August-October DOE Card Tracker

brb,

How have you been? I just got back from Japan last Sunday and I'm getting little homesick...

Anyway, the interview was really nice and short. It took only few minutes. Only several questions were asked. The officer told me to come back later in the day to get my visa. Almost no question was asked at the POE. I'm just so glad the process is over.

How was yours? Did you have a good time while in Sidney?

Card Received

Interview: 23 July (Mumbai)
POE: Boston
DOE: 21 August
Letters: Aug. 30 or 31 (7 business days from DOE)

Card: Sep. 3 (8 business days from DOE)

New SSN card:-

Applied: Aug. 23rd.
Received: Aug. 30 or 31.

Good luck and good bye.

Last edited by a moderator:
New entry for card tracker - PUJPRAN

Here are my details.

Interview Date: August 21st,2002 at Chennai

POE: DALLAS

DOE: Spet. 3rd,2002

Thank you,

PUJPRAN

Waiting ...

Here are my details -

Interview - August 23rd, 2002
POE - Philadelphia
DOE - August 28th, 2002

Card/welcome letter received - WAITING

Plastic Card

Interview : Aug 20 ,2002
POE : Dallas , AUg 25,2002

Still awaiting for the letters & the card.
I have given my firends address for the cards to be mailed since i was not sure how long i will be staying at my current addres.
I did confirm my friends address on the visa paper.
Hope this is not an issue.
Any response will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Defjam

Waiting

Waiting ...
Here are my details -

Interview - August 19th, 2002
POE - Cincinnati
DOE - Sept 1st, 2002

Card/welcome letter received - WAITING

Received My Plastic Cards...

I changed my residence before going to interview in chennai consulate. Filled AR11 and sent it in priority mail with acknowledgement.
At POE they changed the address in my wife's papers and said they will do the same for me and my wife. Unfortunately they have not done that. So my wife got her card last week.
Me and my kid got the cards forwarded!!!!! from my old address!! without any problem today.

I was really surprised on seeing it forwarded.

Recent plastic card receipt (from DOE) averages. Best to worst ranking for common POEs.
Data extracted from Cptracker.com

Atlanta - 8 days
Detroit - 11-17 days
Boston - 14 days (consistant)
New York - 15 days
Houston - 18 days
Chicago - 20 days
Newark - 22 days
Los Angeles - 28 - 32 days ( no one who entered in August has received plastic card to date. current max waiting time 31 days)
San Fransisco - 25-40 days

Summary: Detroit, Boston, New York seem to perform well. Worst are LA and SFO.

brb
(POE - LA!)

thanks brb ...

that was very kind of u to have taken the time and made these statistics ..

thanks again !

Plastic card sent from TSC

I recd. my plastic on 9/3.

It came from Mesquite, TX (near dallas), the INS TSC, even though all my papers, all through the application process, was handled by VSC as I've always lived in the NE.

I wonder why my papers were sent to TSC from Boston, my POE.

Does everybody get their plastic from TSC - is this the "plastic center"?

If not, I suspect this has something to do with the processing time taken for the card.

number to call for card delays

thanks im9999 for the complements.
Mitsy, I saw your message only today. I had a good time in Sydney. It was nice to get away from the midwest summer to a "winter" in the southern hemisphere. BTW, Japanese food has become very popular in Sydney.

AA Kumar, this is what I read on Murthy.com:
"Green cards are now being produced at each of the four INS Service Centers, rather than at one card facility. Inquiries regarding late cards must be directed to the appropriate Center serving one's area. .....For persons who obtained immigrant visas abroad and entered on those visas, all cards are being produced at the Texas Service Center"

From shusterman's web site, an old reference:
"C. The Immigration Card Facility (ICF) - (214) 655-1500
The ICF is not a government agency per se, but a private contractor based in Arlington, Texas. All alien registration cards (also known as "green cards" or form I-551's) are manufactured there. If more than six months have gone by since the temporary permanent residence stamp was placed in your passport and you still haven't received your plastic green card, you may want to give the ICF a call. "

In my opinion the variation in the receipt time of plastic cards (POEs) are as a result of the time the INS at POEs take to send off the paper work to TSC/ICF.

Could other people (like West Coast POE) comment on where they received their plastic card from?

question of POE

hello guys,

i thought this might the right-forum to ask this question. Please forgive me changing your-topic of discussion.

Does the POE really matter. Seems like i cannot get any tickets from Dallas-to-chennai & vice-versa., If i choose anyother airlines, i cannot choose DALLAS as my POE, it would be either, Detroit, Chicago, or L.A.

when i submitted my packet-3 way back in May 2002, i chose dallas.

now, the reality is i cannot get any tickets If iam choosy about DALLAS.

Please help.

localMadras

How do you choose a POE ?Where in P3 did

you indicate your POE? I have never seen such a question.Pls.clarify.

Re: How do you choose a POE ?Where in P3 did

thanks for the info Kashur :)

and sorry for the confusion Chandu bhai. I guess i mentioned it to my attorney (not anywhere in packet-3 forms).

looking at the info (copying from BRB's post in this thread)
------------------------------------------------------
POE & Avg processing time for plastic-card
-----------------------------------------------------
Atlanta - 8 days
Detroit - 11-17 days
Boston - 14 days (consistant)
New York - 15 days
Houston - 18 days
Chicago - 20 days
Newark - 22 days
Los Angeles - 28 - 32 days ( no one who entered in August has received plastic card to date. current max waiting time 31 days)
San Fransisco - 25-40 days

I am planning to avoid L.A & S.F.O as my POE.... (all in travel-agent's hand)...

Thanks again for the information

--localMadras

received green cards

Hello everybody,

I have relatives who came on Family based immigration

POE - los angeles 8/16/02
received green card 9/9/02
received welcome letter about a week ago i think on 9/3/02

hope this helps.
thankyou everybody for all the informative postings.
keep up the good work!!!

INS works in mysterious ways!!

my DOE was 24th Aug at EWR... and am still waiting for my cards but INS played its own joke ....

they approved my H1B ext on 9/3/02 with new I-94!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had applied for it in Apr ..... I got the approval today

Lets hope next thing from INS is the plastic card ..........