August-October DOE Card Tracker

You too, Moulin!

Welcome back, Moulin! I really appreciate all the suggestions/advice you'd given on this board! Now we are all done with interviews, etc and back in the US! I'm sure you'll receive your card soon.

Good luck to you!

:D

talked to TSC today ....

they ordered the cards on Sept 17th and told that barring any issues with the copy of the page where GC is stamped on the passport, i should be getting it by the end of the month .....

They said many times the card processing people reject the file if the copy of the page where GC is stamped on the passport is unclear or missing ...so i guess I will find out by the month end ..

Ary ... try calling TSC, they will tell u as to what is going on with ur file ...

TSC no. is 214-381-1423

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally received the cards

DOE 8/24/02
POE Newark
Cards and welcome letters received for self and wife on 9/23/02

Newark seems to be one of the slowest POEs !

Got the cards

DOE: Sep 08 2002
POE: Boston

Received cards for self & wife 9/24/02. No welcome letters yet.
I guess I can't complain about that :)

Recd Card...

Interview Date: Aug 29th @ Mumbai
POE: Dallas
DOE: Sep 9th
Welcome Letter Recd: Sep 26th
Card Recd: Sep 28th

was just qurious about you and congratulations

congratulations and have happy post GC life. I really don't know how often I will login to this forum but thanks to all of you sharing your experiences and making CP process smooth and SUCCESSFUL for all of us.

Received Cards

Interview Date: Aug 28th
POE: Chicago
DOE: Sep 15th
Cards Received: Sep 28th for my wife and Sep 30th for me and my kid.

Hi everyone, thanks for all your support and suggestions. This forum is great resource, without this I would not gone for CP. I recommend CP.

Done with INS for now.

Thanks

WhiteRose:)

Interview Date : August 29th
DOE : Sept 8th
POE : Newark
Welcome Notice : Sept 30th
Green Card : Sept 30th

:)

Re: talked to TSC today ....

Originally posted by im9999
they ordered the cards on Sept 17th and told that barring any issues with the copy of the page where GC is stamped on the passport, i should be getting it by the end of the month .....

They said many times the card processing people reject the file if the copy of the page where GC is stamped on the passport is unclear or missing ...so i guess I will find out by the month end ..

Ary ... try calling TSC, they will tell u as to what is going on with ur file ...

TSC no. is 214-381-1423

im9999, what do you mean by "the card processing people reject the file if the copy of the page where GC is stamped on the passport is unclear or missing "?.

Do they take a copy of your GC stamp in the passport at the POE?

I called up TSC at the given number and spoke with an agent. Gave her my A# and she says that she doesnt have any application based on that number. I was trying to explain to her that I did not apply there and that I landed at Newark on 8/31/02 and was enquiring about the status of my green card. She was again giving me the same story.

Any ideas guys?....... Was I right in even calling her? Is there any other number?

here are the answers ...

Sumanthi ... from what the person told me, it looks like they do take a copy of the stamped page of the passport... ur visa packet, the application for the Plastic Card with the fingerprint, the photocopy (i guess) is then sent from the POE to TSC for processing .... TSC then sends this to their 3rd party contracting company that prints the Plastic Card .... If somethings are not clear, that contractor rejects the application and sends it back to TSC ....

roundthecorner ... it looks like ur file hasn't yet reached TSC from Newark ... Newark is very slow in sending files ... u should try to contact the Newark Airport INS office for the status ...Once TSC receives ur file, it take 2 weeks for u to get the cards ....TSC will locate ur case from the A# and that they will only have when they would have received ur file from EWR ..... it really sucks !!

Re: here are the answers ...

Originally posted by im9999
Sumanthi ... from what the person told me, it looks like they do take a copy of the stamped page of the passport... ur visa packet, the application for the Plastic Card with the fingerprint, the photocopy (i guess) is then sent from the POE to TSC for processing .... TSC then sends this to their 3rd party contracting company that prints the Plastic Card .... If somethings are not clear, that contractor rejects the application and sends it back to TSC ....

well..i'm not sure if this correct. Has anyone noticed a copy of GC stamp in the passport made at the POE?.

from my experience at EWR ...

my visa packet and passport was collected by the INS officer and we were made to wait ... after nearly 30 mins I was called into the office and they took the fingerprint and signature on an unfilled application and then handed me the passport .... the passport was already stamped .... so they could have taken a copy etc as I did not even see them stamp the passpot ....

Maybe others can give more info from their experiences ...