Asking for the latest update on pending case.

EAD approval or asylum approval or BOTH???

We should expect a good news from you.

Today, I received a mail together with EAD card. However, I'm confused because I don't know whether the EAD has been issued because of the pending or because of an approved asylum case. I applied for EAD a month ago because of the 150 day rule. The mail I received today says my application (quoting RECEIPT NUMBER FOR MY ASYLUM (I-589) APPLICATION) has been approved. I checked the online status using this receipt # and now it reads: " On September 1, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION". Before this, it used to be something like "Error: Your case not found..."

When I check my online status using the (different) receipt number for the EAD (I-75 ) application that I filed 1 month ago, it has not changed since. It still reads:
"On August 3, 2009, we received this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION and request that we waive the filing fee. We have waived the filing fee and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. ...."

The EAD is valid for two years. Is my asylum application approved, or it's still pending? (Thanks in advance for your input).

Last edited by a moderator:
You said it already that the EAD is valid for two years. It looks to me like you are approved.

yes, the EAD expires in Aug 2011.
However, there was no accompanying asylum grant letter.

On the card, under the "terms and conditions", it is written "None"

or they sent it to the wrong address, call your lawyer to see if he got a copy of the asylum grant letter

I had/have no lawyer. Should I call the help desk, or I should wait a couple more days?

call the asylum office next Tuesday and explain to them your EAD status and that you didn't get the asylum grant letter, you will surely need it. your new I-94 and the grant letter.... no harm at all in calling them ASAP.

Enjoy...

call the asylum office next Tuesday and explain to them your EAD status and that you didn't get the asylum grant letter, you will surely need it. your new I-94 and the grant letter.... no harm at all in calling them ASAP.

Enjoy...

Thanks Raziel! I'll do just that on Tue.

Don't call my friend, they will ask you to return your precious EAD.:D I am playing you.
You are definitely approved and Raziel is right, call the Asylum Office Tuesday and I am sure they will mail the approval package if they have not done so yet.
Good Luck!!!

I read somewhere, that after filing a case,
It is really confusing, because the USCIS and FBI stated that as of July 98% of the name checks will be cleared in 60 days and the remaining 2% in 120 days. It did not succeed because my background check is pending more than 120 days if we regard the beginning of july.

Norb

I think that new policy applies only to AOS applications (I-485). Asylum applications have low priority and don't have to meet the new policy. Correct me if I am wrong.

Don't call my friend, they will ask you to return your precious EAD.:D I am playing you.
You are definitely approved and Raziel is right, call the Asylum Office Tuesday and I am sure they will mail the approval package if they have not done so yet.
Good Luck!!!

:D (still half-smile). thanks Viaperlmo. And, are you the "she" who had talked of planning to get married? I'm a "he" and I'm thinking about the same if all goes well --- why don't we...? [Jokes.]

:D (still half-smile). thanks Viaperlmo. And, are you the "she" who had talked of planning to get married? I'm a "he" and I'm thinking about the same if all goes well --- why don't we...? [Jokes.]

You are so sweet Kika and I am sure you would be a nice husband however I have a girlfriend.:eek: I know this will scare a lot of forum members but that's the reality.

That's a bummer, good luck in your search Kica

Thanks all for the brief joke. I didn't mean to turn this very important forum into something else. I learned so much from this forum that I owe the forum members much respect. About ViaPerlamo's status, I'm saying I've no problem with you, although I feel my 'search space' has been dwindled a little. [It's true though that I need soul asylum after being granted political asylum :D ] Best of luck to everyone.