August Filers I-751 (Timeline Plz)

Hello,
I am preparing to file my I-751 in the end of August. I read some forum where someone had mentioned that they are sending their marriage certificate with the I-751, Wasn't sure if I need to add that to my package? Thanks!

Mail enough evidence to avoid DO trip

Hello,
I am preparing to file my I-751 in the end of August. I read some forum where someone had mentioned that they are sending their marriage certificate with the I-751, Wasn't sure if I need to add that to my package? Thanks!

Sethu,

Just put enough evidence to avoid an unnecessary trip to your local DO. My package was received on Saturday, and I mailed them the following copies:

Son's birth certificate and 1st page of his passport
Naming ceremony pictures-Jewish thing
Utilities (gas, electric, phone, FIOS cable, Macy's)
1st page of bank statement, (3 months)
copy of certified marriage certificate, the county which issued my license issued such copies, so I send them a copy.
Insurance policies (home & cars)
Home loan application & some closing materials
pictures of myself, son, wife, friends at wedding, trips abroad (20 pictures)
google picture of our home (just to screw with them...:D

the package weighed about a 1.5 lbs, so they should just process the check, issue a NOA and approve it without any problems. I am traveling to Israel in Dec, so I think my paperwork should be fine. :p

OP Timeline

08/06/2009: I-751 Package Mailed
08/08/2009: VSC received package
xx/xx/2009: Check Cashed:
xx/xx/2009: NOA I-797C Mailed:
xx/xx/2009: NOA I-797C Received:
xx/xx/2009: FP
xx/xx/2009: GC approved/ordered
xx/xx/2009: GC received in the mail
August 5th, 2010 N400 Application mailed...:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I-751 Affidavit Samples

Hi,

My 751 window started on the 9th, hope to send it out the door by next weekend. Does anyone have any sample of the affidavits from friends/relatives?

To those who filed already....did you get the affidavits notarized?

:D
Hi,

My 751 window started on the 9th, hope to send it out the door by next weekend. Does anyone have any sample of the affidavits from friends/relatives?

To those who filed already....did you get the affidavits notarized?

Affidavits are suggested, NOT required. If you have solid evidence, then mail it to the USCIS for them to make their decision. I believe that affidavits are overrated. However, if it a must in your situation, get them notarized for your own sense of peace. Notary doesn't mean people are truthful, people lie under oath in court...

Al Souther,

I personally do not agree about getting them notarized.

But in terms of the affidavits, it seems it is a requirement. At least thats what I understand reading the I-751 instructions.

Thanks

Al Souther,

I personally do not agree about getting them notarized.

But in terms of the affidavits, it seems it is a requirement. At least thats what I understand reading the I-751 instructions.

Thanks

I am not a proponent of the statement getting notarized. People sometimes assign notary a sense of truthfulness and honesty. As you see in my previous post, "However, if it a must in your situation, get them notarized for your own sense of peace". It is a personal choice...:)

Check cashed

Guys,

My check was cashed today, so I should be receiving my NOA this weekend or early next week. So, I am hoping to see how fast this VSC is with these petitions. Keep you all posted.
08/13/2009: Check Cashed: :cool:
August 5th, 2010 N400 Application mailed..

why sent to VSC, not chicago?

Guys,

My check was cashed today, so I should be receiving my NOA this weekend or early next week. So, I am hoping to see how fast this VSC is with these petitions. Keep you all posted.
08/13/2009: Check Cashed: :cool:

Chicago handles new AOS Petitions

why sent to VSC, not chicago?

All I-751 applications and N400 are processed by Service Centers. You just need to read the mailing instructions carefully, but use USCIS.GOV website to check the latest information on correct fees and where to mail one's application material.

Good luck,

Al

NOA received in the mail today.

I received my NOA today in the mail, noting extension of my greencard with all other benefits. The app was received on August 10th, 2009

08/13/2009: Check Cashed:
08/12/2009: NOA I-797C Mailed:
08/15/2009: NOA I-797C Received
:

Just getting my application and supporting documents ready. My 90 day window starts next Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sent my I-751 package to the California center on Friday, August 14. It was delivered on Monday, August 17 and the check was cashed today, August 19. I hope that is good!

No FP notice in the mail

I am suprised that no other people are removing conditions..:eek: I am still waiting for FP notice? Can somebody help please...:rolleyes:

I received my NOA today in the mail, noting extension of my greencard with all other benefits. The app was received on August 10th, 2009

08/13/2009: Check Cashed:
08/12/2009: NOA I-797C Mailed:
08/15/2009: NOA I-797C Received
:

Hi,
Any updates on your case?
I just mailed my I-751 on 19th Aug. Were you asked for I-797C from USICS? I have included as much info as possible (including the IRS Transcript of our joint Tax Returns as opposed to the print outs of self filing as pointed out in some postings and one notarized affidavit etc.) and the copies of all my I-797 forms based on your posting. I have a question: If and when I receive the letter for Biometrics, would that mean that we won't be required to appear for an interview or we can be called for interview at any stage? Thanks.

Theoretically, one can be called in for an interview at any stage.

If and when I receive the letter for Biometrics, would that mean that we won't be required to appear for an interview or we can be called for interview at any stage?

Theoretically, one can be called in for an interview at any stage.

Thanks for your prompt response. Could you please tell me where I can register my email address so that I can receive the USCIS updates on my case and eventually the GC approval through email prior to actually receiving it in the mail. Thanks.