August-October DOE Card Tracker

brb2

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

Please use this thread to enter your Date of Entry (DOE) and Port of Entry (POE) to track the receipt of green cards.

Story so far from the August tracker:
Jk8
Interview: 24 July (Mumbai)
POE: Washington
DOE: 3 August
Card: Received 18 August (15 days)

Go_on
Interview:
POE: Detroit
DOE: 9 August
Card: Waiting

ssuresh
Interview: 24 July (Chennai)
POE: Detroit
DOE: 11 August

GC7-11
Interview: 7 August (Mumbai)
POE: Boston
DOE: 15 August

Brb
Interview: 29 July (Sydney)
POE: Los Angeles
DOE: 18th August

AAKumar
GC7-11
Interview: 7 July (Mumbai)
POE: Boston
DOE: 21 August

im9999
Interview: 23 July (New Delhi)
POE: Newark
DOE: 24 August

Last edited by a moderator:
Update from go_on

Received following on 26th August (11th working day from POE).

Plastic card for wife
1 welcome letter for : wife
2 welcome letters for: self
2 welcome letters for: kid

Update as on 27th August:

Got Plastic for Self and Kid.

Now Green Card process is over.... and
Best of luck to all of you ...

congrats go_on !!!

That was really fast .... urs and kids will be coming shortly ...
will talk to u later ...

Card received

DOE, POE: August 12, JFK
Welcome letter received: August 26th
Card Received: August 27th

Green Card process is over -

Update as on 27th August:

Got Plastic for Self and Kid.

Now Green Card process is over.... and
Best of luck to all of you ...

congratulations go_on.
Looks like the waiting time for physical card is around 2 weeks now! Compare this with around 10 months through INS service centers after passport stamping through AOS.
Looks like the CP process is really worth the extra cost.

Thanks im9999 and brb2

I agree with you brb2. Now if I look back 7-8 months back when I was undecided between AOS and CP, NOw I can say for sure CP IS THE WAY TO GO FOR GC.
My friends who got their GC thru AOS process in DEC 2001, are still waiting for plastic card.

Update

POE Boston - 15th August
Card Received (Me and My wife) - August 27th
4 Welcome Letters (Me) - August 28th
4 Welcome Letters (Wife) - August 28th

Good Luck to All.

I had a rather out of the ordinary experience in trying to obtain an unrestricted SS card. Having entered the US as a PR 10 days ago, I went to the local SS office to return my work restricted SS card, in exchange for a new one. I took my passport and driving license as proof. The lady entered my A number, but no record came up. She said the INS has not entered the information. So I said will it help if I brought my green card in a week's time ( which I am hopeful of receiving). She said it would still not help unlesss INS enters the information about me in the common database. Later it transpired that she worked as a secretary in the same place that I work now, so she agreed to help out and said I need not come again. She will put a permanent "query" to INS and get the information from them and do the needful for me. An I-551 stamp or form/card is not enough. INS needs to enter the data into the system.

Have any of you guys who entered recently faced this problem? Please write post information about your card along with the information on receipt of green card.
brb

Do any one have the NUMBER....

Do anyone have the number to be called if you card has not arrived. I know that it was in previous Immigrationportal.com, i am not able to find it now even if i use search....
If someone nows it please post it......

my details :

Interview: 22 Aug (Chennai)
POE: San Francisco
DOE: 29 August

Have a question for u folks, I asked the immigration officer about a possible change of address. He said that I should try not to change address and if i do i have to notify the ins office. Is there any known impact of this in receiving the card ?

As per the new law address change MUST be filed within 2 weeks. You can download the AR11 form and send it by certified mail with acknowledgement. They have a backlog of several months to enter the data. So in all probablity your card will go to the one entered in your cover sheet. In my case the address on the cover sheet had an error. I changed that at the POE and the officer entered the correct address in the computer system.
brb

thanks brb. You said that the card might go to the address entered in the cover sheet

In that case if I have moved, will the post office forward to my new address ? or will it go back to INS and I have to wait until they have entered my new address in their system ?

From what I have read on this forum, the green cards are sent by a "return service requested". Which means if the address is wrong then it will go back to INS, who agree to pay the return postage in such a case. My suggestion is that you should immediately file a mail forward from your old place to your new one. You will need to show proof of old address and new one to the post office.

thanks brb ! so if i file a mail forward request within a day of my moving,

will the post office forward the mail to my new address inspite of "return service requested" on the ins letters ? if they do then i am set.

Received Card for my spouse...

We had a change of address. I filled change of address to INS before going to CP at chennai.
My wife received her card on August 31st, no welcome letter.
Me and my kid are yet to receive.
The letter from Consulate(after CP) was carrying old address, i changed it to New address at POE.

Please add my info

Hi everyone! It's so nice to see the familiar names here! Congratulations to you all! Please add my info to the list as well.

Interview: August 20 (Tokyo)
POE: Minneapolis
DOE: September 1

The interview and the custom at POE went incredibly smoothly. I wish the rest of the earlier process was like that.

Also, I want to thank you all again for helping me with questions and concerns before the interview!