• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

April 2015 Visa Bulletin Released

AFRICA 32,700 Except:
Egypt: 20,900
Ethiopia: 25,750
ASIA 5,275
EUROPE 30,300
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 6
OCEANIA 1,075
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN 1,025
Disappointing but not unexpected! Hopefully this month's slow increase will be compensated by a considerable jump in next month's VB, though I doubt it. I think Simon's next update of CEAC data will give us a probable indication of how things are going once we see how many visas have been issued to date!

I was hoping for at least 32000 for EU, considering that I'm EU418xx I really hope for some bigger jump on next VIsaBulletin, hope I will get my interview on September...

Looking back at past VB Numbers, it seems that 2014 took a massive hit, the big 3 didn't go current.

Why is this? Before 2014 all regions always went current, after that the number becomes very low

I have just become current from Egypt 19xxx, I have submitted the forms on june and then unlocked it in october and added my newborn child and resubmitted in late october, Do I expect 2NL soon?
and I'm worried of people in Cairo Embassy getting Administrative processing is there an explanation for that?
Thanks

Looking back at past VB Numbers, it seems that 2014 took a massive hit, the big 3 didn't go current.

Why is this? Before 2014 all regions always went current, after that the number becomes very low
They pick a lot of winners. Why is it done? I think 1) mess plus the lack of basic knowledge of mathematics in the manual. No knowledge of division, multiplication, additions on the calculator.2) Revenge of Crete Amin for court winners 1.05.2011.

I think they want to be sure that 50K+ visas are issued every year, but this year is a mess because of the DS-260 procedure. Next year the whole process will be faster or they will basically choose less people at first (just my opinion).

Not being selected at all is much better than being selected but not getting interviewed because your cn is too high. Sad reality. Already had my American dream up and running

Man
Any explanation why Asia is getting slower and slower each dv year? It seems very likely this year's cutoff will be much lower than last year, probably in the 10-10,500 ballpark

With numbers this slow, KCC might as well abolish the DV program altogether.
Some lawmakers in the Senate have been trying to shut the program down for many years now, but I don't think it'll happen anytime soon...they just don't have any viable alternative to offer and so they can't win the debate yet.

They pick a lot of winners. Why is it done? I think 1) mess plus the lack of basic knowledge of mathematics in the manual. No knowledge of division, multiplication, additions on the calculator.2) Revenge of Crete Amin for court winners 1.05.2011.
It's a guess game I think (too many Vs too few), the Department of State can't anticipate how many people will actually check their Entrant Status Check in May each year (for countless reasons: some people forget, others don't know that they need to check and instead wait for an email from the DoS that may never come, etc.), and so if they select very few people, they may run the risk of not exhausting the 50K annual visa target (running a 2nd random selection in case they run out of selectees before the 50k target is even less practical because if somebody was not selected in May they may be less likely to check the ESC again months later).
That's why the DoS would rather have too many selectees than too few... If you look at historical data for FY2012 for example, VBs jumped so high month after month, and the last months every single remaining selectee went current because time was running out and the DoS wanted to make sure they exhaust their 50K target.

It's a guess game I think (too many Vs too few), the Department of State can't anticipate how many people will actually check their Entrant Status Check in May each year (for countless reasons: some people forget, others don't know that they need to check and instead wait for an email from the DoS that may never come, etc.), and so if they select very few people, they may run the risk of not exhausting the 50K annual visa target (running a 2nd random selection in case they run out of selectees before the 50k target is even less practical because if somebody was not selected in May they may be less likely to check the ESC again months later).
That's why the DoS would rather have too many selectees than too few... If you look at historical data for FY2012 for example, VBs jumped so high month after month, and the last months every single remaining selectee went current because time was running out and the DoS wanted to make sure they exhaust their 50K target.

...and they still didn't reach their target in 2012 so they are now being over cautious (from their perspective) to ensure they have enough people to give visas too.

...and they still didn't reach their target in 2012 so they are now being over cautious (from their perspective) to ensure they have enough people to give visas too.

And it would be bitterly hilarious if they undershot this year because of the DS-260 fiasco.

Why they chose a quota of 50,000 in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013. For insurance, there is an additional delivery. In 2014 and 2015, Kentucky spitting on people and specifically chose a lot of winners.