August Filers I-751 (Timeline Plz)

Congratulations!!! aus. This is amazing.... least time I found was 51 days at CSC, and lately the average time at VSC is 140 days. Yours was done only in 58 days, amazing, I think they are geared up along with the new USCIS site. Congratulations once again.

Actually mine got approved in 49 days! but I did walk in FP that saved two weeks for me.

Friends, Looks like VSC is going superfast these days. Aus got approved in just 58 days. Could you please check your status online to see if it is showing subsequent stages (on the new tool which they have launched recently) and share the info. Seems like mine is stuck at "Initial Review" stage.

Sorry to pick on you PK29, my service center is CSC not VSC!:D

Sorry to pick on you PK29, my service center is CSC not VSC!:D

Hi Aus, thanks for correction (I got you confused with JMG), but still yours is the shortest period at CSC so far.

August 09 filers at VSC: Could you please check your case status on-line and share your case update.

Hi Aus, thanks for correction (I got you confused with JMG), but still yours is the shortest period at CSC so far.

August 09 filers at VSC: Could you please check your case status on-line and share your case update.

PK2,

No new update on my case, VSC is my center. I think Aus knew somewhere at the CSC...:D

No new updates for me either, still "initial review". I'm VSC as well. It seems like our wait will be 6 months or less according to the processing times page. BTW, does anyone know why sometimes the lines in processing times are green and why sometimes are yellow? for example i-751 for VSC is 6 month but is green, for CSC is also 6 months but is yellow.

My I-751 package was received by USCIS CSC on August 17, 2009 and I just checked online, and my 10 year GC was ordered on October 8, 2009! Very happy! Good luck everyone.

Status Inquiry

Guys,

I mailed a status inquiry letter today to VSC. I know that it takes about 6 months to process this type of petition, but I just want someone to search for my file and provide an update. I know that USCIS can sometimes leave petitions to fall within cracks, I mean butt cracks created by USCIS...:rolleyes: Once it is retrieved, then I shall have a status update...like an approval...:cool:

Hi guys i am filing my i751 next week, i have a question? Question number 9 on the i751 asked "if you have ever lived anywhere else since becoming a permanent resident"...... My husband and i moved after i became a permenant resident, i am not sure if they are talking about both of us or just me. Should i check yes or no, i am sort of confused?

Hi guys i am filing my i751 next week, i have a question? Question number 9 on the i751 asked "if you have ever lived anywhere else since becoming a permanent resident"...... My husband and i moved after i became a permenant resident, i am not sure if they are talking about both of us or just me. Should i check yes or no, i am sort of confused?

Hi RNQ,
I-751 is filed jointly with supporting documents to show that your marriage is strong, healthy and genuine and not for the purpose of obtaining GC. The supporting documents should show that you have been living together (like utility bills some on both name or some in your name and some in your spouse's name, etc.). To avoid any delay/RFE on your I-751 approval : you should state the scenario where it shows that you have been living together (with some proofs, possibly), whichever route that is accomplished better. So if you are saying that you moved from place to place, make sure to prove that both of you stayed together all the time. It is not a good idea to disclose that you lived separately as that puts a question mark on the whole process of marriage based green card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question # 9 states " HAVE YOU RESIDED AT ANY OTHER ADDRESS SINCE YOU BECAME A PERMANENT RESIDENT" .......my husband and I just moved 3 months ago to a new house 10 blocks from our previous house, so should i check YES or NO?

Question # 9 states " HAVE YOU RESIDED AT ANY OTHER ADDRESS SINCE YOU BECAME A PERMANENT RESIDENT" .......my husband and I just moved 3 months ago to a new house 10 blocks from our previous house, so should i check YES or NO?

Check YES. You moved, irrespective of whether it is 10 blocks or not. You are receiving mail at the new address, which is your home. YES should be checked.

Hi RNQ, you should check YES, make sure to include a letter/Lease from Landlord or similar document showing that both of you are living together along with mails/utility bills showing names for both of you for new and previous address(s).
You don't want USCIS to pick on some silly thing and start an RFE back and forth which will unnecessarily delay the approval.

thanky you so much guys, I CHECKED YES, AND PUT ALL THE SUPORTING DOCUMENTS SHOWING WE LIVED TOGETHER...AND MAILED THE APPLICATION YESTERDAY..THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR ANSWER.

Guys,

I mailed a status inquiry letter today to VSC. I know that it takes about 6 months to process this type of petition, but I just want someone to search for my file and provide an update. I know that USCIS can sometimes leave petitions to fall within cracks, I mean butt cracks created by USCIS...:rolleyes: Once it is retrieved, then I shall have a status update...like an approval...:cool:

Hi Al Southner,
Any response from USCIS to your inquiry? Or update in your on-line status?

Hi Al Southner,
Any response from USCIS to your inquiry? Or update in your on-line status?

Nope. The received the letter on Thursday or Friday as per USPS data, so I should hear from them in a week or two, three weeks is maximum. I haven't see any changes on my online status, maybe I should have send them a pumpkim pie with the status inquiry letter. :D

friends,

i went to the asc in maryland to try to do a walk-in fp. Upon arriving there, the guard told me that they cannot accomodate me because if they did, then everyone will be just showing up. So, i told them guard that i am traveling for business and leisure in sept and i cannot make the appt for the 9/18/09. He proceeded to tell me if i don't show him my itinerary, then he cannot help me. At this time, people in the asc were looking in our direction, and i told the guard "sir, i need to talk to the asc supersvisor, because it is clear that you are in over your head, you can't accomodate me because you aren't the person doing the fp. If the supervisor tells me the same thing, then i am going to ask for his supervisor as well". :rolleyes: I could see a sense of disbelief on the guards face, but i could care less because he doesn't have any idea on the schedule. The guards are there to make sure people who show up have proper letters, but they can't deny you access to the supervisor. I could see rumbling and uneasiness in the people who were sitting awaiting their fp. :p

i was shown the supervisor who was fingerpring an applicant. He motioned me to have a sit and will be with me immediately upon completing current person. Upon finishing, he asked me to come over and i went and explained the situation to him. He asked me for the same itinerary and i told him i won't have it till the day before i travel, e-ticket and so forth. However, i can get him an email if that will meet his needs. He waited for about 30-45 seconds, while looking at the guard and said to me, hold on and looked at their schedule and wrote on my noa, "come tomorrow at 1pm", bring state id and not your company id...:d i said thank you and do you mind if i got over and talk to the guard, and he said of course not. So, i went to the guard and said to him, thank you. He said for what... I said to him, for trying to make a decision on something which you have no authority on. I will see you tomorrow. :rolleyes: So, i will be back at the asc to do my walk-in schedule fp, and i intend to bring the guard some flowers and a kedem grape juice. :p

lolll al southner, you are funny, can't belive you said that to the guard~~~