Anyone been approved in Garden City, NY, recently?

SaraJones

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone's AOS been approved recently in Garden City? And did you get a stamp in the passport and have you received your GC?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hello SaraJones,

I had my interview in Garden City, NY in April 2005. I did not get a stamp at the time of the interview (got it 4 months later). I spoke to quite a few people who had their interview there too, and none of them got a stamp right away.

Hope this helps.

Hello SaraJones,

I got stamped 4 months later in NYC...Haven't gotten the GC yet..it's been 8 months since the interview so far...

Speedee,

How did you get your stamp? Did you request it? Or did they call you in? Did you go to Garden City or Federal Plaza in New York? And do you know why your GC has been delayed?
Thanks so much.

Hello SaraJones,

I didn't hear from them more than 3 months after the interview. Meanwhile i called them numerous times, I made infopass appoiments and went to the NYC DO...they didn't give me any information - the excuse was that my file was in Garden City, and they didn't update the system. I went to Garden City again, hoping to talk to the immigration officer that interviewed me and my husband, but I didn't know her name (I didn't bother to remember it - I was not expecting any problems...stupid me!!!), but they didn't tell me her name and didn't let me talk to anyone. So having no other choice I wrote a letter to my congressman. He sent them a letter asking what is going on, and then they(USCIS) sent me a letter for passport stamping. So now it has been 5 months after the stamp and we are playing the same game - I call them and they are "working on it"...no other information. That is all they tell me every time. So I think I am going to call that congressman again.

:( I hope you have better luck than me!

Hi Speedee,
Thank you so much for all the info. I really appreciate it. I am going through the exact same thing. My DAO in Garden City said it would be just a few days before I received the card, but it's been over a month and nothing has come. I also went to Federal Plaza and they said my file is in Garden City and they cannot do anything. Same thing as you. I guess I will wait a few weeks more before writing to the Congressman. Did they ever tell you why your GC has been delayed? Is it due to background checks and what country are you from?

I had interview in Oct, 2005 at garden city, no stamp, was told to expect the card by mail soon. but still waiting. got a letter last week to ask me to redo fingerprint. INS, esp in new york is really a mess. I waited almost 22 months for the interview. now I don't know how long I have to wait for the damn card.

I-131 in Garden City

We filed for I-131 in July 2003 in NYC and went for the interview in Garden City in August 2005. We have not heard anything since. I called a few times to inquire about the case, but "the customer service representative" was not able to say much, apart from the usual, it's taking a lot of time in NY because there are a lot of people living there. It will be almost three years in a few months from the time we filed the I-131. I only wish that we filed it in a different state. The processing times for Wyoming are less than 6 months. The whole process is just insane. :confused:

I-131 interview

The interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. The officer did not stamp my passport. The officer stated that we won't have to come for another interview and that she believes that the marriage is genuine. It's been 6 months since the interview and no news so far. From what I have read here, it probably does not make much sense to schedule an Infopass appointment. I'll probably wait a few more :( months, and if nothing happens, I will write a complaint to the BCIS in DC.

Hello again,

To SaraJones' question: I did ask why is it taking so long and I was told that there are a lot of people waiting and I have to be patient.
And to the other question- I am from Bulgaria, but I don't think this really matters..they are just slow, very slow.

Regards,
Speedee

I had an interview at Garden City yesterday, Interviewing officer was nice. He checked our tax forms, affidavit of support, bank & credit card statements, photographs, marriage & birth certificates, and my husband's certificate of citizenship. He asked me how we met and the regular questions off the application (if you ever commited a crime, prostitution etc.). He told us that everything looks good and once we passed the security clearance, I should receive the card in the mail. No stamp.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-485 - AOS interview in Garden City

We had the interview in August '05 and have not heard anything since. The officer was cordial, said everything is fine, and that the card should arrive in 4 weeks which of course was not the case. The whole process is just a mess. It costs three times as much to apply for I-485 in NY than it does anywhere else in the country, due to constant renewal applications for I-131 and I-765. :(

i don't know, i will go to garden city in April.
did u guys do your FBI fringerprints before the interview or after. I did it last Nov, I hope my record will come to USCIS before my interview.
Definitely agree that NY is the slowest city to process immigration stuff, I have been waiting for interview more than two years. it is just crazy that i won't get my stamp. I don't know...
wish u all luck

chris

Did you do your FP in Long Island , can you please share the address of the application support center on long Island.

bps01 said:
chris

Did you do your FP in Long Island , can you please share the address of the application support center on long Island.
hi bps01,
I did all my FP(for EDA, FBI name checks) in New York City, not in long island. I used to beileve i will be interviewed in NYC, somehow i am arranged to be interviewed in garden city.
i heard that many applications have been transfered to garden city, not 100% sure.
what do u mean by application support center?

good luck

Chriz
I had my EAD FP done in brooklyn ASC (applcation support center) but havent got my 485 FP notice, so was wondering if there is any place that do FP on long Island as I live in long Island so my interview will be in garden City. Where did you go for you FP ?