Attached is the Complaint we have filed

Status
Not open for further replies.
EB based GC's for FY2002

DSatish
As per Cintas info through this website link says nearly 174,968 EB based GC's were approved. Altho in the same report it says at the bottom that 156,509 were issued. Either way they "seem" to have alloted the quota in 2002. I dont know if the numbers for 2003 are out but we can check.
The link for the above 2 numbers is
http://www.imwong.com/pdf/0204-CongressOnAddmissions.pdf
Then there is that "mythical" 20,000 daily GC figure that USCIS loves to put on its Fact sheet.

Lawsuit Update - Rajiv and Plaintiffs Need More Signatures For Class Action

Rajiv and Plaintiffs are planning to file Motion for Certfication of Class Action by tomorrow 2/27/2004,
however we have only 863 signatures in support of class counsel as of 5:45pm 2/26/2004 PST.
It is too much less than expected.
If you have not signed yet, please sign as soon as possible at:
http://boards.immigration.com/anthesys/TrackerPetition/signatoryForm.php?petId=4

We have time

The motion does not need an attachment. Just a commitment. We can keep signing over the next month or so.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Additional time after we give The 8 point Request?

Originally posted by rajum
Rajiv,
I have downloaded the file. I think we can expand the scope of the affidavits. We can take affidavits from people who suffered by delays but they got approved. Also we can take affidavits from people who has filed I-140's and not filed 485 because of their company policies. They are also suffering from the delays.

-rajum

There is no harm in doing that. Although, they are not yet class members. There is persuasive value in this.

What is "Social Security" any way?

What does "Social Security" mean for those of us who are here paying "Social Security Tax" for more than 6 years and now waiting in one or the other stage of green card process?

I read some with I485 went through hard times at DMV for license renewals.
Is that "Social Security" not supposed to protect us from the harassments in any form?

Can you please argue on this point? Does this point have any weightage at all?
Also, in case a green card case is either denied or undecided, are we entitled to claim refund of all "Social Security Tax" back?

What is this "Social Security" any way?
:confused:

Best wishes for Rajiv's efforts to bring peace to all of us.

hi rajiv

Dear Rajiv,
Thanks for your excellent service for the community.
I have filed my 140 and 485 on Aug 28th and my company decided to go for liquidating and they have terminated everyone. Ofcourse both my 140 and 485 are pending in CSC service center. I have EAD and Advance parole, Can I be the plantiff of the lawsuit? If I get RFE for my 140 what options do I have? I am already in 7th year H1b extension. Since I have passed 180 days Can you take my case? I have already signed the litigation.

Re: hi rajiv

Originally posted by t22
Dear Rajiv,
Thanks for your excellent service for the community.
I have filed my 140 and 485 on Aug 28th and my company decided to go for liquidating and they have terminated everyone. Ofcourse both my 140 and 485 are pending in CSC service center. I have EAD and Advance parole, Can I be the plantiff of the lawsuit? If I get RFE for my 140 what options do I have? I am already in 7th year H1b extension. Since I have passed 180 days Can you take my case? I have already signed the litigation.

We will help the best we can. Call Rena at extesnion 102 in our office. We can talk.

thanks Rajiv

I will call her tomorrow (Monday) morning.
Thanks,
Kash777,
Thankyou for your advise.

Waiting for the government to respond

Originally posted by joyd
what's the latest on the lawsuit?

April 30 is the dealine for them to respond to our motion for certification of class.

Re: Waiting for the government to respond

Originally posted by operations
April 30 is the dealine for them to respond to our motion for certification of class.

Thanks.

AC21 is under threat ....

Rajiv,

You must be aware of the new Ohata memo that was released to service centers on March 31 2004. I read it on Murthy Bulletin today.

Given the directions in the memo, the I140 will be placed on hold till I485 is ready for processing. This is like a death knell for AC21 Act. How can we change jobs now without an approved I140.

Can you talk to USCIS and in AILA about this and get some memo out saying that irrespecticve of I140 approval, if 6 months have passed since 485 was filed, AC21 can be used to change jobs.

If there is no such provision, half of the I140s are going to be denied since 485 is taking 2-3 years for adjudication. We all know USCIS is not agreeing to quick adjudication of 485... so they cannot hammer the GC applicants on both fronts - The AC21 and I485.

Can this position of USCIS be a criteria for a Law Suit since they are diluting the whole AC21 act for GC applicatns ?

Regards,
will_get_there

ohata memo on concurrent

the boss Ohata may not even know that by doing this he is screwing up the AC21 portabilty option. Someone needs to tell him that

Please speak loud for us ! Give some hope for this new memo thing. Nobody can afford another 2 or 3 years of waiting.

It is not fair for those concurrent filers at all. We already made the best decision based on their regulations at that time. Now they just change the rules without considering our situations ???

The BCIS must rank very high in customer satisfaction. If you look closely at the facts our employers /attorneys are the actual customers for BCIS and BCIS definitely serves their customers interest very well. So Ohata's email should be taken in that light. If employees are allowed to switch then that would mean that the employers will not get the appropriate return on their investment and if that happens then the customers are going to file less GCs. Call me cynical .. but after spending 2 years on the GC row it seems to be the best explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.