Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Interview Details:

Appt time: 12.15 PM (Tucker location, 2150 Parklake dr, off of Lavista and I-285)
Reached there around 11.20, checked in on the 2nd floor at 11.25.
Was called in around 11.30, interview took about 15 minutes. IO was an African American woman, to-the-point, business like manner, but not rude or unpleasant. (My wife was interviewed by an AA male, he was extremely courteous and polite)

Started with Civics:
When was decl of independence adopted
Longest river
First 10 amendments are called..
We elect President for how many years
Name of the Speaker of the House
Who lived here before the colonists

There were about 10 printed questions on the form she had for me, I got the first 6 right and she stopped. I guess the other 4 or more are extra questions in case you get some wrong.

Then she did the read/write part (very simple statements like "Abe Lincoln was the President during the Civil War")

Then she went through my N-400 app, including my travel out of country (I had one trip after mailing N-400, she updated the application), then she asked me about my employment, who/when/where etc (she saw that I have lived in different states but employed with the same company, and questioned about that)

Then she went through the "Yes/No" questions (citations, communist party, ever registered to vote, paid taxes, any taxes due, etc etc all the stuff from the N-400 app).

I was not asked to produce any documentation other than my passport, GC, driver's license. Not even the details of my citations that they asked for in the Yellow letter (they called it "arrest" in the YL). When she asked if I had been arrested/detained/cited etc, I said I have a couple of citations, she looked at the details I had filled in on N-400 (speeding, open container) and asked me if those dates and details were correct, I said yes, and she moved on.

She had me sign the application, said she was recommending approval and asked if I would be willing to take the oath today at 2 PM.

Oath ceremony took about an hour, there were about 150 of us there. We were out of the building by 3.30 PM.

Hello,
I would like to know if Atlanta holds Oath ceremonies on mondays. I have interview on monday 11/15/2010. I look every where and it looks like everyone's interview was on tuesday or wednesday. Please advice.

I had my interview today, late in the afternoon in Atlanta. After the interview I was given N-652 indicating "passed" and "recommended/approved". I was also told that I will be notified about the oath ceremony. Thought that in Atlanta, they let you know the oath data after the interview. Is this unusual? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

My wife had her interview and Oath yesterday. As of Oct 14, 2010 she is now US citizen. I am still wating to hear from my IO. She assured me after my interview that I will get a response within a week but now it's more than a month and so far no update. She wanted to review my application before approving the case. Should I contact my State representative or wait other month or two? Please advise

Thank you

Last minute check
Is there a checklist that i should follow other than the standard one they mailed to me

My interview is on Oct 19 945am

Im a tad nervous

Interview schedule 945
Interview start 10:00
Interview complete 10.12 (pass)
Oath letter 2pm (recv 11:00)

Lunch now returning to bldg 145 to be sworn in

Excited ;)

Interview Passed; No Oath

I passed the interview today. My interview was scheduled at 1:45 PM. So, I went in at 12:20 PM hoping for an earlier interview. But, I wasn't called in until 2:05 PM. Interview was straight-forward, although, the officer saw that my Birth Certificate was not exactly the same as my usual first/middle/last name. Rather, my last name was an initial in my original Indian birth-certificate. So, he said that it will be a "name-change" and should undergo a judicial oath ceremony. So, the wait continues. Arrgh...

Got my N-652 -- pass report for the interview.

I had my interview today, late in the afternoon in Atlanta. After the interview I was given N-652 indicating "passed" and "recommended/approved". I was also told that I will be notified about the oath ceremony. Thought that in Atlanta, they let you know the oath data after the interview. Is this unusual? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I had precisely the same experience. Interview at 2:45. Went through all questions of the file again. Was asked to write a sentence. Asked Six questions. After the interview I was given N-652 indicating "passed" and "recommended/approved". I was also told that I will be notified about the oath ceremony after another review within 4-6 weaks.

I will go through the forum pages to see if other people have had similar experiences.

Interview Details:

Appt time: 12.15 PM (Tucker location, 2150 Parklake dr, off of Lavista and I-285)
Reached there around 11.20, checked in on the 2nd floor at 11.25.
Was called in around 11.30, interview took about 15 minutes. IO was an African American woman, to-the-point, business like manner, but not rude or unpleasant. (My wife was interviewed by an AA male, he was extremely courteous and polite)

Started with Civics:
When was decl of independence adopted
Longest river
First 10 amendments are called..
We elect President for how many years
Name of the Speaker of the House
Who lived here before the colonists

There were about 10 printed questions on the form she had for me, I got the first 6 right and she stopped. I guess the other 4 or more are extra questions in case you get some wrong.

Then she did the read/write part (very simple statements like "Abe Lincoln was the President during the Civil War")

Then she went through my N-400 app, including my travel out of country (I had one trip after mailing N-400, she updated the application), then she asked me about my employment, who/when/where etc (she saw that I have lived in different states but employed with the same company, and questioned about that)

Then she went through the "Yes/No" questions (citations, communist party, ever registered to vote, paid taxes, any taxes due, etc etc all the stuff from the N-400 app).

I was not asked to produce any documentation other than my passport, GC, driver's license. Not even the details of my citations that they asked for in the Yellow letter (they called it "arrest" in the YL). When she asked if I had been arrested/detained/cited etc, I said I have a couple of citations, she looked at the details I had filled in on N-400 (speeding, open container) and asked me if those dates and details were correct, I said yes, and she moved on.

She had me sign the application, said she was recommending approval and asked if I would be willing to take the oath today at 2 PM.

Oath ceremony took about an hour, there were about 150 of us there. We were out of the building by 3.30 PM.

I was asked to write the same sentence as you and also asked the same six questions.

My wife had interview today @3:15pm. Same as everyone else, passed, got recommended letter. Waiting for oath letter now. All took 20 minutes.

Hi,

Just received the email from the USCIS notifying me that my case had been transferred to a local office. So, I'm wondering how long it'll be before the interview appointment. Any guesses. The USCIS is reporting that the Atlanta office is N400 are taking five months, I was hoping that it was going faster than that! Also, I am wondering whether it's typical to get this message before receiving the yellow letter (YL), does this mean I'm unlikely to get one, and just wait for the interview letter (IL). Well, I guess I'm just nervous, asking questions! Thanks for any help.

becky

DO:Atlanta
08/13/2010 : Received Date
08/13/2010 : Priority Date
08/24/2010 : Rec. FP Letter
09/08/2010 : FP Scheduled
09/08/2010 : FP Done
10/22/2010 : Email from USCIS saying that case had been transferred to local office
xx/xx/20xx : Interview Letter
xx/xx/20xx : Interview...

Hi,

Just received the email from the USCIS notifying me that my case had been transferred to a local office. So, I'm wondering how long it'll be before the interview appointment. Any guesses. The USCIS is reporting that the Atlanta office is N400 are taking five months, I was hoping that it was going faster than that! Also, I am wondering whether it's typical to get this message before receiving the yellow letter (YL), does this mean I'm unlikely to get one, and just wait for the interview letter (IL). Well, I guess I'm just nervous, asking questions! Thanks for any help.

becky

DO:Atlanta
10/22/2010 : Email from USCIS saying that case had been transferred to local office

Your IL will arrived within a week,and you should have your interview within a month. Good luck!

I received YL before my IL,but not everyone gets one.some of the folks here had never received YL.

Your IL will arrived within a week,and you should have your interview within a month. Good luck!

I received YL before my IL,but not everyone gets one.some of the folks here had never received YL.

Thank you.

I got my YL letter today. I had traffic tickets and so I got the alarming one about "you indicated you have been arrested" that's really scary (especially as I have not been arrested). I wonder why they can't modify the letter to say "you indicated you may have been arrested."

Wow, one month, time to start learning about civics!

becky

10/22/2010 : (later in the day) yellow letter arrives...

Timeline between interview and Oath

How long does it take to receive oath letter in Atlanta?

I just received interview letter. The interview is scheduled @2:15 pm. Is there a chance (if I go little early) in my case to have interview and oath in sameday?

Thanks

My wife had interview today @3:15pm. Same as everyone else, passed, got recommended letter. Waiting for oath letter now. All took 20 minutes.

Is there a chance (if I go little early) in my case to have interview and oath in sameday?

Thanks
Mine was scheduled at 1:45 PM. I waited from 12:10 PM. They put the applications in separate trays assorted by time-slots -- 12:30, 12:45; 1:00 etc. So nobody touched 1:45 PM tray until 2 PM. When I was called for the interview, it was 2:05 PM. But, the officer stated that I had to undergo a namechange because my last name is initialized in the BC. Even assuming there was no namechange, I would not have received same-day oath because of the time.

Mine was scheduled at 1:45 PM. I waited from 12:10 PM. They put the applications in separate trays assorted by time-slots -- 12:30, 12:45; 1:00 etc. So nobody touched 1:45 PM tray until 2 PM. When I was called for the interview, it was 2:05 PM. But, the officer stated that I had to undergo a namechange because my last name is initialized in the BC. Even assuming there was no namechange, I would not have received same-day oath because of the time.

Thanks Poongunranar.

I guess I have no option other than make two trips.