April 2015 Tracker

Thanks Koosh. It seems from the thread that I may have to wait for the notice in the mail so I am not sure it will be sent within the same week and if it is, maybe the date will be further. Oh well, there is another ceremony in my city Syracuse, Aug 20th.

So I read on another forum that adding your maiden name back with your husband new surname is not considered name change? Is this accurate because I thought the fact that I dropped my name on the marriage certificate and only used my hubby surname, it legally changed my new surname and all my documents have only New surname and not maiden name. Anyone has ideas on this issue?

Approved!! I just had my interview! It was quick and smooth. We started with going through my application. Name change, the NO questions and the YES questions. Signed some papers. Then the civic test:
1. What is freedom of religion?
2. How many senators are there?
3. Which ocean lies in the east coast?
4. What age do men join the selective service?
5. When was the constitution written?
6. Which state borders Canada?
Then the English test.
Read:
What are the Colors of the American Flag?
Write:
The colors of the Flag are red, blue, and white.
Then he said you are approved, you can come next week to the Oath Ceremony, wait outside and someone will call your name and give you a paper with all the information.
Woohoo!!

Does anyone know whether the officer schedule your oath ceremony based on the calendar because there is actually a judicial ceremony (added my maiden name) in the court 30 mins away from syracuse, in Utica the same week of my interview. Will I have to wait for longer or is it possible to go to the ceremony same week if possible

Ask the immigration officer, because mine said there was a ceremony next week and if I wanted to get it done next week or pick a different date.

Lancaster, PA
4/27/15 Application sent and received
NOA received 1 week later
FP NOA received with 5/22 date, 2 weeks after sending application.
5/14/15 I had an early walk in on.
5/19/15 In line for an interview.
6/1/15 Interview Scheduled
6/5/15 IL Letter received
7/09/15 Interview done!
7/17/15 Oath Ceremony - Pending

Lancaster, PA
7/09/15 Interview done!
7/17/15 Oath Ceremony - Pending
congrats, that is great news

Lancaster, PA
7/09/15 Interview done!
7/17/15 Oath Ceremony - Done!

I cant believe how incredibly fast the process was here in PA. The ceremony was lovely :)

Okay, I am exhausted from weekend so may be a bit brief. I travelled to Buffalo, NY two hours from Syracuse on Sunday since interview was Monday at 100 pm.... here we go, i arrived early as 11:15am and sat in car outside playing my citizenship cd. I thought there were public parking free but had only two hr limit parking at side of streets. well paid meter 12 and went inside 1215. It was empty when arrived but then i sat there after 1 and still was not called so had to ask officer to pay meter and he said am next but he can let officer know. I came back still no call. 1:42 i was called by a very nice female lady who went through my file very quickly verifying info from form. she asked me if i wanted to change my name and she said since it was my maiden name there is no formality , so she just wrote it the way i wanted it on the passport. my country discard old passports once new one is given so although i had copies of my old passport with all stamps travelling back to us, one was missing and she kept asking and i told her i rhought it was in the copies. anyway she said she will take my word for it and recommended me for approval. excited thing i found out is that my oath ceremony will be held at syracuse state fair for first time. i got free pass for anyone coming with me and parking pass. oath ceremony aug 28.
who is in charge of executive?
reason colonist came to america?
descibe one of 4 amendments of constitution?
two rights of everyone living in us?
reason colonist came to america

forgot to mention that officer only asked for drvers license, GC and passport. nothing about taxes, i asked if she needed my baby birth certificate and she told me she does not need to confuse things. i suggest only have the specific things they asked and leave other paperwork in your documents unless they asked

Hi guys! Wanted to update my profile!

NYC
Mailed N-400 - 04/02/15
Priority date - 04/06/15
Receipt notice - 04/06/15
FP notice date - 04/10/15
FP appointment date - 04/29/15
USCIS Email indicating "an interview was arranged" 8/11/2015
Interview - ?

Hi guys! Another update!

NYC
Mailed N-400 - 04/02/15
Priority date - 04/06/15
Interview - 9/16/2015 @ 7:55 am!

Approved!! I just had my interview! It was quick and smooth. We started with going through my application. Name change, the NO questions and the YES questions. Signed some papers. Then the civic test:
1. What is freedom of religion?
2. How many senators are there?
3. Which ocean lies in the east coast?
4. What age do men join the selective service?
5. When was the constitution written?
6. Which state borders Canada?
Then the English test.
Read:
What are the Colors of the American Flag?
Write:
The colors of the Flag are red, blue, and white.
Then he said you are approved, you can come next week to the Oath Ceremony, wait outside and someone will call your name and give you a paper with all the information.
Woohoo!!
Good job and congratulations. Its funny but I had the exact same civics questions, they must have banks of these pre-assembled that the IO's work from.

Hi guys! Another update!
NYC
Mailed N-400 - 04/02/15
Priority date - 04/06/15
Interview - 9/16/2015 @ 7:55 am!
Interview outcome: Passed

I wanted to thank everyone for all the helpful comments and guidance posted in this forum!

Went to the USCIS office in Manhattan yesterday for my interview at 730 am. After going through security went to the waiting area and handed my interview notice to the receptionist. My name was called by the IO at 8 am. It must have been a very quiet day and there were no more than 15-20 people in the waiting area!

The IO was American but her last name sounded Greek. After the formalities she started going through my application form. She asked me to write a sentence, read a sentence and several history/civic questions which I answered correctly. No mention of any trips abroad whatsoever. Overall my application was very straightforward except for an incident that took place a long time ago in the UK (which was discussed at length during my Green Card application). She asked for the original UK police report (I had submitted a copy with my application).

Finally she gave me a notice indicating that I passed the initial interview and should receive the oath ceremony invitation in the near future. Based on another forum the invitation notice arrives usually a month after the interview.

Glad the journey is almost over!