April 2011 Filers

I just got my biometrics done, and now I'm just wondering...how do we get notified about the progress of the AP/EAD? I see some people get texts - is that the way it's done?

Also, has anyone applied to have their application expedited? I called to submit a Service Request, which they did, and told me I'd get notified within 5 days (nothing yet, but that was just 5 days ago!) Anyone had any experience with this?

Your only way for EAD approval is notification through email if you have signed up for email notification. The other way is by checking the case status at the USCIS website. I know people that have expedited EAD but it has to be a good reason or emergency. I know someone who expedited it because he was on OPT and was married, so if OPT expired he would lose his job, so he expedited the EAD he applied through AOS.

I received a receipt notice, but no Biometrics notice yet? I'm guessing it took 17 days for you, it's been only 12 days so I guess mine should arrive in the mail within the next few days.

What is the process of doing walk-in biometrics? Do they accept anyone? Or do you need to have a good reason for it?

Walk-in biometrics mean going to do your fingerprints ahead of the scheduled date. This is allowed by some ASCs/DOs and will definitely speed up the process especially to receive EAD.

lizab...you will get it any day now! DId you call the 800 to see if they may have a receipt number for you or call and see if your check was cashed..my hubby called this morning and our bank told us that it wasn't even cashes..so I was sooo suprised when I got the mail!!

I have my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks maraL, I called to 800 number last week and we weren't in the system yet. Checks still haven't been cashed either, but I feel were close.

Does anyone know if you file through a lawyer, does the NOA go to the lawyer or applicant or both?

Thanks maraL, I called to 800 number last week and we weren't in the system yet. Checks still haven't been cashed either, but I feel were close.

Does anyone know if you file through a lawyer, does the NOA go to the lawyer or applicant or both?

When you file your petitions/applications through a lawyer, I wanna say both parties get copies of any USCIS correspondence.

You may wanna call the NCSC and double check with them too.

So, I got an email from the lawyer this morning. They contacted USCIS for an update and there is still no record of our file and we were advised to stop payment / reissue the checks and to re-submit the application :( The USCIS said that my case and one other have apparently been lost?!?!

Unreal!! Back to square one.

So instead of the biometrics notie I received a notice about Request for Initial Evidence for I-485, related to Affidavit of Support, it said that my wife does not meet the income requirement for the 125% poverty line, and we must submit a joint sponsor or assets.

Her income for the latest year was $18.5k, the year before was $12k, and year before that was $8k... that is because she wasn't working full time prior to last year. And we only submitted the tax return transcript for income verification for the latest year, didn't know the income needed to meet the poverty line for previous 3 years.

They've requested Initial evidence within 87 days. I've scheduled an appointment with INFOPASS as instructed by customer service on the phone, but I wanted to get some opinions on what can be done next?

So, I got an email from the lawyer this morning. They contacted USCIS for an update and there is still no record of our file and we were advised to stop payment / reissue the checks and to re-submit the application :( The USCIS said that my case and one other have apparently been lost?!?!

Unreal!! Back to square one.

Don't loose hope lizab213

You still have the chance to re send the paperwork and send it via confirmed delivery, where a person has to sign the package and you have proof that it got delivered.

I had to re file too and under very strenuous circumstances, but in the end after all that work and effort its all getting done and working out :)

All the best!

It means that upon acceptance, you have signed all the forms etc. Once they get it to initial review, then they may request additional information.

My check was just cashed :D

So when the check is cashed does that mean the application is 100% accepted? :rolleyes:

Received a request for initial evidence last week, so I've just sent it today having gathered all the info they requested. Here's hoping!!!!

Day 1. April 27th: I-130,I-485,I-131 and I-765 sent by FedEx to CHICAGO DROPBOX
Day 2. April 28th: Delivery confirmation: signed by P.CHYBA
Day 8. May 4th: USCIS confirmation by email/text message
Day 8. May 4th: Cheques cleared
Day 11. May 7th: NOAs received in mail (Notice Date 4th May)
Day 17. May 13th: Biometrics notice received in mail (Appointment date: June 6th 2011)
Day 17. May 13th: Biometrics done (WALK-IN)
Day 23. May 19th: Request for initial evidence received in mail
Day 27. May 23rd: Sent initial evidence via USPS

Day ?. AP/EAD Received
Day ?. Interview notice
Day ?. Interview date
Day ?. Green card received

Last edited by a moderator:
How long do I have to wait to see my case status online? My case status keeps saying this:

•Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

Anyone else have this problem?

Still nothing for me and my wife. So pissed I messed up those checks. I did call and they said allow one month after resubmitting before calling about progress. So on Thursday if nothing has happened then I'm gonna call and see whats going on.

How long do I have to wait to see my case status online? My case status keeps saying this:

•Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

Anyone else have this problem?

I had this issue with all my cases right till the time I has something related to them in hand via mail (not the NOA's).

For example: I could see my EAD details once they sent me my EAD approval & card, same with the IL.

The NCSC staff says the USCIS website can not be relied on for the initial stage, however what it helps us in knowing is once your case is visible online, you can mark them for mobile & email alerts and get updates for after your interview.