Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

thanks again Lazycis,
what kind of documents do I need to bring with me to the ceremony conerning the ticket ?

If you decide to answer "yes", just bring the ticket with you, it should have a court date on it. I doubt it will hold up your oath.

Approved..Approved

Finally I was able to see light at the end of the tunnel.

My GC got approved on 04/01 and completed I-89 today. Thanks to folks who hang over in this forum and helping others. Million thanks to Jefkorn, Lazycis & Cregan. You guys really make difference in this forum. Actually with all the help available over here, I could have handled my case my self but took help of good attoreny (again referred in this form) not to make any mistake. The attorney did a decent job for reasonable price. Finally the long journey (2001-2009) ended with some sweet result. I feel I am relieved now ..though not too excited as all my friends who applied I485 along with me are getting ready for Naturalization now. But you know all boats can't sail in the same pace, some thing is better than nothing.

Have a quick question now. After I89 is done today, the officer said, it may take any where from 1 week to 3 months to receive the plastic card. What do Gurus in this forum suggest? Do I need to wait for plastic card before I file for dismissal of the petition?

Regards

Hi guys, I need your help. I've problem before with USCIS in regard of pending FBI name check, I filed a mandamus and finally got approved last year after pending for 4 years :mad:
Is there a way to get some times reduced so I can get my citizenship application earlier, it just doesn't make sense that I have to be punished because of their incompetence.

There's also another case. My mom is an asylee, she has applied for green card at the same time with my case. Her FBI background check and name check are cleared, however USCIS philly can't approve her case since her application is in Virginia. We have asked both USCIS Philly and Fairfax, VA, to get her application sent to Philly with no avail up to now. We're considering another mandamus. Since it's a bit different than mine (mine is because of FBI name check),
do you guys have any draft I can use?
Which law or cases should I cited for this mandamus?

lazycis your help please

Hi folks, I filled for my wife I-130 in March 2008 and I did received my my first NOA in April 2008. Then I fail my I-129F in April 15 / 2008 and received my first NOA for my I-129F in April 28 / 2008 and I never received any thing after that. any time I call USCIS they don’t have any information about my cause and I did request expedite about (6) times and I did contact my both senator and my congers so many times but no luck finally after alt of forestation and stress I did filed my WOM in the curt of Seattle Washington ( FEB 08 / 2009 ) in the mean time I did call USCIS 800 # I called the USCIS 800 # last month the officer tell me they did send me request of evidence in the 2nd of march but I didn’t received any thing in the mail , I did call them back 8 days later and she tell me they will send it again to me and any way for the last 6 weeks any time I call they the officer keep tell me they send it in this day so now what I do and I am going thru stress I need help please and I do like to thanks all of you specially lazycis and jefkorn

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I-130 - send 03/10/2008
Check Cashed 03/18/2008
NOA Received 04/04/2008
I-129F - send 04/15/2008
NOA Received 04/28/2008
WOM Filed in Seattle WA 02/08/2008

and today is 60 days and nothing . I need some help

liena,
We are glad to help but I am not sure what we can do except encouraging you. Let your lawyer handle the matter. We do not know when your complaint was served upon AUSA, 60 day clock starts from that day. AUSA should communicate with your lawyer so you need to press your lawyer to act if nothing happens asfter 60 days.

Hi guys, I need your help. I've problem before with USCIS in regard of pending FBI name check, I filed a mandamus and finally got approved last year after pending for 4 years :mad:
Is there a way to get some times reduced so I can get my citizenship application earlier, it just doesn't make sense that I have to be punished because of their incompetence.

There's also another case. My mom is an asylee, she has applied for green card at the same time with my case. Her FBI background check and name check are cleared, however USCIS philly can't approve her case since her application is in Virginia. We have asked both USCIS Philly and Fairfax, VA, to get her application sent to Philly with no avail up to now. We're considering another mandamus. Since it's a bit different than mine (mine is because of FBI name check),
do you guys have any draft I can use?
Which law or cases should I cited for this mandamus?

Your Mom's case is no different, use I-485 Wom template posted here:
http://forums.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=1795238&postcount=13632

Hi guys .. I called USCIS yesterday and they confirmed that my application has been approved and now it is in the queue for an oath date. It does not look like I will be making it to the next one this coming Friday. The one after that is on May 21. How long does it usually takes them to schedule and oath date ?

Mustafa,
You may want to take an infopass and talk to IO. They may be able to put your in the queue on the spot.

Mustafa,
You may want to take an infopass and talk to IO. They may be able to put your in the queue on the spot.

Thank you Lazycis .. I almost done that today but I chickened out .. I will see if there is anything available tomorrow and do it ..wish me luck

Thank you Lazycis .. I almost done that today but I chickened out .. I will see if there is anything available tomorrow and do it ..wish me luck

Good luck! Be strong and of good courage, it's nothing to be afraid of. The worst that can happen is that you'll continue waiting in the queue.

Good luck! Be strong and of good courage, it's nothing to be afraid of. The worst that can happen is that you'll continue waiting in the queue.

That is true. I could not find any open times for tomorrow. I made an appointment for Thursday, would that give them enough time to add me to Friday's ceremony you think ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rule 6(a)

Hi, lazy. I've got a question regarding timeline. Federal Rule 6(a) states the following:

Rule 6. Computing and Extending Time; Time for Motion Papers
(a) Computing Time.
The following rules apply in computing any time period specified in these rules or in any local rule, court order, or statute:
(1) Day of the Event Excluded.
Exclude the day of the act, event, or default that begins the period.
2) Exclusions from Brief Periods.
Exclude intermediate Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays when the period is less than 11 days.
(3) Last Day.
Include the last day of the period unless it is a Saturday, Sunday, legal holiday, or— if the act to be done is filing a paper in court— a day on which weather or other conditions make the clerk’s office inaccessible. When the last day is excluded, the period runs until the end of the next day that is not a Saturday, Sunday, legal holiday, or day when the clerk’s office is inaccessible.
(4) “Legal Holiday” Defined....

So according to Rule 6(a), the 10-day period for the MTR filing will exclude weekends and the order entry date...is this interpretation correct? So with the order entry date on 03/30, the deadline will be 04/13, excluding the weekends? Also, would e-filing still work? I am still not done with the motion and won't be able to finish it today...:confused:

Thanks!!!

lvla,

Your calculations are basically correct.
Two things:
- 10 day count start from the entry of judgment (which could be the next day after the entry of order, check your docket)
- if you received an order by mail, you get an additional 3 days.

Thanks, lazy! All stuff was entered on 03/30 so I have to start counting on the next day (03/31) - no additional days available. Also, can I still e-file or have to go to the court to file now?

Always appreciated...

lvla,

Your calculations are basically correct.
Two things:
- 10 day count start from the entry of judgment (which could be the next day after the entry of order, check your docket)
- if you received an order by mail, you get an additional 3 days.

Thanks, lazy! All stuff was entered on 03/30 so I have to start counting on the next day (03/31) - no additional days available. Also, can I still e-file or have to go to the court to file now?

Always appreciated...

You can still e-file.

question about plaintiff name?

Hi Lazycis,

I have question concerning the plaintiff name. Do I need to put my wife's name as plaintiff also? I am the primary applicant of the I-485 and my wife is the derivation beneficiary. Also do I need to put the FBI on the defandants list? I was told both me and my wife's name check were already cleared when I did infopass at local office.

Thanks,

LM

That is true. I could not find any open times for tomorrow. I made an appointment for Thursday, would that give them enough time to add me to Friday's ceremony you think ?

I went to the Infopass this morning and tried to talk to the IO to see if they can give me the oath tomorrow. I was not able to talk to her as she was busy with interviews. I believe the next oath in Kansas City is on 05/21. When you get a chance Lazycis, would you be able to confirm that date for me ? Thank you

Hi Lazycis,

I have question concerning the plaintiff name. Do I need to put my wife's name as plaintiff also? I am the primary applicant of the I-485 and my wife is the derivation beneficiary. Also do I need to put the FBI on the defandants list? I was told both me and my wife's name check were already cleared when I did infopass at local office.

Thanks,

LM

Hi LM,
Do include your wife as a plaintiff and FBI as a defendant. Your wife will have to sign all papers you file with the court, but she will get approval at the same time as you. I think it's a good reason to include her.