• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

April 2015 Visa Bulletin Released

Because this lottery it's very important for me. In 2013 I requested the B2 visa and it was denied 2 times because I don't have "strong ties" here in Italy. Also ESTA it's been refused because I had to answer YES to the question " have you ever been refused a visa'" so I can't go to u.s. neither in vacation , as I did for the last 20 years! My mom is a u.s. Citizen and it's almost 3 years that I can't see her. It's so unfair.
So this is the reason why I'm so afraid!
Sorry for my bad english :oops:

Because this lottery it's very important for me. In 2013 I requested the B2 visa and it was denied 2 times because I don't have "strong ties" here in Italy. Also ESTA it's been refused because I had to answer YES to the question " have you ever been refused a visa'" so I can't go to u.s. neither in vacation , as I did for the last 20 years! My mom is a u.s. Citizen and it's almost 3 years that I can't see her. It's so unfair.
So this is the reason why I'm so afraid!
Sorry for my bad english :oops:

Do you mind if I ask why you applied for a visa in the first place rather than using visa waiver program?
Also, has your mom already filed an immigrant petition for you?

Hi guys! what do you think about my EU388xx??
please said something....I'm really scared... :(
In my humble opinion, based on EU38.8xx, you will be just fine. In case you haven't seen, enclosed historical number comparison: https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/riphone.do?rid=xmy6ue226758a2abd4068b3b9de3c988cbea1
We and many others went through last year with EU numbers very similar to yours. It will be somewhat nerve racking, no doubt, yet in the end you will be ok with your interview date. Then, just make 100% sure you'll have all your ducks in a row for the interview. With the personal visa application history you briefly described above, based on the brief information you provided, I personally don't see a serious reason why this should be an issue, you don't want to get derailed at that stage, though. Greetings to Italy!

Do you mind if I ask why you applied for a visa in the first place rather than using visa waiver program?
Also, has your mom already filed an immigrant petition for you?

yes, I know, I made the biggest mistake of my life. But I didn't take any information before apply, I didn't read any forum or something like this. I thought that it was only a formality. I didn't know anything about strong ties, risks with Esta ecc... I applied to stay in u.s. more than 90 days, stay with my mom and brother, visiting the country, cruising... nothing more. If I had not wanted to come back in Italy, I could do also with Esta. I always came back in 20 years after my holidays, no one day more. This is a incomprehensible law, I only requested a visa, I didn't make anything wrong! But this is the law, I hope that it will reconsidered very soon, also for other people that are in my same situation.
Yes, my mom filled the petition for me last september, but I am in F3 category, so I have to wait many years!!!

In my humble opinion, based on EU38.8xx, you will be just fine. In case you haven't seen, enclosed historical number comparison:
We and many others went through last year with EU numbers very similar to yours. It will be somewhat nerve racking, no doubt, yet in the end you will be ok with your interview date. Then, just make 100% sure you'll have all your ducks in a row for the interview. With the personal visa application history you briefly described above, based on the brief information you provided, I personally don't see a serious reason why this should be an issue, you don't want to get derailed at that stage, though. Greetings to Italy!

thank you very much Euro2014! I know that I'm in a high-risk area this year.
Thank you for your suggestions, I will have everythnig ready!
Greetings from Italy!

yes, I know, I made the biggest mistake of my life. But I didn't take any information before apply, I didn't read any forum or something like this. I thought that it was only a formality. I didn't know anything about strong ties, risks with Esta ecc... I applied to stay in u.s. more than 90 days, stay with my mom and brother, visiting the country, cruising... nothing more. If I had not wanted to come back in Italy, I could do also with Esta. I always came back in 20 years after my holidays, no one day more. This is a incomprehensible law, I only requested a visa, I didn't make anything wrong! But this is the law, I hope that it will reconsidered very soon, also for other people that are in my same situation.
Yes, my mom filled the petition for me last september, but I am in F3 category, so I have to wait many years!!!
Hi marghe, This is water under the bridge, so to say. In your DV interview, the fact that your mom is a US citizen will be a positive for you, as you will be able to present an I-134, if needed, and provide US family linkage, which is a positive. Just make sure you are well prepared, in order to avoid being put on AP, as your likeliest interview date will be July/August (Correction: August/September), with not much time to spare. Again, all the best to you!

Last edited:
Hi marghe, This is water under the bridge, so to say. In your DV interview, the fact that your mom is a US citizen will be a positive for you, as you will be able to present an I-134, if needed, and provide US family linkage, which is a positive. Just make sure you are well prepared, in order to avoid being put on AP, as your likeliest interview date will be July/August, with not much time to spare. Again, all the best to you!
July/August? Is that being a little too optimistic? I hope you're correct-Im 39100!

July/August? Is that being a little too optimistic? I hope you're correct-Im 39100!
Quite right - I meant to say August/September. Same advice, in terms of doing everything to avoid long AP, applies to both of you. All the best to you, as well!

Hi marghe, This is water under the bridge, so to say. In your DV interview, the fact that your mom is a US citizen will be a positive for you, as you will be able to present an I-134, if needed, and provide US family linkage, which is a positive. Just make sure you are well prepared, in order to avoid being put on AP, as your likeliest interview date will be July/August (Correction: August/September), with not much time to spare. Again, all the best to you!
yes I know, but here in Italy, I don't why, the I-134 is not requested. The consular officer didn't ask it to anybody till now.... but anyway I will bring it for sure!! Thank you very much again, I cross the fingers, of hands and feet!! :)

yes I know, but here in Italy, I don't why, the I-134 is not requested. The consular officer didn't ask it to anybody till now.... but anyway I will bring it for sure!! Thank you very much again, I cross the fingers, of hands and feet!! :)
Hi marghe, It is a quite simple process: the CO you will be interviewing with, inter alia is being asked to ascertain that you and your family won't become a public charge in the US. This easily can be done by presenting recent bank/brokerage account statements etc. in your & your spouses name with sufficient personal funds (there is ample communication on this forum on what represents minimum funds - more is better!). Depending on circumstances, and in the spirit of being overly prepared, bring the I-134 from your mom, which, by the way, is a great opportunity to talk about her being an established US citizen in the U S of A, and all. The CO will love it and it therefore is a win/win for you. This is just o n e example of the t's you will need to cross and i's you need to dot, hence the earlier you get interview preps started, the better (keeping in mind that all documents to be presented should come with a recent date). Good luck! EURO2014

Hi marghe, It is a quite simple process: the CO you will be interviewing with, inter alia is being asked to ascertain that you and your family won't become a public charge in the US. This easily can be done by presenting recent bank/brokerage account statements etc. in your & your spouses name with sufficient personal funds (there is ample communication on this forum on what represents minimum funds - more is better!). Depending on circumstances, and in the spirit of being overly prepared, bring the I-134 from your mom, which, by the way, is a great opportunity to talk about her being an established US citizen in the U S of A, and all. The CO will love it and it therefore is a win/win for you. This is just o n e example of the t's you will need to cross and i's you need to dot, hence the earlier you get interview preps started, the better (keeping in mind that all documents to be presented should come with a recent date). Good luck! EURO2014

Yes, I will bring it and I will be very prepared! I hope that the GC will not end!! I will keep you informed!
Thank you again!

Hi, I am in the same situation like Marghe, my case number is EU402**, and I really scared!!! My mom is u.s. citizen almost 5 years, I was (with Esta) in the u.s. two times to visit my mom. My mom filled the petition, but I am in F3 category, already passed 5 years, so I have to wait many years. If I will not have a chance at 2015 DV, I dont have a plan B, I'm so tired of this waiting, we want to be together...
Guys what is yours predictio for EU402**? please said something...:(

Hi, I am in the same situation like Marghe, my case number is EU402**, and I really scared!!! My mom is u.s. citizen almost 5 years, I was (with Esta) in the u.s. two times to visit my mom. My mom filled the petition, but I am in F3 category, already passed 5 years, so I have to wait many years. If I will not have a chance at 2015 DV, I dont have a plan B, I'm so tired of this waiting, we want to be together...

No one can tell you at this point for sure. You have to have one thing - hope! You are in a risky zone right now, but maybe we will know more precisely after the next VB has been released... Just wait and you will see... I hope you will get an opportunity, there is a lot of people with higher CN after you.

Hi Ferita, Until the last Visa Bulletin for May came out for Europe, I certainly would have said you can be pretty confident with a EU40.2xx number, given that, until April, Europe was noticeably ahead, 3.000+ and last year had ended with 40.150. This would certainly make sense, due to changes to Nigeria eligibility etc. Yet, as we all know, progress in May has slowed down and we are now more or less even with last year. This is not the first time this has happened, if you compare with previous years, yet next month's Bulletin will be rather important, in the sense that it hopefully will confirm positive progression for Europe. I am afraid it will be a nail biter until September for EU winners with high lottery numbers, above EU39.500 or so. We really do hope you will have a chance for the interview and will be successful right there and then, as you can't afford any prolonged AP process. Best of luck to you and your family!

Last edited: