Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIR or Traditional from Atlanta or NY - EXPERTS HELP PLEASE

HI,
I am in a dilemma wheather to file my labor in a RIR category or Traditional from NC/Atlanta region. Given the present situation (where there are lay offs etc) could anyone of you advise me the best approach that I could take? I am thinking by going thru the RIR route, I could get my work permit within 1 1/2 yrs wheras thru traditional, chances look bleak.

I also have choice to apply from New York as well thru traditional approach. Let me know if this would be a better option than Atlanta.

Please feel to express your thoughts..I need all of your suggestions in making a good decision..

Thank you..

meera55 said:
HI,
I am in a dilemma wheather to file my labor in a RIR category or Traditional from NC/Atlanta region. Given the present situation (where there are lay offs etc) could anyone of you advise me the best approach that I could take? I am thinking by going thru the RIR route, I could get my work permit within 1 1/2 yrs wheras thru traditional, chances look bleak.

I also have choice to apply from New York as well thru traditional approach. Let me know if this would be a better option than Atlanta.

Please feel to express your thoughts..I need all of your suggestions in making a good decision..

Thank you..

Hi meera55, in Atlanta DOL RIR and Non RIR are moving in parallel and regarding New York you have to post this question in New York thread, they might have the better idea.

Hi Some_GreenCard

Physical passport may not be necessary. But you'll need copies to file with 140/485.

You may want to take a copy of full set of the passport (include all 32 pages) front and back before sending it to revalidation.

Its also very useful to take color copy of your picture page in the passport. My friend got a query to send a color copy of the page.

Just check with your attorney too !

4th June 2004 02:22 PM
Some_GreenCard Hi Gurus,

My Labor is pending in ATL DOL for past one year and expecting to be cleared in few months (if everything goes well in ATL DOL). Meantime iam planning to revalidate my passport, since iam planning to travel out of country in near future.
If i send my passport for revalidation , i need to know should i require original passport for filing I 140/485. What are the implications of sending passport for revalidation and filing I 140/485 ? Please help.

Thanks

Hi Reddy20,
Thank you for your response. How about SESA? Are they also processing RIR and non RIR in parellel as well?
Thanks

Just to break the long silence...

Why the forum is so silent today? Is there any update from Jan/Feb guys(shirs,ADOL,unk3) as we hope DOL would have finished Feb cases?

Job Title change

gurus/attorneys

Please help and give some good suggetions,

my company applied my labor in RIR as senior business analyst,still my labor is in process,but i want change my job title to an Engineer(both job responsibilites are same and i am getting more with new job title)

Is it ok if i change my title,what letters are precautions should i take care.

Continuing labor process is very important to me.

please give some advises/

thanks in advance.\
Jaya

job title change

my understanding is that you can not even change job profile or even your title during the RIR process. i have been dinged myself as I've been trying to get a promotion. my company wouldn't even let me get a senior title even though my job profile is not going to change even a bit.

check with your attorney before making any changes to the job title.

jcreddy said:
gurus/attorneys

Please help and give some good suggetions,

my company applied my labor in RIR as senior business analyst,still my labor is in process,but i want change my job title to an Engineer(both job responsibilites are same and i am getting more with new job title)

Is it ok if i change my title,what letters are precautions should i take care.

Continuing labor process is very important to me.

please give some advises/

thanks in advance.\
Jaya

I changed my job title from Developer to Senior Developer (Exact same job functions). I talked to HR before getting the promotion and they said it should not be problem since they both come under the same category as far as our company is concerned, I guess they both are advertised the same way.
If I was not supposed to do that I guess I took my chances.

How about after RIR Labor is approved and the person is in 140/485 stage, can one accept a promotion in this case.

thanks

thanks guys,
i want take a chance,my concern was if i take experience letter with old job tiltle which is useful fot 485/140 process ,that should be fine right.

thanks,give some more ideas.

Here's something to make some noise. :p
Just learned that one of the case from my company got certified. The case was recd at ATL DOL on 03/10/03 (DOT code 039.162-010). No further details available. Waiting for mine with RD 03/23. :)

gc_sc said:
Itna Sannata kyu hai bhai (quote A.K. Hangal from Sholey)

adibazz-

How did you come to know that? Is that through AVM? Just curious to know that how often AVM gets updated. :)

Yes That was from AVM, Tamil. I talked to my employer after that and he was not aware. He is going to talk to Lawyer and get further detail.

btw, I checked the AVM very first time yesterday, after I saw number of people on this forum (including you) saying it was updated recently. I couldn't pay attention about when that case was certified though. I will check again tonight probably.

TAMIL_GC said:
adibazz-

How did you come to know that? Is that through AVM? Just curious to know that how often AVM gets updated. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.