April 2011 Filers

nothing for me either. I'm wondering if that possible government shutdown last month slowed things down at the USCIS...

I submitted my application on the 28th, it arrived on the 30th which was a saturday so I believe they may have received it on 2nd May. Awaiting further details.

Doh I didn't know about form G-1145 or I would've sent that in as well with my application package, it's been 4 days today and the check hasn't been cashed, usually I'm seeing by day 8-9 peoples checks are being cashed? I hope mine is cashed by next week :)

I was hoping that too. However, I called USCIS last night and got a supervisor on the phone. She told me it's taking 6 weeks to get everything entered in the system..just great! That adds another 2 weeks wait for us..

I tried to walk in for biometrics in Boston. I was unsuccessful, but it seemed like if you had a good reason, such as that you will be travelling for the actual date, or if you come in early in the morning for the walk in (I went at 3:30pm-ish), you might be able to do it.

My check was just cashed :D

So when the check is cashed does that mean the application is 100% accepted? :rolleyes:

My check was just cashed :D

So when the check is cashed does that mean the application is 100% accepted? :rolleyes:

A cashed check does not mean they have approved it. They always take the money even if they will deny the benefit. Its just part of the procedure.
But It means that you have filed the right forms, the right form revision and the right filing fee. You could still get an RFE (Request for evidence) if they have some documents that are missing that you should have included.

Hey!

I'm not filing for green card just yet - I'm waiting for my husband to get his citizenship (his interview is on May 19th and hopefully after that it will not take much longer to have his oath ceremony). Anyway, I'm hoping to send my papers for GC sometime at the end of May. The only question I have is - does my husband have to get his American passport before I apply for GC? I'm a little bit confused because in the instructions for I-130, on page 2 under "What Documents Do You Need to Show That You Are a U.S. Citizen?" point #4 says that we need to send a copy of the passport. I spoke with two friends of mine and both of them said that it's not necessary to have a passport, but for me it looks the opposite. Can anyone help me with this, please? Thank you in advance!!!

A cashed check does not mean they have approved it. They always take the money even if they will deny the benefit. Its just part of the procedure.
But It means that you have filed the right forms, the right form revision and the right filing fee. You could still get an RFE (Request for evidence) if they have some documents that are missing that you should have included.

So what did they ask you on the interview? :rolleyes:

I included enough evidence with the I-130 (marriage photograph, 2 different photos of us being together, apartment lease paper) so I think that should be enough and shouldn't get an RFE... what else could they need? We've been married for over a year already so that should show them enough proof :)

What are the next steps after check has been cashed?

Last edited by a moderator:
31 days in counting...

So I'm now trying to rationalize why it could be taking longer.

I'm wondering if because my husband does not have an A# already, maybe they have to create one/research to confirm he doesn't have an existing one? Does anyone know anything regarding that?

Me neither Lizab...our check hasn't been cashed either...did you check to see if yours was cashed?

Dman~~any good news for you yet?

So I'm now trying to rationalize why it could be taking longer.

I'm wondering if because my husband does not have an A# already, maybe they have to create one/research to confirm he doesn't have an existing one? Does anyone know anything regarding that?

Hey,

Can you update your signature with your progress so far along with your DO and ASC so maybe I can give you some perspective.

Thanks.

Hey!

I'm not filing for green card just yet - I'm waiting for my husband to get his citizenship (his interview is on May 19th and hopefully after that it will not take much longer to have his oath ceremony). Anyway, I'm hoping to send my papers for GC sometime at the end of May. The only question I have is - does my husband have to get his American passport before I apply for GC? I'm a little bit confused because in the instructions for I-130, on page 2 under "What Documents Do You Need to Show That You Are a U.S. Citizen?" point #4 says that we need to send a copy of the passport. I spoke with two friends of mine and both of them said that it's not necessary to have a passport, but for me it looks the opposite. Can anyone help me with this, please? Thank you in advance!!!

Hey,

Download the filing instructions for the I-130 from the USCIS website (forms) section.

On page 2 of the PDF under General instructions, it will tell you what documents you can provide to show that you are a U.S. citizen.

Hope this helps :) I would have copy pasted it here but it did not work :( sorry abt that!

Important advice:

All - Kindly update your signature with your timelines and DO/ASC locations so when you have a doubt or question, we already know what your case status is and that makes it a lot easier to respond back quickly instead of coming back to you with more questions...just a suggestion :)

Hey,

Can you update your signature with your progress so far along with your DO and ASC so maybe I can give you some perspective.

Thanks.

Sorry, I normally have a signature, but when I post from my mobile device, it doesn't include it. Here it is.

Me neither Lizab...our check hasn't been cashed either...did you check to see if yours was cashed?

Me neither? You do or do not have a A#?

My checks have not been cashed. And FYI for anyone getting checks, I am disappointed with Chase Cashier Checks. It is more difficult to check the status of the check than it should be!

Hey,

Download the filing instructions for the I-130 from the USCIS website (forms) section.

On page 2 of the PDF under General instructions, it will tell you what documents you can provide to show that you are a U.S. citizen.

Hope this helps :) I would have copy pasted it here but it did not work :( sorry abt that!

Noella, thank you for your answer! It was very nice of you to respond :) I actually did download instructions for I-130 and I checked page 2, but I was still confused. Few days ago somebody on March 2011 Filers gave me an answer, so I'm all set. But thanks anyway!

What happens after biometrics?

I just got my biometrics done, and now I'm just wondering...how do we get notified about the progress of the AP/EAD? I see some people get texts - is that the way it's done?

Also, has anyone applied to have their application expedited? I called to submit a Service Request, which they did, and told me I'd get notified within 5 days (nothing yet, but that was just 5 days ago!) Anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks guys!

Day 1. April 27th: I-130,I-485,I-131 and I-765 sent by FedEx to CHICAGO DROPBOX
Day 2. April 28th: Delivery confirmation: signed by P.CHYBA
Day 8. May 4th: USCIS confirmation by email/text message
Day 8. May 4th: Cheques cleared
Day 11. May 7th: NOAs received in mail (Notice Date 4th May)
Day 17. May 13th: Biometrics notice received in mail (Appointment date: 6/6/11)
Day 17. May 13th: Biometrics done (WALK-IN)
Day ?. AP Approved
Day ?. AP Received
Day ?. EAD card ordered
Day ?. EAD approved notice sent
Day ?. Interview notice
Day ?. Interview date
Day ?. Green card received

I just got my biometrics done, and now I'm just wondering...how do we get notified about the progress of the AP/EAD? I see some people get texts - is that the way it's done?

Also, has anyone applied to have their application expedited? I called to submit a Service Request, which they did, and told me I'd get notified within 5 days (nothing yet, but that was just 5 days ago!) Anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks guys!

Day 1. April 27th: I-130,I-485,I-131 and I-765 sent by FedEx to CHICAGO DROPBOX
Day 2. April 28th: Delivery confirmation: signed by P.CHYBA
Day 8. May 4th: USCIS confirmation by email/text message
Day 8. May 4th: Cheques cleared
Day 11. May 7th: NOAs received in mail (Notice Date 4th May)
Day 17. May 13th: Biometrics notice received in mail (Appointment date: 6/6/11)
Day 17. May 13th: Biometrics done (WALK-IN)
Day ?. AP Approved
Day ?. AP Received
Day ?. EAD card ordered
Day ?. EAD approved notice sent
Day ?. Interview notice
Day ?. Interview date
Day ?. Green card received

I received a receipt notice, but no Biometrics notice yet? I'm guessing it took 17 days for you, it's been only 12 days so I guess mine should arrive in the mail within the next few days.

What is the process of doing walk-in biometrics? Do they accept anyone? Or do you need to have a good reason for it?