Anyone been approved in Garden City, NY, recently?

Hey, we also have our interview on June,19 ( 9 a.m. ) at Garden City.
I don't think they stamp passports there anymore. But maybe you get a really nice officer who'll do it for you as an exception. My passport is expired so I won't get a stamp anyway. My major concern is FBI clearance.
Don't want to be stuck there. Good luck to everybody who has interviews next week.

I live in Queens (Long Island City), but not even close to Long Island. Its actually going to be quite an early journey on LIRR out there.

But, I figure that it will be less hectic and crowded than Fed. Plaza, so i'm kind of glad that we got Garden City. It seems alot easier to deal with...

I dont think that there is any definite criteria for sending people there, just luck of the draw...Too many interviews at Fed. Plaza, so I assume they are just sending overflow to Garden City.
But I really dont know.

katies6767 said:
I live in Queens (Long Island City), but not even close to Long Island. Its actually going to be quite an early journey on LIRR out there.

But, I figure that it will be less hectic and crowded than Fed. Plaza, so i'm kind of glad that we got Garden City. It seems alot easier to deal with...

I dont think that there is any definite criteria for sending people there, just luck of the draw...Too many interviews at Fed. Plaza, so I assume they are just sending overflow to Garden City.
But I really dont know.

LIC is deff closer to Fed Plaza but whatever.....
I think it's just random.....We live in SoHo, literally 10 minutes away from Fed Plaza. I thought it was based on zip codes at least, but I heard of people from Nassau County sent to Fed Plaza so I guess I was wrong...

myjuls said:
Hey, we also have our interview on June,19 ( 9 a.m. ) at Garden City.
I don't think they stamp passports there anymore. But maybe you get a really nice officer who'll do it for you as an exception. My passport is expired so I won't get a stamp anyway. My major concern is FBI clearance.
Don't want to be stuck there. Good luck to everybody who has interviews next week.

Yes that is correct they dont stamp passport at garden CIty I had my interview there. You can get a stamp only when you get a welcome notice

so our interview was 3/13. we were approved 6/8 and now it says :

On June 14, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

fingers crossed we get the card with no problem.

Congratulations ceecee. We had interview on 3/15/06 and are still waiting. Anyone else is waiting? Anyone has any suggestions? I talked to the officer again and she said the background check has still not yet gone through... She said I can write to her supervisor. But how?

How did you contact your officer, by phone?
Where did you have an interview?
We had an interview on March 9 - still waiting.
I can't check my status online - because I don't have a receipt number and I never had because my case was transferred.

June 19th finally there is a status update online saying your welcome notice was mailed on June 16th 2006.
Now i am waiting to receive it. Also there is an update on i-130 saying approved on june 16th 2006.
This is finally getting over i guess. NYC office

Kaktus, I don't understand why you don't have a receipt number just because your case was transferred... If yours was transferred from one DO to another, you will still have the same case number and you can use that to check the online status. But whether your case is transferred or not, there is no guarantee that your status would be up-to-date or correct.

because i filed everything in CT - hartford sub office in person. When you file in person there is no receipt number.
:(
when they transferred to NY - same - I aske they can't provide the receipt number.

Kaktus,
I talked to the officer on the phone and she checked the status using my A#. I had my interview in Garden City.

kaktus said:
I also called them and referred to my A#
They can't see anything - just pending :(

and what it says on on-line case status:

Application Type: I181, CREATION OF RECORD OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE

Current Status:

Your I181 CREATION OF RECORD OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE was received on June 10, 2004. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

How does it usually change after an interview?

Finally...

Hello Everyone,

Finally, I got the card in mail today...after 4 years of wait and numerous EADs and APs.

I wish others all the best. But keep on it after the I485. Follow-up with the congressman, USCIS etc. I wrote may be 100 letters to the Director USCIS, many phone calls to the congressman...

-Arjun

arjun96 said:
Hello Everyone,

Finally, I got the card in mail today...after 4 years of wait and numerous EADs and APs.

I wish others all the best. But keep on it after the I485. Follow-up with the congressman, USCIS etc. I wrote may be 100 letters to the Director USCIS, many phone calls to the congressman...

-Arjun
Congrats Arjun...and good luck to everyone dealing (especially) with Garden City, though they do appear to be getting quicker.

usabchan said:
hi, all,

I had my interview yesterday, it went pretty good. the officer asked some basic questions, like parents' names, last year income, where did we meet and how, when was the last time we travelled and where did we stay...etc... she did ask for some documents i did not have such as previous w2s and mortgage documents(the apt is under my wife's name). I just told her that they were not stated in the notice that was why i did not have them. but at the end she said she did not need them and approved the i130 but not the i485 because they have not received the background check yet.

did anyone have a similar situation where your i130 was approved but not the i485? or what exactly does that mean?

thanks

timeline

dec 10 - filed i765, i485, i130
dec 15 - receipt notice for i765, i485, i130
feb 20 - EAD card approved
jun 5 - GC interview
jun 5 - i130 approved, i485 pending.

dec 10 - filed i765, i485, i130
dec 15 - receipt notice for i765, i485, i130
feb 20 - EAD card approved
jun 5 - GC interview
jun 5 - approved i130, i485 pending (waiting for name check)

I had my interview also last June 7 and it pretty same thing that happen with you. She said she'll approve it but I have to wait for the name check and said to wait for 30 to 90 days for the actual green card. But as what I've read here in the threads it takes more time to wait for everything. So just please let me know if you've got anything from them because me too I'm waiting everyday for the notice or the e-mail from them like what they are saying welcome letter. Goodluck for both of us, we almost have same timeline..

nothing from USCIS yet, still waiting for the namecheck. i will keep you posted if i receive anything.

I had my interview on May 10th 2006 and I got verbal approval from the officer, but he said he can't stamp my passport because the FBI name check is still pending, now 2 months had gone and I heard nothing :mad:. My EAD is going to expire on Aug, anyone know how can we found out the status of FBI name check ? I'm sick and tire of playing this waiting game.