they are keeping the limit on it until such time ?

Hi simon, I wish what u say comes to be true during the next VB , cross fingers for that , although just wondering why they are keeping the limit on it until such time ?

Somwtimes they limit a country to make sure that country doesn't hold back the region. I think that is the case here...

The density of selectees would change because of limited countries (those that were artificially limited during the drawing process) - agreed? Do you know of any other reason why density would change? I don't.

Once all limited countries have reached their limits the density should remain the same through to the end of the numbers - right? So - the only EU limited countries are Uzbekistan and Ukraine - once they are maxed, the density should then be constant, I would have thought. No?
Special the country in distribution do not play a role. German tank would not start.:p I have identified six points of the decline. 1 column - CN, 2 column - issued visas. It is without Ukraine and Uzbekistan.

0524f785e3699af3703675a7a2921980.jpg