August 2011 Filers

Interview successful!

Guys, my wife's interview was today and it was successful. We arrived at the USCIS office (San Francisco) about 50 minutes ahead of the appointment time. There weren't any people in line, so we got in very quickly. The security guards were friendly today and I felt that it is a good sign. We went in, were seated in the waiting area and told that an officer would come see us at the appointed time. It was a wait of about 45 minutes but the TV was on with a news channel and we spent time chatting and watching TV. At the appointment time an officer came out and called my wife's name. I was like "here we go, this is the moment of truth". The officer was friendly, polite and professional. We wished her good morning and she corrected us smilingly that it is good afternoon. Our nervousness was reduced a bit and we felt relaxed. She swore us in and asked the routine Yes/No questions. Then she asked my wife about her biographic info - confirmed her date of birth, arrival in the US, her occupation, etc. Then she asked me about how I met her, how long we dated before getting married, etc. As we had a short courting period, she asked why we got married so quickly. I replied that we both wanted to start a family and have kids, so we got into a committed relationship to do that. She then asked if we had any further documentation or information we would like to furnish in support of our case. We provided pictures from our wedding, itinerary of our honeymoon together, evidence of my wife added as a dependant for health insurance, etc. The conversation then veered towards small talk where I mentioned that my wife is a good cook and how I had already gained a few pounds of weight due to that.
The officer then told us that she will approve our case and update in the system in a day or two. She explained to us that we would get a conditional card(our marriage is only a few months old) and mentioned the steps to remove the condition. She said it was nice meeting us today and wished us the best of luck. We said likewise, thanked her and left the office. The interview lasted for about 15-20 minutes. The officer was friendly and empathetic towards us, listened to our words with attention and seemed to care about us as individuals while at the same time being diligent in asking the right questions.
For the past 2-3 days we were stressed out about the interview and we are glad it ended well today.
I wish best of luck to everyone who is waiting on their interviews and thank everyone who has posted about their experience. This is the awesomest forum ever with the best community of posters.

For the past 2-3 days we were stressed out about the interview and we are glad it ended well today.

Congrats what a great feeling isnt it :D. I went to the interview thinking I was going to bombarded with questions and it wasn't the case only 3 personal questions name, birth, and if we had a child.

Thank you @marinewife & @Tekworker
@ Tekworker : congrats to u and ur wife and all the best for your future together, now work on the babies... Lol

@kadidja
You're welcome dear. Best of luck with everything from here on out.

@tekworker
CONGRATS! I'm really happy for you and your wife. Good luck in all your future endeavors!

Here are the details!!!

Date Applied:08/16/2011
Date Recd by USCIS:08/17/2011
Check cashed on: 08/23/2011
USCIS Notice Date:08/19/2011
Biometrics/Finger-printing notice received-Never
Biometrics /FP Appointment date:09/21/2011
Completed 09/20/2011 ( Early Walkin)
RFE (if any)--None
EAD Applied:Yes Date Approved:10/18/2011
AP Applied: Yes Date Approved: 10/18/2011
AOS Interview Date: 11/08/2011
Results of AOS Interview

Green Card Approved!!!

Just coming back from interview. Immigration officer said she is approving my case and I should get my green card in less than 30 days
Here are the details!!!

Date Applied:08/16/2011
Date Recd by USCIS:08/17/2011
Check cashed on: 08/23/2011
USCIS Notice Date:08/19/2011
Biometrics/Finger-printing notice received-Never
Biometrics /FP Appointment date:09/21/2011
Completed 09/20/2011 ( Early Walkin)
RFE (if any)--None
EAD Applied:Yes Date Approved:10/18/2011
AP Applied: Yes Date Approved: 10/18/2011
AOS Interview Date: 11/08/2011
Results of AOS Interview -Approved

Last edited by a moderator:
Online status updated for I-485

Hi just checked and my online status changed for I-485 to card production ordered.
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On November 8, 2011, we ordered production of your new card.

Also, Thanks MarineWife, I will surely write my exp in details soon.

Hi just checked and my online status changed for I-485 to card production ordered.
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On November 8, 2011, we ordered production of your new card.

Also, Thanks MarineWife, I will surely write my exp in details soon.

Expect it in about 10 days :) by next friday you should have it. Congrats!!! :D So glad to hear all the success stories! :)

Question?????

Hello Everyone!
We had our interview about 3 weeks ago and everything went well but NO GREEN CARD yet. Does anyone know what might be happening???? I my online status is not updated as well. For example, I already have my work autorization card in hands and it shows in the website "Post Decision"(for the work application)....The other applications are the same as the day I got my last email for the interview (Initial and Interview). Please, let me know if you have any idea of what may be happening. I want to get a infopass but I guess I have to wait until completes 30 days after the interview, right?

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately there are no fortune tellers here. Good luck bro!
Hello Everyone!
We had our interview about 3 weeks ago and everything went well but NO GREEN CARD yet. Does anyone know what might be happening???? I my online status is not updated as well. For example, I already have my work autorization card in hands and it shows in the website "Post Decision"(for the work application)....The other applications are the same as the day I got my last email for the interview (Initial and Interview). Please, let me know if you have any idea of what may be happening. I want to get a infopass but I guess I have to wait until completes 30 days after the interview, right?

:confused: