Attorney Thomas Jones, Immigration Associates

Answer for Kesab

Hi Kesab:

Sorry about not explaining. A sworn complaint just means that you have your signature notarized with a proper notary signature and it is as if you are making your statement under oath. While I do not know what is actually required in Illinois....many states require that a bar complaint be "sworn" to try to deter people from filing out right lies.

Your question about existing client's funds is a very good one. An attorney is normally required to maintain a trust account which contains monies paid by clients but not yet billed or not yet spent on expenses. In an ideal world, one would hope that this money still exists (if it is gone an attorney has more than a Bar complaint to be concerned about.....stealing makes it a crime). My suggestion is you call the Illinois Bar folks and aks them that same question.

Kesab...generally if a state bar is going to come down on an attorney for unethical behavior...they are not going to allow that attorney to make off with client fees if at all possilbe. None the less, you have good reason to be concerned and calling someone at the bar should provide you with some answers.

Good luck and it is sad that folks like this attonrey are the reason that my profession continues to fight the stereotypes of being greedy and unprofessional.

Thomas.C.Jones

Hello
I hired him in 1997.still waiting to hear from him about my File number etc.He never returne call or e mail.what to do? advise.Please

Satyasai,,, really in 1997? and u still have not heard back from him? I am also a victim of him.. Thomas Jones is now under investigation.(Check this case number 03CH63 at www.iardc.org). I guess you should also file a complaint against him so tat he does not dare to do it again to other clients like us..thanks

I had the same problem with Jones. I have been back of him for two years. I have also filed a complaint in the above address, but no use. I have also approached small claims court, as I moved out of chicago, it is difficult for me to file a case against him.

He should be debarred and further no one should be affected by this useless guy! If anyone happen to get back the money from him, please let me know. Email:ikon123@hotmail.com

Thanks

I am URGENTLY looking for an .immigration attorney in Chicago area to discuss potential change in employment and its ramifications on the greencard processing. I would appreciate your sharing any names, addresses, telephone nos. and e-mails of reputable attorneys. Some information about myself:

1. Currently working on H1B visa in Corporate Finance in a large tech. co. in San Jose, CA
2. Current employer has filed for Labor Certification under regular process (i.e., going nowhere)
3. Have been tentatively offered a job in a similar function in Chicago area
4. The Chicago firm is a startup (~1 year old) in the financial services industry
5. The Chicago firm has no experience in immigration issues but is willing to do all it takes to get the process rolling

Many thanks in advance.