April 2009, Filers, Post here

Hi Folks,
This forum helped me a lot for all of my immigration needs. Old member but never posted anything yet.
I had my fingerprints done at Santa Ana, DO, on 05/15, and I noticed that except for me there are no one there. I asked the clerk about it, and she said it is due to the recession, as people can't afford to pay the fee. Did any one experienced the same?
I have heard a romour, that they are segregating the family based petitions for GC, by the country of origin. :( That's the reason why, they are denying petitions, of people origin from Indian sub-continent, on some excuse or other. I hope this is a romour. Any thoughts folks ?

I went to my fingerprinting in downtown Pittsburgh back on May 15 and I was the only one there. There were the two clerks / fingerprint techs plus the security guard at the door. Must be really boring to work there. Once I was done, two oriental women had come in for their fingerprinting but yeah not a lot of action at these application support centers.

Hello nycfeng: I'm so happy for you one more step, now you can go to the SS office and update your information. Congrat !, soon will arrive the Interview letter. pls, keep posting, and if you dont mind, pls put AOS Timeline:

here an updated of my timeline:
03/31/09 Application sent (I-130, I-485, I-765 )
04/01/09 Day 1- Application recd. (FedEx Air)
04/08/09 Day 8- Got NOA's for all forms filed
04/09/09 Day 9- Checks cashed
04/14/09 Day 14 -Got Biometrics Notification
04/15/09 Day 15 - Cases showed up online
04/20/09 Day 20- LUD, I-130 and I-485, caseTrans from MSC to CSC(to speed up)
04/28/09 Day 28 - Biometrics Appointment (Done)
04/13/09 Day 43-LUD I-485 touch today
05/20/09 Day 50__- Got LUD(Card production ordered)
05/22/09 Day 52- Got LUD, on 22, 25, 26/05, -1-765 (been touch)
05/00/09 Day Recieved the EAD on the mail
00/00/09Day______- Got IL Initial Interview (pending)
00/00/09 Day ______- Interview- (pending

How is your progress now? Hope that my interview notice will come this week......

TImeline:

4/7 Sent package
5/8 FP in Brooklyn
5/26 EAD arrived.

Hello nycfeng: I'm so happy for you one more step, now you can go to the SS office and update your information. Congrat !, soon will arrive the Interview letter. pls, keep posting, and if you dont mind, pls put AOS Timeline:

Got AP!!!

Yahooooooooo!!! :) Got my Advance Parole Today!! Seems like the DHS officials are really moving things fast. Got my AP in 41 days.
Quich question folks: With an AP can I reenter US, even though, I am no longer on my H1-B status. I got my H1-B visa stamped in January 08 for a period of three years. I filed my petition for AOS (I-130,485) through family member (Spouse) in April and got laid off on May 25. Will I be able to re enter US after my honeymoon, even though, I am no longer in H1-B status?
Your Ten cents will really help me.

Hello Everyone, I have two updates today. ONE, I got my Advance Parole document(I don't know, why they mailed me two AP documents). TWO, my online EAD status says "Card production ordered". So, I am hoping I will get my EAD in a week or so.

I have a question about my AP. It has two boxes at the bottom, on one box, It has my picture and other one is blank, is it suppose to same with everyone?

Hi Vijay,
Mine looks the same too. I believe that it is where the official at port of entry stamps, but I am not sure.
Can any one please answer my question. I'd apprecitae your help.

Hi Vijay,
Mine looks the same too. I believe that it is where the official at port of entry stamps, but I am not sure.
Can any one please answer my question. I'd apprecitae your help.

Hi Mask369, Did you got TWO AP documents too ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everyone, I have two updates today. ONE, I got my Advance Parole document(I don't know, why they mailed me two AP documents).

USCIS always issues two copies of AP document just in case one gets lost or damaged...at least that's how it was until 2 years ago...So I assume that's how it's still.

Am I the only one on here who applied with I-130 application only?
No one seems to answer me or anything.
Take care, sweetcitywife

Hi Sweetcitywife,
I believe you were the only one with I-130. I'am not sure though.
I'll be more than happy to answer your questions, with the 2 cent knowledge about immigration process, I have. Well, we are all in the same boat trying to help each other. It is first time for everone here.

Am I the only one on here who applied with I-130 application only?
No one seems to answer me or anything.
Take care, sweetcitywife

Hi sweetcitywife, we would definitely like to help you, but your case seems to be a bit complex relative to some of us, and I assume some of us in this thread are first timers(like me). I would suggest to you to start a new thread in case, if you are not satisfied with the help you get here. By doing so, you request will be exposed to more people and then 'response' will be high. I wish you goodluck and hope for a quick & easy process

Hi Sweetcitywife,

I know one person who filed I-130 alone first and then waited to be come US citizen to file AOS package, His name is "amneni" and you will find him in "March2009 filers" post and you can send him personal message, Other day i reached out to him to get to know why he filed I-130 while is on LPR status and waited until he become USC to file AOS package.

Thanks

hello Everybody: Vjay, MK48729,xbsd, mask369 sweetwife, and those who I didn't mention, .i hope all our cases are going smoothly. I just want to give an updated in my case, today, I recieved another LUD, with the following info.

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On May 27, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Update

Hey Folks,
Just an update of my case. It is going on really smooth. I got an e-mail from USCIS that my EAD was mailed today!!!

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On May 28, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Hello everybody

Just to let you guys know that finally, I recieved my mom work permit on the mail:) one more way to go, I hope everybody soon will recieve their cards on the mail,as well, keep update it to see the development of each case, happy weekend:)

Update

Hello everybody,
Today I received my EAD. Now waiting for the last and most important mail - the interview letter. I can fire my employer on Monday now. But the weird part is, my case is still with MSC ,and not transferred to the local district office. I hope it is normal. Any thoughts folks.