August-October DOE Card Tracker

I had the same deal.. After waiting outside at JFK, I got called in and asked to sign and fingerprint.. Then my passport was handed back with the stamp already on it. The officer could have made a copy of it if he wanted to.

Personally, I doubt that they do such a thing. It just seems to be so redundant but this IS the government that we are dealing with here and I wouldn't put it past them.

btw, did you fax/send a copy of your GC stamp to TSC again?. what was the reason for which your card got delayed?.

Thanks.

Actually, the GC stamping was done in the same room where we were setting and I didn't see them taking a copy of the GC stamp page.

Me and wifey got the welcome notices and the wifey got the card... DOE 9/14

I did call the TSC yesterday and from my A# they told me that the cards were mailed out on the 30th from TX ..

congrats moulin !

I haven't recvd card yet.

My POE at SFO on AUg 29
Interview dt : Aug 22.

I am sure that they did not take any copy of my passport at POE.
Is anyone from SFO/LA with same dates still waiting? I will call TX tomorrrow.

My POE is San Francisco, CA

I arrived at SFO too.... DOE is Sep 15,02.....

Please let me know the result when you call TX.... Thanks...

GC Quick

Congratulations on receiving your cards. My POE was SFO as well.
How soon did u receive your SSN card (without that INS authorization text)

When I went to the SSN office, she had no problem entering my wifes (she did not have a SSN before) info but the lady at the counter said that for me, the system complained. She mentioned that it was common and so she took a copy of my stamp in the passport and said it would probably pass the system after a couple of days or something and that mine would probably take 3 to 4 weeks.

Can you please share your experience.

Thanks

Sorry but I haven't gone to SSN just yet..... I will do that soon and will let you know what they say......

:cool:

please help

DS230 Part-I what should i do

the document-checklist lists down DS-230 as one of the required docs.

that is where iam getting confused. If my attorney / myself don't have a photo-copy, should i just download new-DS 230 forms and re-fill it with the same information as i did for PACKET-3

If you see "Ranen" posting in this http://boards.immigrationportal.com...?threadid=61511 thread, he says
-------
I think that was exactly happened to one of the member of this board. While appearing for interview he was asked for the copy of DS-230-I and as far as I know he was carrying one copy, send submitted that duly signed in...
------

what should do in this situation. Does the consulate specifically ask for the photo-copy

Documentaion checklist
----------------------

1. Appointment Letter and Visa Pictures (3. 2 with your signature
across. ).
2. DS 230 Part I & II.
3. Marriage Certificate Original and 2 Copies (TWO! A couple had
some minor problems for not getting 2 copies).
4. Birth Certificate (Original and Copy).
5. Job Offer/Verfication letter original. Attach Affidavit for
support.
6. I-134 for spouse.
7. Earning Statement/Pay Stubs.
8. Bank Statements.
9. 2001 Year Income Tax Copy and W-2 statement(s).
10. Police Certificate.
11. Medical Report

SSN CARD

Is it mandatory to apply for the post GC SSN card at your home town or could you apply for it anywhere in the US??

Received Card too.. Whew !!!

DOE 9/14
Welcome letters : Oct 3
Wife Card : Oct 3 (postmarked Oct 1)
My card : Oct 12 (postmarked Oct 1 too !!!)

Anyway, one week of tensions come to a sweet end.

POE Los Angeles

Happy to share this with you all:

POE: Los Angeles
DOE: 17 Sept' 02
Welcome Letter: 7 Oct' 02
Plastic Card: 13 Oct' 02

LA is not too bad at all for making it as a POE for CPers. ;)

brb, im9999, svj, moulin/others..pls help

brb, im9999, svj, moulin/others..pls help

My interview is scheduled on 19th of Nov-2002.

1) I am planning to come back on 23rd Nov and my wife is planning to come in Dec. Can the beneficiary and spouse travel in different dates?

2) I'm also planning to go back late in Dec to attend an important function of my parents'( around dec 17).

3) The question is, if i don't get my plastic card in the mean time can I travel outside US? Please help!!

Tell the consulate about your travel plans so that they issue you two packets with your spouse's having a stamp saying 'Valid only if accompanying or following to join spouse' rather than 'valid if accompanying'..

The stamp has the same legal value as the card. You can travel freely with it. When you re-enter, some airports (Dulles in particular) may require you to go for a secondary inspection where they will verify some details and let you through.

thanks Moulin

1) should i tell the consulate well in advance about my travel-plans ,
or is it okay to tell that during the interview on Nov 19th.

2) if i travel with the 'temp-perm card' , should i carry any additional documents as a proof, if yes , what documents ?

Moulin, Thanks in advance

Re: thanks Moulin

1) should i tell the consulate well in advance about my travel-plans , or is it okay to tell that during the interview on Nov 19th.

During the interview should be fine..

2) if i travel with the 'temp-perm card' , should i carry any additional documents as a proof, if yes , what documents ?

No documents are needed. You are already a PR.