Asking for the latest update on pending case.

Did you receive the decision? It's been over 2 weeks since they promised you.

Not yet assylum :mad:. Start counting the 2 weeks from 07/22/09 when I had the re-interview . It's only 1 week (and 1 day to be accurate).
Meanwhile, I just filed my EAD application yesterday, after exactly 150 days pending asylum application. I'll keep you informed of any new development.

At this point, it looks like if the AO has denied your case, the SAO may want to sign the notification and send it out after you have received your EAD. If it is still on the AO hands, then the decision might not have been made yet. I don't how true this can be, but a pro-buono lawyer told me this after I applied for EAD and even though I received it six weeks ago, I still don't have any response from the AO.

At this point, it looks like if the AO has denied your case, the SAO may want to sign the notification and send it out after you have received your EAD. If it is still on the AO hands, then the decision might not have been made yet. I don't how true this can be, but a pro-buono lawyer told me this after I applied for EAD and even though I received it six weeks ago, I still don't have any response from the AO.

I should just prepare for wait longer as well... By the way, what is SAO?

:p:p:p some patience assylum :)

I am patient. I have been waiting since March/09 with no initial decision.
Kica and viapalermo have been waiting since April/09
Aliwa is in worst situation. He/she has been waiting since 7/08
so we are all patients.

Waiting is ok but there is a limit. I want either NTA or a recommended approval.

I think seeing a judge is much better than dealing with uscis.
At least a judge gives you a specific date to come back and doesn't play games with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pending asylum

Hi,

I have the same problem. My asylum case is pending as of 18th March 2009, I have been interviewed on 29th April 2009. I got the notice at the end of the interview, to come back to that office, to pick up the decision, but before the date a letter was delivered to my mailbox indicating that I do not have to go back to pick up the decision, so the scheduled date was cancelled and the decision will be mailed for me at a later time.

My case is pending and I am really confused, I do not know how much time I should wait.

When I called the Asylum Office, one of the employees told me that no decision has been made, waiting for the background check.

Any idea or suggestion???

Thanks a lot and good luck to others.

Hi,

When I called the Asylum Office, one of the employees told me that no decision has been made, waiting for the background check.

Any idea or suggestion???

Did they tell it is pending because they are waiting for a background check?

If yes, then I think you are approved. Why didn't they send you a recommended approval letter?

Asylum

Did they tell it is pending because they are waiting for a background check?

If yes, then I think you are approved. Why didn't they send you a recommended approval letter?

Hi assylum,

Thank you so much for your reply.

When I called them, they told me that my case is pending because they are waiting for the background check. It was the answer.

Thanks again.

Hi assylum,

Thank you so much for your reply.

When I called them, they told me that my case is pending because they are waiting for the background check. It was the answer.

Thanks again.
They usually issue a recommended approval if the backgroun check is pending. Correct me if I am wrong

I think you are approved but lets see what other members say.

Thank you so much for your answers, I really appreciate it. I have just one question. Soon the 150-day period will expire and I am going to file my I-765 EAD application. Once, it is received am I entitled to apply for SSN because witout it no one will employ me.

Thanks again.

Thank you so much for your answers, I really appreciate it. I have just one question. Soon the 150-day period will expire and I am going to file my I-765 EAD application. Once, it is received am I entitled to apply for SSN because witout it no one will employ me.

Thanks again.

EAD based on (pending asylum or recommened approval) makes you entitled to get restricted SSN.
E-verify will be able to verify it

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a painful question, unfortunately, Assylum didn't get the decision yet but he will, soon.

If you have received the EAD already, find a job, enroll to classes, i e keep yourself busy, they will make the decision one day and will notify us. I remember the first two weeks following my interview, I was almost sleeping at the mailbox waiting for the envelope. Did that change anything?? NO.
I now check my mailbox almost every other day.
I am looking for a second job. I will be taking 13 credit hours next fall. I won't have the time to worry about this.
It doesn't mean that I don't care rather I don't see what I can do to speed up this process except waiting. Good luck all!!

I will be taking 13 credit hours next fall. I won't have the time to worry about this.!

I graduated with a degree in Computer Science. I am currently working on my GRE to enroll in a graduate school. I am planning to start this coming Fall.

I hope that you, kica, and hammu hear a good news soon. God bless all of you.