Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Filing WOM finally !!!

After exhaustive 6 waiting years, finally I decided to file WOM on monday 02/09 for my pending GC. My attorney is preparing a complaint now.

While going through one of the several docs posted in this board, it says court will not grant mandamus relief unless the plaintiff has exhausted all the alternative avenues to contact USCIS. So far I have tried contacting USCIS through Infopass, writing letter to USCIS District Director, Congressman, senator, my attorney who filed I485 and Ombudsman. What I have not done is contacting through AILA & sending Demand Letter or an Intent to Sue letter to the Office of the General Counsel and to the District Director.

Is this going to have any impact on WOM or better to do these 2 things & file WOM later? Any idea?

Congrats Cregan:

Looks like WOM works !!! Congrats :)

PS: I heard back from the Senator that I has sent inquiry to. I am told that my name check is still pending (for more than 40 some months). I am just collecting all my paperwork and getting ready to file WOM now in a month or two.

After exhaustive 6 waiting years, finally I decided to file WOM on monday 02/09 for my pending GC. My attorney is preparing a complaint now.

While going through one of the several docs posted in this board, it says court will not grant mandamus relief unless the plaintiff has exhausted all the alternative avenues to contact USCIS. So far I have tried contacting USCIS through Infopass, writing letter to USCIS District Director, Congressman, senator, my attorney who filed I485 and Ombudsman. What I have not done is contacting through AILA & sending Demand Letter or an Intent to Sue letter to the Office of the General Counsel and to the District Director.

Is this going to have any impact on WOM or better to do these 2 things & file WOM later? Any idea?
What you have should be enough .. Thats what I had for my WOM.. Good luck

GC_09_2003,

Six years is a very long time. I would say go ahead and file wom. You have waited looooong enough.

-----

On another note, I received my IL today! After 2 years and 7 months from PD.

Cregan, My interview is on 2/27, the day you take your oath :)

Saral,

Try to inquire about your FBI NC through other avenues.

First Lady
Prez
Sec of DHS
USCIS Director
FBI NNCP

The service request responses that you get from the DO are not reliable. I got one the same day I got my interview letter saying that my NC is still pending. I know for a fact it is not because I have it on writing from two different sources.

It looks like someone looks up your case and if they don't feel like digging deeper they just hit a button and print out a generic 'NC is pending' letter.

If I pulled that kind of crap at my job, I would have been long gone.

GC_09_2003 & Saral, file, file when you can. I'm happy I did file. I was so worried that I waitied a few months. I'm so happy I didn't wait longer, as if I would have I would still be waiting. the longer you wait ... the longer to get adjusticated :) this site is great support, even though the process was unknown territory, I felt new issues were easier to tackle with this forum :)

Waterman00, that's so cool. Good luck! :) you didn't file WOM? how did you get them to listen to you? ;)

Mr Vertigo & natur08, thank you :)

Cregan,

I nicely shamed the IO at my last infopass about my case sitting at someone's desk for 8 months after NC was done. He didn't have an answer. Maybe it's that, maybe it's pure luck...who knows....I'm just glad I got it. I need to do some studying the next 2 weeks.
Thanks for your encouragements.

GC_09_2003,

Six years is a very long time. I would say go ahead and file wom. You have waited looooong enough.

I know 6 years is a too long time. But un-fortunately my PD was not current from June 2005 untill Jan 2009. Any way now is better than never. Thanks for saying good-luck.

LUD on sunday

after indication of wom, i got 2nd FP notice. I gave my FP on friday and got one soft lud within hours. today (Sunday) i got another soft lud! interesting. Any guesses? is this light at the end? or some system blimp?

What are you watching?

after indication of wom, i got 2nd FP notice. I gave my FP on friday and got one soft lud within hours. today (Sunday) i got another soft lud! interesting. Any guesses? is this light at the end? or some system blimp?

Hey, Dull in Dallas, what is lud for N400? Mine is still December 2006, and online status still says that my case received and pending... :rolleyes:

Congrats Waterman00

Congrats on getting ID and good luck.

Yes I am planning to send more letters to inquire about my status before I file WOM (so that I cover my bases) for the suit.

This has been one heck of a wait and delay:(

Saral,

Try to inquire about your FBI NC through other avenues.

First Lady
Prez
Sec of DHS
USCIS Director
FBI NNCP

The service request responses that you get from the DO are not reliable. I got one the same day I got my interview letter saying that my NC is still pending. I know for a fact it is not because I have it on writing from two different sources.

It looks like someone looks up your case and if they don't feel like digging deeper they just hit a button and print out a generic 'NC is pending' letter.

If I pulled that kind of crap at my job, I would have been long gone.

Hi Cregan

I hope you will be coming on forum for few more months to help us out after you are done dealing with them:)

GC_09_2003 & Saral, file, file when you can. I'm happy I did file. I was so worried that I waitied a few months. I'm so happy I didn't wait longer, as if I would have I would still be waiting. the longer you wait ... the longer to get adjusticated :) this site is great support, even though the process was unknown territory, I felt new issues were easier to tackle with this forum :)

Waterman00, that's so cool. Good luck! :) you didn't file WOM? how did you get them to listen to you? ;)

Mr Vertigo & natur08, thank you :)

NEWS, got my Oath letter!!!

mustafa34kc, congrats on your new date! I studied both, just in case.

Vorpal & mosamno2, lol

birdaz & natur08, thank you

lazycis, thank you for all of your knowledge

Congrats! Looks like your WOM pushed them to adjudicate your case!

Saral, for sure. I definitely want to give back :) and also hope to see all of us get through this difficult process

Vorpal, they found my file pretty fast ;)

Finally I'm starting to prepare my WOM, thanks for everyone in this forum to provide such great information. Can someone help me to figure out the new defendent? Thanks. Here's the old ones:

MICHAEL CHERTOFF, Secretary of the )
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) )
EMILIO T. GONZALEZ, Director of the U.S. )
Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) )
DONALD NEUFELD, Director of USCIS )
California Service Center )
ROBERT S. MUELLER III, Director of Federal )
Bureau of Investigation (FBI) )
MICHAEL MUKASEY, in his official )
capacity as Attorney General of the United States, )
Defendants

Citizenship denial Reveiw case filed at Dist Court, Not a wom case.

:mad:Case filed at edny under citizenship denial review by court, not a wom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My previous post in Nov 2008 was:

This is recent update on the ongoing saga on my I-751 waiver pending adjudication at VSC. Please bear with me, as it is little detailed case background

My joint I-751 was approved in Sep 2004 but I was divorced in Jul 2004. I filed first N-400 in Oct 2006 based on 5 yrs. I was placed in removal due to the above fact that I-751 approved in error after the divore date. I filed a second I-751 good faith waiver in Jul 2007, which is still pending at VSC although web site processing Sep 2007. My removal proceedings terminated in Nov 2007. Filed second N-400 in Dec 2007 concurrently anticipation that I-751 shall be approved before natz interview. The web site did update a month before natz but mine was not one adjudicated. 10 yr GC revoked in Jan 2008. Natz interview in Aug 2008. Went very well and passed. The IO stated that they have the power to adjudicate my I-751. Received natz denial based on that GC was revoked, Did not say anything about pending I-751. Now, given 30 days to appeal. I am thinking of these lines:

1. File the appeal and pay $605.
2. At appeal interview, ask officer to try to get the I-751 from VSC and adjudicate.
3. If officer does not agree to call for I-751 adjudication, file a motion at Federal District Court to force reevaluation of natz and force CIS to adjudicate I-751 waiver. First I-751 was approved without interview due to very good documentation of marriage. I was plaintiff in my divorce due to metal cruelty by USC spouse.

Any comments? I have been in contact with my congress and senator but are not very helpful. I have been remarried and now need to file for my current wife who is on F-1. What is most expeditious and prudent approach. what I am hoping is to receive either an I-751 approval in mail or interview call some time soon but am not sure if USCIS will do their job unless forced to. It also seems they filed I-751 waiver under my permanent GC file receipt number. Although they keep telling me on phone they know and I got temp stamp in passport, but the file was not present at natz interview.

PL ADVISE IN DETAIL.

Now, the post on Jan 7, 2009:

I went to appeal interview on Nov 7, 2008 and requested adjudicator to "Hold my N-400 in abeyance until I-751 is adjudicated". He denied my request and denied the appeal for N-400. Allowing to file in federal court under 5 USC Chp 7 (APA). I later found out that he "disregarded" the clear instruction in "Adjudicators Field Manual" Chapter 25, where it states that he should have kept the N-400 open and asked for my I-751 file to be adjudicated, before finalizing n-400. Any ways, I filed a complaint with Ombudsman office after wards. few months after the complaint, the USCIS filed office telephones my attorney that they want to interveiw me tomorrow for i-751 waiver, if possible. Went for interveiw and adjudicators verbally stated after some questions about my marriage that " I am satsified with your evidence and I am approving your petition". He asks whether he should send the file to natz or card production. my attorney states that natz will be appealed in federal court, so he shall send it for card production. he did not give me any thing in writing, neither he has sent any thing in mail. now i want to sue cis for blatant disregard to their field manual. does any one has a similar federal court case link or any comments. the case is complex, but there seems to be light at the end of tunnel. how to overcome the cis denial theory that at the time of filing n-400 my PR status was terminated, which is not correct (AND CONTRARY TO BIA CASE LAW) as i did had pending i-751 and status can not be terminated until i-751 is decided or ij terminates status(as per BIA decisions).

update as of 2/9/2009.

NOW THE CASE WAS FILED at eastern dist of ny, fed court, ON 1/14/2009 BY my LAWYER AND AUSA was SERVED ON 1/22/2009 via certified mail. LAWYER DOES NOT RETURN EMAILS. CAN I find out about ausa and CONTACT AUSA MY SELF. whats the best way. i also sent copies of complaint to ombundsman as well. IS IT PREMATURE TO CONTACT ausa NOW. SHALL I WAIT OR THREATEN MY LAWYER TO PERFORM HIS DUTY BY WAY OF A COMPLAINT TO NYC BAR. PL ADVISE COOL MINDEDLY. THANKS. I NEED MY CITIZENSHIP FAST TO FILE FOR MY WIFE.

HOW MANy PEOPLE HAVE A SUCCESFUL 5 USC REVIEW CASE. IS ANY USC 5 CASE REPORTED ON THIS FORUM AS I CAN ONLY SEE WOM CASES. MINE IS NOT WOM?

Last edited by a moderator:
caliSun, please find attached the addresses related to Phoenix. what DO are you?

smali, I'm sorry you are going through this trouble. Lazycis, is great advice :)

Last edited by a moderator: