Anyone filed/submitted I-485 after July 5th thru Aug 17th, 2007 - Update Here!!

True

I think they will do even yours also if u go along with her. But don't forget to take your I-485 receipt. I saw a post some in these forums they have done even without FP notice to spouse when one has FP notice. If you can show sufficient reason even your spouse can go for FP early to the centre to which she has assigned for.

very true and I guess that nothing beats trying. So give it a try and see.:)

One of my friend got the FP Notice Receipt, but he went for FP before that and they took him and his families' FPs, so i guess, you should try Chocolate.

I received my FP Notice for 10/19, got my EADs approved 10/21, got in the mail 10/25.

You can go to FP any time before the appointment time. one of my friend went one week before his appointment and they accepted it.

AP Approval Notice Sent

Just checked the CRIS web site and found out that they have sent our AP approval notices. But, I did not receive any email update.

tennis_court...did you get the EAD?...please let me know when you receive it.
Thanks in advance!

I got my EAD card today in the mail. It was sent on Friday 26.

Now, I'm wondering if the FP should come next or AP. Regarding the AP, I've heard that the USCIS is issuing only two forms now so you can travel outside the country only two times per year. It used to issue three before. That is odd because the fee increased so you should get more for your money and not less. If you need to travel more outside the country (i.e. business related most of the time) it is likely that you have to spend more to get some more forms.

Still cannot access my other two receipts online. It seems that the website takes a lot longer to update than I thought. Anybody else was successful tracking the receipts online recently after not being able to access them for a long time (i.e. ~ 2 weeks)?

are you sure about what u said?

Now, I'm wondering if the FP should come next or AP. Regarding the AP, I've heard that the USCIS is issuing only two forms now so you can travel outside the country only two times per year. It used to issue three before. That is odd because the fee increased so you should get more for your money and not less. If you need to travel more outside the country (i.e. business related most of the time) it is likely that you have to spend more to get some more forms.

hello sir,

Are you sure about going out of country is linked to number of copies AP is given. I read several posts in forums only every body is getting 2 copies and we have to hand over one copy to the immigration official while returning from travel and next copy will be always with us and can go any number of times and come back.
We got everything except AP. I sent Fax today to Director, USCIS, Texas Service Centre requesting to expedite the process of my AP since I need to go back at any cost to India in the second week of November. FP is done and we got EAD cards also. Just waiting for AP.

I checked my case status today and AP was approved for me and my wife on 10/26/07, now just waiting on AP approval notice

hello sir,

Are you sure about going out of country is linked to number of copies AP is given. I read several posts in forums only every body is getting 2 copies and we have to hand over one copy to the immigration official while returning from travel and next copy will be always with us and can go any number of times and come back.
We got everything except AP. I sent Fax today to Director, USCIS, Texas Service Centre requesting to expedite the process of my AP since I need to go back at any cost to India in the second week of November. FP is done and we got EAD cards also. Just waiting for AP.

I am positive that I read that fact on immigration-law.com website about 2-3 days ago:

http://www.immigration-law.com/

However I just went back to look up the news bit and could not find it :eek:.

I am not sure what happened to the blurb. You might want to double check this fact as I cannot pinpoint it right now.

I did some digging and found this article about multiple entries for AP:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/archive/index.php/t-195233.html

And also read somewhere else that if you used Part 7 on the I-131 form to indicate you want multiple entries then I think you could use it for multiple entries.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131.pdf

I think you should also make copies of the AP to use during the trip if needed. I think the best is to ask what are other people's experience with using the AP on this forum.

If I find that text I'll post it or link to it. Sorry for the confusion. I am confused too now.

--- Edited message from here down ---

I actually stumbled upon this thread which discusses this very topic. I see that opinions are still divided.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=267680

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked my case status today and AP was approved for me and my wife on 10/26/07, now just waiting on AP approval notice

I see in your sig that the FP (finger print) was approved on a certain date. I am wondering what is there to approve about a finger print. I thought that it is used for printing it on the actual plastic card (GC).

Congratulations, tennis court,

I saw online my case and it was written: On oct 27th the approval notice sent to you....etc.

Could you tell me, please....how do you know that your card was sent on Friday 26th?
Thanks.

Congratulations, tennis court,

I saw online my case and it was written: On oct 27th the approval notice sent to you....etc.

Could you tell me, please....how do you know that your card was sent on Friday 26th?
Thanks.

Thanks GC_Europe. Please see this post of mine: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1811533#post1811533 in which I explain the timeline for EAD. I got all these dates from the dates printed in the letter, the stamp on the envelope and then the time it arrived.

I think your EAD card should be in your mail box by tomorrow ;) ... let me know. It would be interesting to compare our timelines as we filed the same day.

Can someone let what may have happened? Or may happen?

I got my receipt today for I-140 & I-485.

But, I filed I-485 & I-765 for my son at the same time. But nothing came for him. Also I have not heard anything for my I-765.

To give you my timeline:
I-485: RD 08/09: ND 10/23 for me from TSC
I-485: ??? for my son
I-765: ??? for both

One of those things again

One of those problems:)

Today, after receiving my EAD card yesterday, I went in to apply for a SS#, not noticing that the card had a typo on it.

Anyway, so I now have to send in a new I-765 form:mad:.

Now the thing is in September I called USCIS and told them that they spelled my name incorrectly. They sent me a letter saying it was corrected, and then this.

Well, I called Customer Service, and of course they told me I have to send in a new form, and here is the bad news;

1. It takes at least 30-45 days to get another card:mad:
2. If I cannot prove that the error was theirs, I have to pay another fee:mad:

I am sending them copies of all documents including the letter they sent me saying it was corrected. I even have the reference number from my phone call.

Anyway, the other side of the story is this. We (people at the SSA and myself), went ahead and applied for the SS#. What the representative told me is to go ahead and apply for the new card, and when I get it come over to change my name to the correct spelling:) and in the mean time I would get my SS# and can work etc. Hopefully...shoooooshhh, I almost got a headache:eek:.

My only other thing is that my interview for AOS is in December...so I am wondering if it makes any sense to reapply for a new EAD...assuming the interview goes well that is...Any thoughts anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
One of those problems:)

Today, after receiving my EAD card yesterday, I went in to apply for a SS#, not noticing that the card had a typo on it.

Anyway, so I now have to send in a new I-765 form:mad:.

Now the thing is in September I called USCIS and told them that they spelled my name incorrectly. They sent me a letter saying it was corrected, and then this.

Well, I called Customer Service, and of course they told me I have to send in a new form, and here is the bad news;

1. It takes at least 30-45 days to get another card:mad:
2. If I cannot prove that the error was theirs, I have to pay another fee:mad:

I am sending them copies of all documents including the letter they sent me saying it was corrected. I even have the reference number from my phone call.

Anyway, the other side of the story is this. We (people at the SSA and myself), went ahead and applied for the SS#. What the representative told me is to go ahead and apply for the new card, and when I get it come over to change my name to the correct spelling:) and in the mean time I would get my SS# and can work etc. Hopefully...shoooooshhh, I almost got a headache:eek:.

My only other thing is that my interview for AOS is in December...so I am wondering if it makes any sense to reapply for a new EAD...assuming the interview goes well that is...Any thoughts anyone?

I feel for you... these monkeys are so annoying sometimes. You would think that for the fee we pay they would at least pay attention and be extra careful as this is stuff that can affect a beneficiary down the road if not corrected properly.

Anyway, I'd say play by the rules and submit the new form but do not pay any fee as it is obvious that you did nothing wrong and USCIS is the culprit.

I got my receipt today for I-140 & I-485.

But, I filed I-485 & I-765 for my son at the same time. But nothing came for him. Also I have not heard anything for my I-765.

To give you my timeline:
I-485: RD 08/09: ND 10/23 for me from TSC
I-485: ??? for my son
I-765: ??? for both

Measuring by my time line I would almost say that the other receipts should come in the next couple of days (but not more than a week). If you feel giving USCIS a call that's also ok. You are already entitled by the front log weekly report they posted on their website.

AP Received in Mail

Received AP today from the lawyer - so they must have recevied yesterday (10/30). Though no status change or LUD on I-131 application - just received the approved AP.

Prior details:-
FP in Boston on 10/26/07.
Received FP notice in mail yesterday (10/12/07) for FP in Boston on 10/26/07.
Received EAD card on10/09/07
Service Center TSC
EB2 India PD - 12/2004
485/765/131 Receipt Date - 8/2/07; Notice Date 09/25/07