Atlanta DOL Update

kumsur

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everybody, I happened to call ATL DOL today. Since the AVM was not working I called the other no and asked the lady about my case. First she said that they are processing middle to latter part of March. Since I have the RD of March 28, I pressed for my case info. After looking it up, she said that a remand was issued to the employer on July 22. That means that it was already taken up for processing. Concerned I called th attorny. They already received that remand today. According to them the DOL has raised dome minor issues which they expect to resolve pretty soon. So I guess the March 28 guys should be ready to hear something about their cases too. Keep us posted. Somehow in the old discission, it doesn\'t post on the top so I am starting it again here.

No Title

Hi Gking, Actually I don\'t think they are updating the AVM at all. This is evident from the fact that although the lady I spoke to said that they are processing mid to latter March (remember they are already conservative in their statements so if thay say it is latter part of March, I think they are already working on March 28 cases) when I checked the AVM today, for my case it still says the same thing it has been saying all these months while the fact is they have already issued a remand on July 22. Also almost all the cases of March 12 thru March 19 still says the same thing while in my opinion those cases might already have been approved. Also I really don\'t think whether or not they issue or update something on Saturday or Sunday has any relevence. It has happened in the past too. As for my remand, what happened that when the attorny submitted the ads from the newspapers, he just submitted the copies of the newspaper clipping. The DOL wants to see the actual teer sheet or copy of microfish of the newspaper that gives the name and the date of the newspaper. The attorny said that it was a normal practice for him to send the copy of the newapaper and the DOL never raised any issue about it, but they are getting very picky about the RIR these days in the wake of current economic slowdown. I don\'t know whom to believe but is certainly means more delay for me. Now we have to find out some of those newspapers from the library and make copy from the microfish. We already have some of the original newspaper teer sheets. I am not sure whether that is sufficient. What a mess.

No Title

I called the Atlanta DOL and the lady told me that they\'re working on the March 28th cases so I\'ll get some kind of response from them in 2 weeks....so it look like they working on it...we\'ll be getting the hard copy by end of next month atleast

No Title

she gave me the general information only though I insisted her to check my status individually...

It\'s certified !!!

I just spoke to the lady in ATL DOL and she told me that my case has been certified on Jul 27th(which is today)..I don\'t know how...but she said my attorny will receive that in a week....btw my RD is march 28th only...good news will come to all of you guys too... keep this forum informed..

No Title

That is exactly what happened to my case, except they caught it at the state level and said Atlanta would not approve without name of paper and date. It cost us a few weeks at the state level; but there was no problem with Atlanta. The employer also indicated that the other cases she had filed, they had NEVER had that as a requirement.

No Title

I don\'t know the transfer date of my case to ATL DOL but the receving date is march 28th

my case is certified

my RD is MArch 28, adn the lady from munber 404-562-2115 told me my case is certified on July 27.
see you guys later on 140 section

another mar.28

More Detail:

Dec. 13: filed with ATL SESA
Mar. 3: transfered to DOL
Mar. 28: received by DOL
Jul. 26: certified

No Title

Gking,

Actually I have no idea why it took such a long time for the transfer. It had been stated in the letter from SESA that my case had been transfered to DOL on Mar.8.

I found out the status of my case by calling DOL. You also can have a try, and may find some good news is waiting for you!

Good luck!

Florida SESA/Atlanta DOL

Hello Everybody,

Can someone please let me know how to get the case number from Florida SESA or Atlanta DOL. My Labor was filed at Florida SESA on 9th April 2001.Can someone please help me in this regard.

Thanks
Kriss

No Title

Call at no. 850-921-3828. Probably you would talk to a person named Ruby Claire. Ask her your case details. Probably she won\'t tell you everything as you are not the HR or the attorney. But atleast she can tell you what date she is processing. Then you can Call Atlanta DOL either at AVM on 404-562-2131 or at 404-562-2115 to talk to somebody. Your case should have been forwarded from FL SESA to ATL DOL by now.