Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

ok got my IL and interview date

Now i may run into some possible issues - selective services
I need some suggestions on what to do next.
I arrived in the USA on Jan 1986 as an F-1 Student visa. Remained student till 1993
I applied for H1-B and got approved prior to PR
Aug 1994 - become a permanent resident (age=26+ Born May 1966)

Does anyone see the above an issue to get a "status of information letter" from Selective Services

Some BG info that applies to my situation
Non-U.S. male on a valid non-immigrant visa
For example, if the man entered the United States as an F-1 student visa and remained in that status until his 26th birthday, he would need to provide documentation indicating that he was admitted on an F-1 visa and attended school full-time as required. Acceptable documentation for this situation include a copy of his I-20 form or a letter from the school he attended indicating his full-time attendance as a non-immigrant alien. The same thing applies for all non-immigrant statuses.

Last edited by a moderator:
emno, you didn't update your signature but your interview has been scheduled at last? Congratulations!

As I've previously written, I had a 1:15pm interview appointment time, did not go early (I arrived at security in the building at 1:04pm), had quite a long wait before my interview and was then scheduled for oath 11 days later. So I had an extra wait and an extra trip to the USCIS office, compared with most Atlanta filers.

So ... 1:40pm appointment time doesn't look too encouraging for same-day oath, but if you are so inclined of course you could try the go-early strategy that has recently been successful for some people with interview appointments between noon and 1pm. I'm sure we all agree that the main thing is to get through the process successfully, and obtain US citizenship! In future years, I doubt I'll remember that I had an extra wait for the oath ceremony. From a long-term perspective, it doesn't seem important.

Very best of luck with your long-delayed interview!

Updated now. Thanks for reminding. I has almost forgot it after so long wait.
I wil try to reach thrre around 12 and see if yjey allow me to go in.
thanks for your well wishes.
I will join the elite like you soon.

Good news friends. I got my interview letter today. Both me and my wife have the same day and same time interview. I am wondering if they would interview both of us at the same time. Very good tip by Laststep, My wife received the yellow letter asking her to bring her driver license but not me. Oh well. I am not losing any sleep over it.:). My interview is scheduled at 8:45 am on October 21. I am hoping to get the whole thing done same day. Thank you for the advise on watching the video. I am planning on watching it tomorrow. Both me and my wife have the CD in our cars and we are listening to it everyday over and over again. This is going to be our favorite music between now and Oct 21..

07/08/2010 - Mailed Application
07/11/2010 - Priority date
07/15/2010 - Received receipt
07/22/2010 - FP letter received scheduled for 8/11/2010
08/11/2010 - FP done as schedule
09/15/2010 - SMS and email received case being transferred to local office
09/18/2010 - Interview letter received
10/21/2010 - Interview scheduled.

Emno : it's hard to say at what time you need to come regarding your late appointment. But I will try as you said to come at noon. Good luck!

AlamSyed : I'm glad that you received your IL. As I said, my husband and I got the same time appointment but my husband got the interview earlier (15mn). So same time appointment doesn't mean same time for the interview. It's good also to practice with the flash cards that you can find on the USCIS. Good luck !

Just to add to what "Laststep" mentioned above for "AlamSyed":

If both husband and wife get interviews for the same day, maybe same time, does not mean that they will be interviewed by the same officer. There are more than a dozen IOs, almost all of them very friendly and professional.

Thank you again everyone. What are the chances that I will get the oath same day. I am planning to travel very soon after the oath. It sounds like everyone is getting their oath the same day pretty much unless there is something in their case that prevents them from taking an oath. Are they having oath ceremony on a weekly basis now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Received citizenship certificate in the mail yesterday. Very efficient process from start to finish
District – ATLANTA - 5 year based
05/12/2010: N-400 Sent - Lewisville, TX (via FEDEX)
05/14/2010: N-400 Rec.
05/22/2010: Checks Cashed.
05/26/2010: NOA Received
06/03/2010: Rec. FP letter
06/17/2010: FP Scheduled
06/17/2010: FP done
08/05/2010: Case sent to local off.
08/10/2010: Interview Letter
09/07/2010: Interview Date
09/07/2010: Oath Date
09/09/2010: Passport Application
09/25/2010: Passport Received

Congrats. You are done with USCIS.
I am still waiting for my oath letter. hope to hear soon.

Hi, friends,

I lived in Birmingham, AL and received my interview letter yesterday. I will be interviewed in Altanta at 7:45 am, Nov 03. can I assume that I will have same day oath? if yes, will it be morning or afternoon? thanks.

Hi, friends,

I lived in Birmingham, AL and received my interview letter yesterday. I will be interviewed in Altanta at 7:45 am, Nov 03. can I assume that I will have same day oath? if yes, will it be morning or afternoon? thanks.

Yes.
Afternoon.

After the interview and the IO recommends for approval, the recommendation is generally reviewed by a supervisor. The IO will tell when would your oath be. The latest oath during a day is at 2 pm. USCIS needs some time for the preparation of the Naturalization Certificate. A successful interview at 1.45 pm is most likely to get oath on a different day. I myself have gone in about an hour early because my spouse had appointment 30 minutes before me, but I had to wait till a few minutes after my scheduled interview time. I noticed from the previous posts that there are some people who were in early and got interviewed early. What is important for you is a successful interview, and you can request the IO for the earliest oath possible. Good luck.