08-Aug-11 Notice of Action Received -Day 8
12-Aug-11 Bio Notification - Day 12
07-Sept-11 Bio taken - Day 38
XX-XXX-11 EAD & AP Received I-765
23-Sept-11 IL
24-Oct-11 Interview Date
XX-XXX-11 Green Card Received

:D Hi to my fellow august fillers.
I got my interview letter yesterday, it is on Oct 24. Glad to see things are moving. Now I have to get ready for it.
Take care y'all

01-Aug-11 Application sent to Chicago lockbox -Day 1
02-Aug-11 USCIS Received Application -Day 2
06-Aug-11 Text NOA's Received -Day 6
XX-XXX-11 EAD & AP Received I-765
23-Sept-11 IL
24-Oct-11 Interview Date

:D Hi to my fellow august fillers.
I got my interview letter yesterday, it is on Oct 24. Glad to see things are moving. Now I have to get ready for it.
Take care y'all

August filers are zooming by better than July filers. :)

Update

Hi guys,
I have just seen on the usci case status that the work permit and the advance parole have been approved on the 09/28. Wooww
I am seeing my feet turning green...hahaha
Question: how long does it take to receive it?
Take care guys
Kadidja

Hello Guys

Hi
Late Entry but here are my details. So far finger printing Completed, Any idea how much time for next step?

Date Applied:08/16/2011
Date Recd by USCIS:08/17/2011
Check cashed on: 08/23/2011
USCIS Notice Date:08/19/2011
Biometrics/Finger-printing notice received-Never
Biometrics /FP Appointment date:09/21/2011
Completed 09/20/2011 ( Early Walkin)
RFE (if any)
EAD Applied:Yes Date Approved:
AP Applied: Yes Date Approved:
AOS Interview Date:
Results of AOS Interview

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Kadidja........around 5-7 business days since 'Card has been Ordered' status.

We have no update on our EAD application yet. I also filed our application on the say day as you, Aug 1....and our interview is scheduled for next friday, Oct 7th.......Am certain, even if approved today or tomorrow, we won't receive the EAD card until after our interview.

Hi guys,
I have just seen on the usci case status that the work permit and the advance parole have been approved on the 09/28. Wooww
I am seeing my feet turning green...hahaha
Question: how long does it take to receive it?
Take care guys
Kadidja

Thank you falcyon for taking time to give people advices and reassuring them. I wish you and your family all the best for the interview and for the future.

The reason that there is a delay with the EAD card I think it's because you had a walk in for the fingerprints, you have gained couple of days for the interview but on the regular timing as the august filers for the rest. You will probably have a good news in a day or two even if you will not physically have the card on the interview day, it will be approved.
My uscis case update was on initial review and the next day jumped to card being processed.
thank u

You're right kadidja.....just received email that

Card/ Document Production

On September 29, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Thank you falcyon for taking time to give people advices and reassuring them. I wish you and your family all the best for the interview and for the future.

The reason that there is a delay with the EAD card I think it's because you had a walk in for the fingerprints, you have gained couple of days for the interview but on the regular timing as the august filers for the rest. You will probably have a good news in a day or two even if you will not physically have the card on the interview day, it will be approved.
My uscis case update was on initial review and the next day jumped to card being processed.
thank u

Updating my signature :

Packet Sent : Aug 1, 2011
Packet Received by USCIS : Aug 3, 2011
Received Email at 9.00 PM on Aug 5, 2001 with I-797 receipt numbers for all 5 applications ( 2 i-130's, 2 i-485's and 1 i-765). Checked on USCIS website and validated that all receipt numbers do exist.
Priority Date : Aug 5, 2011
Fingerprint Notice : Aug 15, 2011
Walk-in fingerprint done : Aug 17, 2011 (Atlanta DO)
Online Update on Sep 8: Interview schedule for Oct 7, 2011
Mail received on Sep 9: Interview on Oct 7, 2011 at 12.45 PM in Atlanta
Email Status Update on EAD : Sept 29, 2011 - EAD Card Production Ordered

My father's case is still not entered in USCIS's database. It is interesting that my mother's case number is higher, and her case showed up online. I also checked a few case either immediately before or after my father's case and none showed up online. I guess the situation is not unique for his case.

My parent's non immigration visa is due to expire on 10/27. I wonder shall I apply for I-539 (extension of non immigration status) for them. I still haven't receive biometric notice for either of them yet, and it's less likely their case will be approved before 10/27. I heard about the grace period from USCIS that allows an applicant to be out of status whiling waiting for I-485 approval. Any advice onI -539 application? Thanks

August 10, 2011 Applications for parents sent to Chicago lockbox
August 12, 2011 UPS packages delivered
August 24, Checks cashed
August 28, NOA received. Mom's case shows up online, however dad's case can't be located online.

If it is a visitor's visa they will most likely deny the extension due to the pending i-485, so no you don't have to apply for an extension. If you want you can call but when I received my NOA's for my documents, all of them appeared online except for the i-130, it was never found in the system and I have my greencard already, so I wouldn't worry about it, if you receive nothing for your father before 10/27, like biometrics appt, or the checks being cashed for his petition, then I would call and inquire about it.

Hey guys, this is a belated entry by me but better late than never I guess. I have filed for my wife recently and here are the timelines. I will update here as and when anything new happens. Good luck to all for your applications.

July 26th - Mailed Documents
July 28th - Package recieved by USCIS
Aug 15 - NOA text message recieved
Aug 17 - Recieved returned check, rejection letter(because I had overpaid, sending check for EAD when I didn't need to)
Aug 19th - Recieved NOAs in the mail, wife calmed down :)
Sep 2nd - Recieved biometrics appointment for Sep 26th
Sep 12th - Successful walk in for biometrics.

Just checked the case status online and saw that EAD card production is ordered. An important milestone crossed, now waiting for GC interview letter!

Thanks Kadidja!
Today we received the interview letter in the mail. Interview date is November 2nd.
Good luck to us for the interview!

Greencard Approved!!

Packet Sent : Aug 1, 2011
Packet Received by USCIS : Aug 3, 2011
Received Email at 9.00 PM on Aug 5, 2001 with I-797 receipt numbers for all 5 applications ( 2 i-130's, 2 i-485's and 1 i-765). Checked on USCIS website and validated that all receipt numbers do exist.
Priority Date : Aug 5, 2011
Fingerprint Notice : Aug 15, 2011
Walk-in fingerprint done : Aug 17, 2011 (Atlanta DO)
Online Update on Sep 8: Interview schedule for Oct 7, 2011
EAD card recieved: October 8, 2011
Interview in ATL: October 7, 2011
Greencard approved: October 7, 2011

Here is my Status Updates
01-Aug-11 Application sent to Chicago lockbox (Day 1)
02-Aug-11 USCIS Received Application - siged by, Don't know (Day 2)
10-Aug-11 Email and Text NOA's Received
Dont Know- Checks Cleared
15-Aug-11 NOA Received
15-Aug-11 Bio Notification ( Appointment for Sept 09)
31st-September-11 EAD Card in Approved - Production
7th-Oct-11 EAD Sent out
12-Oct-11 EAD Received in Hand

hey we was wondering if we should Applied for AP now, damn we should of did it when we did the EAD.

When should we expect IL / ID? we are in Brooklyn NY.

Update- update

Got my AP and my EAD

01-Aug-11 Application sent to Chicago lockbox -Day 1
02-Aug-11 USCIS Received Application -Day 2
06-Aug-11 Text NOA's Received -Day 6
23-Sept-11 IL
05-Oct-11 EAD & AP Received I-765
24-Oct-11 Interview Date