Attached is the Complaint we have filed

Status
Not open for further replies.
COLOR=red]We need organize some actions such parade/demonstration to voice ourselves, simultaneously in some major cities. Anyone agree?[/COLOR]

Haha... good idea. Probably we should get organized properly first.

Godd idea, I have been thinking about this since long time.
All individual pettions are going to trash cans. No one will listen unless it is united show of strengh and unity.

I will come

Originally posted by gc949
Godd idea, I have been thinking about this since long time.
All individual pettions are going to trash cans. No one will listen unless it is united show of strengh and unity.

As long as we are dignified and orderly... :)

I think we should start a separate thread on this, see how many people can join. At least at some big cities, we can gather some people, say in front of the ins federal building, peacefully demonstrate. If enogh people would like to join, we can discuss the details of law/rules for demonstration. I belive this is the best way to get media attention. Show up in person!

Re: Re: New members need direction

Originally posted by operations
One or more of you get together and give me a call (through Homa, at extension 108). I will explain where we stand and the troubles and triumphs with getting organized. In the mean time, give me a list of things you want me to do. It will be taken care of.

Is anyone else interested in working together on action item check list (press release, tv, other) so that people can chose one action for them and that gets assigned to them.

Rajiv wanted to explain "troubles and triumphs" of getting organized. Anyone else interested in talking to him, or should I speak to him and update you all.

The govt. lawyers called me today

As I had suspected, they wanted 30 more days (which I agreed to). I will brief you on the details tomorrow. Nothing very special, but still worth reporting.

Look forward to the update, at least they have to hear our voice now. Well done, Rajiv.
Are there already core action teams somewhere, I knew there is one in Michigan (MI485 in NSC). where can I find others? I would like to ask them about the idea of parade/demonstration.

Thank you, Mr. Khanna

Dear Mr. Khanna:

Thank you very much for your effort. Fighting for justice is so admirable.

Best wishes,

Rajiv, I have tried to go through most of the threads ,. I was on vacation to India in Dec till Mid jan . It looks that I may have forgotten to reply this thread. It is indeed a great work and we must fight for our cause. It is total frustration and sword on neck all the time instability becuase of non approval of 485 . there is no priority system . even my application got filed on jan 15,2002 ,I see every day people who filed feb,to Oct 2002 got approved. there are lot of people similar to mine application. Ii wish these CIS people shud be forced to read and act immidiately on our cause.I will pray all the time for you and your team for filing of this suit. We every one shud look forwrad with support . Thank you very very much once again.

Question

Dear Mr. Khanna:

The question stems from the fact that I do not understand the full legality nor do I understand the legal terminology within the complaint. (This question does not in any way undermines the hard work as well as a great effort put in by your law firm and scores of other plaintiffs). Also, I am hoping am not getting ahead of myself.

If the case is ruled in favor of the plaintiffs, what does it mean in lay man terms? Are the benefits realized immediately or a victory of some sort is like a moral victory. I guess what am trying to understand is if indeed a ruling favorable to plaintiffs means an immediate increase in processing times - It seems to be beyond my comprehension especially considering the fact the huge number of pending cases....or can we expect some sort of change in rules for applicants with AOS

Can you please help me understand? I would really appreciate it.

Extending EAD every time causing other problems

I was reading other threads -'Horrible experineces at DMV while renewing Driver License', I felt like crying as it just happend to me. I cann't just explain in words.

Mr.Kanna please make a note of this point: Extending EAD every time and if do not get the EAD on time causing other problems:

The person has to go to DMV couple of times to get his Driver License extended and some times he has to go to a different center ( like in NJ, Trenton) and wasting half of the day.

If we do not get EAD on time. Thats it. We can't extend our Driver Licence and we can'nt drive.

The problem with BCIS receipt notice is: Usaully they mention some time like 60 to 90 days. But they do not issue another notice saying that 'Sorry it is taking more than 90 days and it will take another 30 days or so'.

With these receipt notices we can not convince officers in DMVs once the time in receipt notice passed.
The only solution to this EAD problem is: EAD should be valid till the date BCIS takes a decision on I-485.

Please excuse me if I'm wrong in any sence.

Thank you

forget about EAD man . Lets join the fight for GC when 485 case is pending for more than 180 days for adjucation. Most of the stupid problems will be resolved automatically once this happenes.

EAD and other problems

kash777,

I'm talking about this EAD extension problem with respect to I-485 backlog complaint only.

I'm just explaining what are the problems these I-485 applicants are facing.

Thank you,

I know . I am in the same que too . My EAD is expring tomorrow and there is no news on 3rd ead already filed extension over 100 days .There r lot of people like me or in worst situation than me . That is why I replied to fight for 485 backlog or adjucate cases over 180 days.

Re: Extending EAD every time causing other problems

Originally posted by NeelBuddy
I was reading other threads -'Horrible experineces at DMV while renewing Driver License', I felt like crying as it just happend to me. I cann't just explain in words.

Mr.Kanna please make a note of this point: Extending EAD every time and if do not get the EAD on time causing other problems:

The person has to go to DMV couple of times to get his Driver License extended and some times he has to go to a different center ( like in NJ, Trenton) and wasting half of the day.

If we do not get EAD on time. Thats it. We can't extend our Driver Licence and we can'nt drive.

The problem with BCIS receipt notice is: Usaully they mention some time like 60 to 90 days. But they do not issue another notice saying that 'Sorry it is taking more than 90 days and it will take another 30 days or so'.

With these receipt notices we can not convince officers in DMVs once the time in receipt notice passed.
The only solution to this EAD problem is: EAD should be valid till the date BCIS takes a decision on I-485.

Please excuse me if I'm wrong in any sence.

Thank you

I have noted. Do not worry.

Re: Question

Originally posted by M101
Dear Mr. Khanna:

The question stems from the fact that I do not understand the full legality nor do I understand the legal terminology within the complaint. (This question does not in any way undermines the hard work as well as a great effort put in by your law firm and scores of other plaintiffs). Also, I am hoping am not getting ahead of myself.

If the case is ruled in favor of the plaintiffs, what does it mean in lay man terms? Are the benefits realized immediately or a victory of some sort is like a moral victory. I guess what am trying to understand is if indeed a ruling favorable to plaintiffs m
eans an immediate increase in processing times - It seems to be beyond my comprehension especially considering the fact the huge number of pending cases....or can we expect some sort of change in rules for applicants with AOS

Can you please help me understand? I would really appreciate it.

Give me a little time. Let me get a sense of where things are with the govt. I will explain further.

* * * Edison, Plaintiff of I-485 litigation against USCIS - I-485 approved * * *

* * * Edison, Plaintiff of I-485 litigation against USCIS - I-485 approved * * *

I was surprised when I checked the online status of my I-485 application and that of my wife's. Our I-485 applications have been approved on February 11, 2004.

I'm one of the plaintiff of the lawsuit filed against USCIS by Law offices of Rajiv Khanna on behalf of ImmigrationPortal.com members, online community and few other employment based I-485 applicants challenging the delays in processing of Employment based I-485 applications.

I was expecting this surprise from CIS. My FP was about to expire with in next 10 days and also I mailed documents like Employment letter and recent pay stubs for EAD renewal. But I think neither FP nor EAD renewal triggerred my I-485 approval. I strongly believe that I-485 litigation against USCIS triggered my I-485 approval. Actually I planned to send an expedite request to VSC director on Friday (02/13/2004). This surprise approval saved me some energy, even otherwise I wouldn't be just sitting and whining instead I prefer to fight for my legal rights.

I would like to thank Rajiv for this wonderful immigration portal and also for all his help to address I-485 backlog issues. My special thanks to Kashmir, dsatish, ar888, Cinta, dengdeng, YJay, kash777, rk4gc, Raj Chandra, MrCoolz, 140_takes_4ever, frantic, ayansgp, goastros, tombaan, tr22, pingpong02, Jaxen, Sankrityayan,rajum ......... etc. Also I would like to thank all the forum members for sharing their experience and advice to keep this portal active.

I will continue to support all the actions of our community and that of our Core team to reform Legal Immigration system of USA.

I-485: RD:10/07/2002 ND:10/16/2002 AD:02/11/2004 Service Center: VSC

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I request all Employment based I-485 applicants (members of affected class) to Sign the petition to support Employment based I-485 Class Action lawsuit against USCIS.

Request for your support in I-485 litigation