• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

August visa bulletin the final.

Yep Vladdy has answered accurately - they won't tell you much about your paperwork on the phone - however, as Vladdy said - those issues are explainable and not generally disqualifying. RELAX!
Thank you @Britsimon.
And if, because just now I took my magnifying glass :confused:, if the DS-230 and/or DSP-122 may be expired in the time I have sent them? They have an expire date on the top right corner. As far as I remember , I did find those files link on http://www.dvselectee.state.gov but to be honest I'm not sure.

Hi everyone.
Hi my vlady
CAN You translate to me please:
"BTW"
Thank You :)
Nb: I am also surprised the vb is not on line. I hope numbers are right!!

Thank you @Britsimon.
And if, because just now I took my magnifying glass :confused:, if the DS-230 and/or DSP-122 may be expired in the time I have sent them? They have an expire date on the top right corner. As far as I remember , I did find those files link on http://www.dvselectee.state.gov but to be honest I'm not sure.
I had the same issue last year, at the very beginning after the results were posted the forms available online were expired. I filed on the expired forms then realized after I sent them. I called KCC and they told me to disregard the expiration date. So, no worries about that.

I have a question for you guys: the first time you enter US with the temporary visa the embassy/consulate puts you after the DV interview (the stamp valid for entry/exit for 12 mths), you enter the States right away as resident right? Meaning from that date you have to file taxes as resident, is that correct? PS I also wonder where the bulletin is...

I have a question for you guys: the first time you enter US with the temporary visa the embassy/consulate puts you after the DV interview (the stamp valid for entry/exit for 12 mths), you enter the States right away as resident right? Meaning from that date you have to file taxes as resident, is that correct? PS I also wonder where the bulletin is...

Correct, when you enter for the first time you become an LPR. You need to enter for the first time within 6 months or sooner as shown on the visa. Once you have entered and activated that status your visa will last for up to 12 months (but will be replaced by the actual Green Card.

Correct, when you enter for the first time you become an LPR. You need to enter for the first time within 6 months or sooner as shown on the visa. Once you have entered and activated that status your visa will last for up to 12 months (but will be replaced by the actual Green Card.
Thank you so much Britsimon, always very helpful. The first entry will only last about a couple of weeks, then back to US a few months later for good. Do you happen to know if it is possible to enter the second time with the temporary 12 months visa applied on an expired/cancelled passport and yet without the green card in my hands? I am in between opting for asking for a new passport already (before the interview, if I ever have one!) or changing/renewing passport between the first and second entry. What would you suggest I do? Thanks again.

Thank you so much Britsimon, always very helpful. The first entry will only last about a couple of weeks, then back to US a few months later for good. Do you happen to know if it is possible to enter the second time with the temporary 12 months visa applied on an expired/cancelled passport and yet without the green card in my hands? I am in between opting for asking for a new passport already (before the interview, if I ever have one!) or changing/renewing passport between the first and second entry. What would you suggest I do? Thanks again.

Yes you can use the visa when you re-enter. Regarding the new passport - just make sure you carry the old and new passport - the visa in the old passport will not have expired even though the passport has expired. Later, when you have the GC, that will be a non issue.

As I understand it, it is not technically that your visa lasts for 12 months, but that it converts to a temporary green card for 12 months. It makes no practical difference for travelling, but it is a practical difference for if you need proof of residence for anything.

As to above yes it is fine, as long as you have the old passport with the visa. The validity of the visa is not dependent on the validity of the passport. And anyway by your second entry as I described above it is no longer a visa but a temporary green card.

Also re taxes, yes your entry date marks the date you are liable to start filing, but the first actual filing will be the following calendar year.

As I understand it, it is not technically that your visa lasts for 12 months, but that it converts to a temporary green card for 12 months. It makes no practical difference for travelling, but it is a practical difference for if you need proof of residence for anything.

As to above yes it is fine, as long as you have the old passport with the visa. The validity of the visa is not dependent on the validity of the passport. And anyway by your second entry as I described above it is no longer a visa but a temporary green card.

Also re taxes, yes your entry date marks the date you are liable to start filing, but the first actual filing will be the following calendar year.

Ahh yes - good points.

Yes, it is the liability date I am interested about, taxes wise, as I need to understand what this implies exactly. I have a general idea, but now that I know I would be a resident right away I can better research the matter. Thank you SusieQQQ so much.

Yes you can use the visa when you re-enter. Regarding the new passport - just make sure you carry the old and new passport - the visa in the old passport will not have expired even though the passport has expired. Later, when you have the GC, that will be a non issue.
Thank you!